AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Anime (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Do you like Love Triangles? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=53514)

Scarlett_Rain55 2007-08-24 23:13

Do you like Love Triangles?

I do, it would be boring if the couple was just there, or if there was no one interfering. Then there would be no debates and stuff.

anselfir 2007-08-24 23:18

they are ok if done right. usually are filled wtih various silly social debris though, particularly when it comes to expectations for the girls.

Uwashio 2007-08-25 04:48

Not really because in the triangle one person is usually stupid.

Black_Rose 2007-08-25 05:59

I really dont it makes me think too much and I dont espesialy on fruits basket she should get rid of Yuki and go for Kyo!

KholdStare 2007-08-25 06:01

To be honest a romance wouldn't really be good without a triangle, because I haven't seen any I've liked without one, except Suzumiya and that's really not romance. Anways, some are just annoying and the ones done right are rare, but if they are indeed done right like KgNE then I love them.

Oppius 2007-08-25 06:02

I dislike 'love triangle' in anime because most girls(of course) just want to see they favorite bishies fighting over the girl.Most girls who fans such that idea just becuase of the bishies.Not the lead girl.

Terrestrial Dream 2007-08-25 07:33

If it done right like some of the Macross series, then I am fine with it.

Whitemoon648 2007-08-25 07:51

Love triangles in an anime sure :). Its always intresting to see how it will turn out.

Calca 2007-08-25 07:58

I like them if both of the people has an actual chance with the love interest.

A lot of the times, you know which one will win out a few episodes into the series

Echoes 2007-08-25 09:35

I don't not like them.

It's not something I've considered as a thing to love or hate, and I really haven't seen very many animes where a love triangle's the main theme. There was KgNE, but even then it's more about dealing with post traumatic stress disorder than the actual love triangle.

It's usually either a harem, one guy/girl or little romance at all in the animes I watch, so I'll go with yes, if they're done right.

Kyomi 2007-08-25 09:48

I'm not sure if I hate it. But I like better a straightforward single guy-girl plot by far I think. Maybe because The guy (which is often the one who gets to pick >.>) never picks out the girl I would root for, or goes for the obvious choice (like that childhood friend that always had such obvious feelings for him, urk >.<)

The only exclusion to this for me would be Shuffle! He went for the Underdog and that was kinda an interesting pick

Echoes 2007-08-25 10:16

I rooted for
Spoiler for The girl who gets picked in Shuffle, in case anyone's yet to see it.:
from the very moment I laid eyes upon her, so I was quite pleased with Shuffle's ending as well. Even though it's an obvious harem anime, it did turn into a love triangle while there was still quite a bit of the series left.

Dkong1026 2007-08-25 10:46

I guess I don't mind them if done right....but I said no because 9/10 times, I hate love triangles in anime.

jedinat 2007-08-25 12:59

I voted no immediately without thinking about it, but I guess I can enjoy them sometimes, as long as the main character is never really unsure about what he/she wants. I only like them for comedic value. Dramatic love triangles? No way.

4Tran 2007-08-25 15:03

Love triangles have been a staple of drama for a very long time. I love drama, so it's natural for me to also like triangles. They aren't necessary for all romances, but they can be very compelling if they're well-written.

Spark 2007-08-25 23:06

I'd have to say yeah.. I like love triangles. Keeps things interesting, and I think I kinda need that in order to stay interested in a romance genre anime.

capture 2007-08-26 00:50

Hmm If done right yes :)

Love triangle can be hated and also can be interesting, IMO it depend on the person who is watching...

oh well maybe in the end polygamy win :heh: (just joking)

Mirrinus 2007-08-26 01:14

I hate love triangles, actually. I can't stand watching people act all jealous and possessive over someone who likely isn't really worth it anyway, at least in my eyes. It's a festering pool for breeding bizarre misinterpretations and lovestruck idiocy.

Note, though, that I don't necessarily hate stories where more than one character share the same love interest. I only hate it when they act unreasonable and make the pursuit of their object of affection their greatest priority or something. Thus something like School Days would be nearly unwatchable for me, while Kanon would be quite easy to tolerate.

Sheba 2007-08-26 04:44

When I was a kid, I used to hate love triangles. Until I watched Kimagure Orange Road on its first airing back in the late 1980s.
Now, they are ok in my eyes as long as they are done right.

Calawain 2007-08-26 18:06

Hastily thrown together silly ones, no. But if they are done well they are an important part of some very good stories.