AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Darker Than Black (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=95)
-   -   Darker Than Black 2nd Season - Episode 05 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=88122)

tsukimoto 2009-11-06 20:26

Man this whole whale thing kind of reminds me of Persona Trinity Soul... added with the Jun and Yuki/Suou and Shion thing.

Anyway, more July and Suou cuteness please!

Kind of wish there was more pew pew in this episode by Suou too, but ep was nonetheless plot thickening and interesting.

Yu Ominae 2009-11-06 20:41

Looks like a foreign power/organization's getting itself involved with the submarine there. Unless the JMSDF assisted Section 3.

However, the S3 troopers seem familiar as they were in the 1st season...

PS - Can't wait to see how Michiru will interact with her "family".

Xacual 2009-11-06 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by stuopidget (Post 2753565)
This means Hei will loses his electricity for the remainder of the series until things get resolved. Although his combat prowess is still ridiculous (considering his sister was the original Black Reaper, but he still could keep up in South America), he's going to be weaker.

He was always the Black Reaper. That's why Carmine knew him by that nickname. His sister was BK201 before him though.

Shinji103 2009-11-06 22:07

Took a little bit for me to put my thoughts together on this one, but nice little setup and development episode. Bones really isn't just sticking a bunch of random stuff in here. are they? lol Now what's-his-face and his dad (that took a few jaw-drops to get used to) are in on the plot, and might end up biting it like Nika. (and apparently he really did in fact die; a lot of blood flowing from his body after the locusts swarmed him isn't a good sign)

What got my attention was that container; am I the only one who thinks it looks suspiciously like it's supposed to hold........a person? Could be just incorrect specualtion of course, but could it be.......Yin? Hei said he was out to destroy it, and after episode three's epilogue........

I guess we'll find out next episode.

Yu Ominae 2009-11-06 22:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103 (Post 2753771)
Took a little bit for me to put my thoughts together on this one, but nice little setup and development episode. Bones really isn't just sticking a bunch of random stuff in here. are they? lol Now what's-his-face and his dad (that took a few jaw-drops to get used to) are in on the plot, and might end up biting it like Nika. (and apparently he really did in fact die; a lot of blood flowing from his body after the locusts swarmed him isn't a good sign)

What got my attention was that container; am I the only one who thinks it looks suspiciously like it's supposed to hold........a person? Could be just incorrect specualtion of course, but could it be.......Yin? Hei said he was out to destroy it, and after episode three's epilogue........

I guess we'll find out next episode.

I'm thinking on the same thing too. In fact Section 3 troopers guarding it in the transport suggest that it's a highly valued target.

Good luck to Lebanon (Wonder why a Japanese man has the name of Lebanon anyway, that's not Japanese... :confused:)

PS - The S3 troopers were dubbed to be as the military according to Saito when I heard the english dub of season 1. They were too similar since I'm wondering if S3 was in the scene before RNG.

qwertyman 2009-11-06 22:16

Usually I don't gripe about minor details, but...

... is anyone else bothered by the lack of water behind the car (where Hei was knocked to)?

And I have to wonder if Hei actually meant to move her over to the manhole in order to make for an easier escape.

Kadrias 2009-11-06 22:18

How has nobody mentioned what was clearly the most important thing in this episode?! o:<

HEI ATE FOOD. FOOD!!

Intranetusa 2009-11-06 22:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kadrias (Post 2753798)
How has nobody mentioned what was clearly the most important thing in this episode?! o:<

HEI ATE FOOD. FOOD!!

meh...he only ate 2 bowls (that we know of)...

He ain't back to normal unless he eats the entire pot + asks for more!!!

btw, I was curious why they didn't eat the geese Souu shot? Isn't that a delicacy in most nations around the world?

Vanehei 2009-11-06 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intranetusa (Post 2753849)

btw, I was curious why they didn't eat the geese Souu shot? Isn't that a delicacy in most nations around the world?

