AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Ore no Imouto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=103)
-   -   Ore no Imouto - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98238)

Kairin 2010-10-12 12:38

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Ore no Imouto anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Ore no Imouto which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

Neosovereign 2010-10-12 15:23

So what is this anime about?

relentlessflame 2010-10-12 18:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neosovereign (Post 3294737)
So what is this anime about?

I'll quote the best one-sentence summary I've seen so far:

Quote:

Originally Posted by winkel (Post 3281058)
It's a sitcom about an atypical otaku and her experiences from the perspective of her brother who bares witness to it all.

Other than that, the easiest way to get a feel for the show is probably just to watch the first episode.

risingstar3110 2010-10-13 01:59

Would characters such as Kuroneko have enough appearances in the future to have her own sub-forum?

(someone have to ask this anyway)

Mentar 2010-10-13 08:41

Yep, they will. I think at least Kuroneko, Ayase, Manami and Shiori deserve threads of their own.

Xacual 2010-10-18 14:30

Is the season going to be one or two cour? For some reason I thought it was going to be 2 but I'm not sure anymore.

vaden 2010-10-18 15:18

Wikipedia and Syoboi both state 13 episodes. Since the first novel was knocked out of the way in three episodes, and there are only six volumes out in total, there isn't enough source material for a second cour without substantial anime-only material anyway.

Undertaker 2010-10-18 17:40

Agree, I think the anime will cover first 5 volumes since volume 5 provides a logical breaking point in the series. The author even stated in postface of the volume that volume 5 can be consider as an end for the unofficial first part of the series.

Xacual 2010-10-18 17:41

Ok thanks for the answer, I wonder where I got 2 cours from to begin with.

reggiewafu 2010-10-19 22:34

Is this incest of some sort? I hate incest beyond high heavens.

Khu 2010-10-19 23:42

Not at all.

Nothing of the sort has been insinuated.

(yet.)

reggiewafu 2010-10-20 04:55

^

Thanks for the answer. I really hope not.

Dist 2010-10-20 14:22

You can only hope the anime doesn't feature content seen on the later volumes. Well, there's probably no time for that anyway unless we see second season, but you could then just choose to skip it.

Vexx 2010-10-21 00:00

There's a huge difference between "coming to terms with the notion that your sister is a sexual being" and "becoming attracted to your sister" ... its a messy landscape that doesn't automatically or so simplistically invoke "incest". The author of the source material is female (which often means in anime that the storyline won't be as simple or easy to summarize).

Kameruka 2010-10-22 00:52

Can anyone make Kyosuke and Kirino models for The Sims 3?

It seems impossible but I'd love to see it.

Justice Knight 2010-11-05 08:16

just picked up this one and have a question.

did the father accept the daughter's hobby?? If so, which ep is that?? I dont think i missed anything since her bro try to speak up for her to the father and got a punch later lol.

Undertaker 2010-11-06 03:29

The father didn't accept nor forbid Kirino's ACG hobby due to Kyosuke's intervention he only said he'll take back the things he said with prior prejudice. It is assumed that he at least allow Kirino to keep her non-eroge part of stuff while Kyosuke picks up the blame [and possession, at least in the father's head] for the R-18 eroges.

For LN, it was end of volume 1 and volume 2 implies that the father did some research and find most reports that he had heard about ACG are ambiguous at best.

Anime cut some stuff out but the scenes where shown at episode 3 and 5.

Seihai 2010-11-12 09:28

So... for the PSP game, what kinda routes are there?
You play Kyousuke (obviously) but how many people and who can you capture?
I heard some wtf:twitch: stuff from it but if anyone can answer with confidence, I'd feel better.

karice67 2010-11-17 03:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vexx (Post 3308157)
The author of the source material is female.

Wait...where did you get this from? The Japanese wiki states quite clearly that it's a guy, and all the interview pics I've seen (or if you search Fushimi Tsukasa / 伏見つかさ in google images) definitely don't leave any room for doubt :confused:

Nihokon 2010-11-19 02:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanish (Post 3342716)
So... for the PSP game, what kinda routes are there?
You play Kyousuke (obviously) but how many people and who can you capture?
I heard some wtf:twitch: stuff from it but if anyone can answer with confidence, I'd feel better.

Well, this is what sankaku said:
Quote:

Originally Posted by sankakucomplex.com
The details were revealed in a live Nico interview with the creators.
Of the game, it is promised that:

There will be over 20 routes

The protagonist may actually die in the Ayase route

The authors had their way with Bandai, making them rewrite much of the plot Bandai provided

There is a “phone-book sized” amount of dialogue

There is a “homo route” and there may be a “oyaji [father] route”

I'm pretty excited with Ayase's yandere route.