AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Love Live! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=167)
-   -   (L) Love Live! School Idol Project (1st Season) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=110456)

MisaoFan 2012-02-19 11:04

Love Live! School Idol Project (1st Season)

http://adala-news.fr/wp-content/uplo...ol-Project.jpg

Original creator : ASCII Media Works (Dengeki's G Magazine)
Animation production : Sunrise
Plot summary : The story sets in Otonokizaka High School. However, it was threatened to closure due to the reduction of the number of the students. That's why nine of them needs to become idols in order to promote their school !
The anime studio Sunrise, the music label Lantis, and ASCII Media Works' Dengeki G Magazine developed Love Live! School Idol Project in October 2010 as a self-described "ultimate user-participation project" which lets its fans vote on the future of the fictional idol characters. Online mobile phone polls have determined different aspects of the idols, such as hairstyles and costumes.

Note : The project already inspired several animated music videos since its debut. Seven single CDs and three album CDs of the idol unit have been released.

My thoughts : First Idolmaster, then Symphogear, next AKB0048 and now this ! Good to see how the industry handle anime with young singers in order to rid generic ecchi stuff a bit !

djmaca 2012-02-19 20:27

IdolM@ster clone huh? Depending on who the seiyuu are, I have to see it first before judging.

Tempester 2012-02-19 21:40

Next time, post the source as well.

LoweGear 2012-02-20 00:01

*reads info on the School Idol Project*

So THAT's what this video (and all other related ones) was all about:

Bonta Kun 2012-02-20 00:11

Huh earlier today when I saw this thread I thought "Hmm very much looks like something I'll like but not exactly expect great things from, I'll keep a eye out for it but not keep a eye on it" however after seeing that vid above, I'm still kinda thinking I shouldn't expect great things from this but damn I am exicted!
I will now be keeping a eye on it to see whats to come.
Whether or not this is great, I know I'm still gonna love it, the power of a vid like that is quite frightening!

LoweGear 2012-02-20 00:20

What is surprising is how awesome the quality of those videos are. These are above and beyond your usual animated music videos. If the actual anime can keep that level of animation, it'll be a treat to watch. :)

Chaos2Frozen 2012-02-20 00:28

This should cover the losses from making an Anime about the 'normal' lives of boring and un-moe highschool boys :p :heh:

Bonta Kun 2012-02-20 00:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4015286)
What is surprising is how awesome the quality of those videos are. These are above and beyond your usual animated music videos. If the actual anime can keep that level of animation, it'll be a treat to watch. :)

Yea, the quality of the vids is awesome thats what caught me out and got me so exicted.
But can't deny I have doubts we'd see such animation for the anime but I'm guessing we will where it counts.
Vids did their job tho, like I said frightening how well the vid got to me:p

Also as we'd all expect there will probably be "waifu claiming" later on but gotta say, I'd go with the harem route here, couldn't have it any other way:heh:

Tempester 2012-02-20 01:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4015293)
This should cover the losses from making an Anime about the 'normal' lives of boring and un-moe highschool boys :p :heh:

I understand that those shows may be bad to you, but how are attempts at decentralizing your market a "loss" in any way? :eyebrow:

Chaos2Frozen 2012-02-20 01:12

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tempester (Post 4015329)
I understand that those shows may be bad to you, but how are attempts at decentralizing your market a "loss" in any way? :eyebrow:

Lets not kid ourselves, Sunrise isn't going to be making a ton of money from it. Hell, at best they could hope for is to break even.

djmaca 2012-02-20 01:14

Quote:

Just flat out say the title and say "it's boring".

Ontopic, nice vids. I might as well put this on my check list...

Is this for next season?

thirdlc 2012-02-20 01:17

At least the first PV costed 40 million yen, 2~4 times as much as a typical TV anime episode.

Sunrise 8th studio made Idolm@star into a mecha anime once, and now is producing a true idol anime. I have to say I'm full of deep emotions.:heh:

Chaos2Frozen 2012-02-20 01:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmaca (Post 4015336)
Just flat out say the title and say "it's boring".

I'm starting to get the feeling that people don't seem to get the joke... Don't worry, let me do the following changes so that it's more apparent-

Quote:

This should cover the losses from making an Anime about the 'normal' lives of 'boring' and 'un-moe' highschool boys :heh::D:p;):heh::meh:;)

...If people STILL don't get it then forget it- I'm not risking making this any more off-topic than necessary; transmission end.

Aesthetic Shampoo 2012-02-20 02:01

Ha, first thing i thought was idolm@ster as well when i read the synopsis. Though it looks like its going to have the same problem as idolm@ster as well: TOO MANY CHARACTERS. Less than idolm@ster thankfully, but i still think its going to be a problem when the focus will be all over the place ie. the girls. The very large amount of girls.

djmaca 2012-02-20 02:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnythesun (Post 4015377)
Ha, first thing i thought was idolm@ster as well when i read the synopsis. Though it looks like its going to have the same problem as idolm@ster as well: TOO MANY CHARACTERS. Less than idolm@ster thankfully, but i still think its going to be a problem when the focus will be all over the place ie. the girls. The very large amount of girls.

50 episodes will not suffice, ikr?

Tempester 2012-02-20 02:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 4015333)
Lets not kid ourselves, Sunrise isn't going to be making a ton of money from it. Hell, at best they could hope for is to break even.

Oh! I see now that you're talking about *financial* losses. Sorry, my misunderstanding. :heh:

Anyway, what exactly is this an adaptation of, if anything? All I can find from my quick research is that there are a few songs and albums plus some music videos by Sunrise, but that's pretty much it. Is this the first time we'll get to know these idols in any way or form? The iDOLM@STER had it easy because it was working with already iconic and fairly popular characters. It'll take some effort from Sunrise to make me care about these idols in the same way as I do for Amami Haruka, Kisaragi Chihaya, et cetera.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnythesun (Post 4015377)

You'd be surprised at how well large casts can be handled with proper writing, planning and direction. Not to say that one shouldn't be wary though, as it can also go wrong easily (see: Angel Beats).

Aesthetic Shampoo 2012-02-20 04:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmaca (Post 4015391)
50 episodes will not suffice, ikr?

If its 50 episodes, then it should be fine as long as the writers don't mess up :p But where did you get the 50 from?

Ravenblitz 2012-02-20 07:31

well considering the amount of scans and the short ova last year it's a fun watch

Spoiler for Love Live idols (old scan):

http://i.imgur.com/l5fk2l.jpg

djmaca 2012-02-20 08:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sunnythesun (Post 4015487)
If its 50 episodes, then it should be fine as long as the writers don't mess up :p But where did you get the 50 from?

Just an example....

Transitions 2012-02-21 21:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by MisaoFan (Post 4014407)
[IMG]
My thoughts : First Idolmaster, then Symphogear, next AKB0048 and now this ! Good to see how the industry handle anime with young singers in order to rid generic ecchi stuff a bit !

your comment kills in absolute any program type american idol. lol

Quote:

Originally Posted by djmaca (Post 4014977)
IdolM@ster clone huh? Depending on who the seiyuu are, I have to see it first before judging.

no, no, no the idolmaster it's autentic, i think the love Live is a FanService

Quote:

LOL

for a moment i think this anime is a clone of american idol or some mexican programs of reality that seen like a shit.

oh! Moe is what characterizes these animes, without the charm and Moe no joke