Have you seen the size of Sou`s bullets? I dont think there were any geese to look for after she shot it...

And... maybe Hei will be cooking next time, since Suou its so bad at it.:heh:

g_silver 2009-11-06 23:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kashima (Post 2753855)
Have you seen the size of Sou`s bullets? I dont think there were any geese to look for after she shot it...

LOL yeah that rifle can put a damn big hole in concrete wall... :D

Kaoru Chujo 2009-11-07 00:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kadrias (Post 2753798)
How has nobody mentioned what was clearly the most important thing in this episode?! o:< HEI ATE FOOD. FOOD!!

Good point. When he starts in on the beef bowls, we know he's back, lol.

Actually, at this point I'm thinking his eating those bowls of weed soup was just to show him softening toward Suou. But there might be something of some sort going on there. I've been wondering how he could survive on sake alone. And it looked (?) as if he was doing that even before they blasted his powers.

Strange 2009-11-07 00:19

It does look like Hei's is starting to care for Suou. You have him trying to keep her out of the mission, the conversation with Mao as they watch her sleep, and him eating the soup that was so obviously awful.

Izanami being Yin would indeed be neat, not only because it'd warm the hearts of fanboys like me. Izanagi=Hei and Izanami=Yin? Who knows.

Does anyone else think that Oreille looks a lot like Yin as well? White hair, with the purple coloring to her lips... looks like her mother, but she's dead. Probably just some design similarities.

Bordix 2009-11-07 01:06

Do they really need to show the full sequence of Suou summoning her rifle? At first I didn't really mind it, but now its starting to get on my nerves.

Quote:

Originally Posted by KaneDragon (Post 2753468)

This scene was heart-warming, and the added squirrel just makes it better :heh: I don't mind seeing more of this.

The container obviously is a trap. I bet that golem contractor is hiding there. Next episode should be awesome. Maybe Misaki can finally meet Hei again.

xKeen 2009-11-07 01:11

So...Hei is not a contractor anymore? He didn't shock the woman when he had her in his arms.
And they said something about losing contractor powers.Suou might not be a contractor,based on the observation(Meteor fragment again).
We need more action in the future episodes,needs more Hei.Suou too. Thats some odd telephone there...

orangejuicetang 2009-11-07 01:15

hmm. I actually though Izanami might have been Hei's powers, since the machine that took his powers away seemed to be used by that organization, but it being Yin would actually probably be alot more interesting.

Yu Ominae 2009-11-07 01:26

http://img503.imageshack.us/img503/6...ckgemin.th.jpg

Question on this building peeps. Wonder if it's still in what remains of the GTA.

Kaoru Chujo 2009-11-07 01:46

Is it possible that Izanami is Shion? His sister Suou would then be Izanagi (who was Izanami's sister/wife in the myth, I believe). But maybe Izanami has been in the files for too long for that to be possible.

alu546 2009-11-07 02:00

Actually, I fully expected Pai as Izanami because the unknown woman talked about it being Mitsuki's time for her wish to be granted, right before she saw the inside of the casket, and since the name "BK-201" doesnt denote gender.

And that would be a major mind blower.

Anywho, interesting episode, im enjoying the character development so far.

Oh did anyone else get the same vibe off the unknown woman that the old woman in the observatory from season one gave off? I wonder if they are related.

Strange 2009-11-07 02:12

Quote:

Oh did anyone else get the same vibe off the unknown woman that the old woman in the observatory from season one gave off? I wonder if they are related.
Not really. I thought the blond-haired twins were, though--perhaps being in close proximity to each other somehow amplifies their powers, much like how the nearby dolls boosted the old woman's astrological capabilities in season one.

jonli 2009-11-07 02:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Intranetusa (Post 2753849)

I thought that was a swan @_@...

Lol...I eat geese regularly and it's wonderful. You're right, they should've chowed that poor fellow up.