AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   Kyou no Go no Ni (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=30168)

Seiryuu 2006-03-20 15:46

Kyou no Go no Ni

New series coming out 3/24: Kyou no Go no Ni(roughly, "2 of 5 today", I think).
I don't know much about it, but it looks interesting. If there's already a thread, sorry, I searched to no avail. Doesn't help that the words of the title are so short. The forum search won't apply words as short or common as these.

Mirtual 2006-03-20 16:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Seiryuu
New series coming out 3/24: Kyou no Go no Ni(roughly, "2 of 5 today", I think).
I don't know much about it, but it looks interesting. If there's already a thread, sorry, I searched to no avail. Doesn't help that the words of the title are so short. The forum search won't apply words as short or common as these.

It is an OAV, offical site is:
http://www.5-2.jp/

Other than this you could look into the New announced anime thread: http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=26406

NeoSam 2006-03-20 16:02

Finally someone started a thread for this anime :)

It would be better if someone renames the thread to Kyou no Go no Ni.

今日の5の2
Kyo no Gononi

Its based on a manga thats serialized in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Bessatsu Young Magazine.
The manga is only 1 volume long, here is the cover:

http://img482.imageshack.us/img482/9...ogononi7ug.jpg

Some info about Kyo no Gononi (Today in Class 5-2), from Manganews:

Quote:

This one-volume manga by Sakuraba Koharu portrays the fifth grade in a... different light. The chapters ran in Young Magazine, a relatively small publication, and were then released in volume form, when it gained some cult following.

What makes this manga particularly unique is not it's characters, which represent fairly run-of-the-mill manga personalities like those found in FLCL, Azumanga, and even Sister Princess--which should give you a pretty good idea of what does make this manga interesting: the perfect blend of school humor, plain ridiculousness, and raging sexual innuendo.

Ah, fifth grade like you wish you remembered it!
Genre: Seinen, Comedy

The one volume manga got scanlated by Jinmen Juushin group (the manga is not licensed), and it can be found here: http://jinmen.pyoko.org/projects.php...y_in_Class_5-2

NeoSam 2006-03-21 02:35

I corrected my previous post, somehow I got two titles mixed up (both of them are from the same mangaka >.< )

hamiko_san 2006-03-21 08:01

10 things more, you never know.

Seiryuu 2006-03-21 08:42

I know there's a trailer somewhere online, I think ANN said it was posted on AnimeNation. One thing seems odd to me: I looked up the studio that's producing it, and it looks like ALL their other works are HENTAI. Looks like this is being produced by the people that did MAHOU SHOUJO AI!(I saw a few pictures of that show. If I remember right, they had tentacles push straight through the digestive tract and out the mouth...) This looks like a fun show. I just hope these people can handle something normal(relative to their previous works, that is).

DaFool 2006-03-21 09:50

Well Green Bunny did Kite which did release as a mainstream anime (although granted the director's cut was hentai). Pink Pineapple is also capable of making more palateable fare such as Buttobi CPU which is more on the ecchi realm. I don't know about you, but a few of the modern digital hentai I've seen have fairly good production values, almost theatrical quality even. So it all depends on the amount of effort they put in.

Well this really looks like a cute series anyway, despite it supposedly being about perverted 5th graders.

Srin Tuar 2006-03-21 12:53

I just read this manga- its actually pretty easy to read. (short, sweet, easy vocab and grammar)

I would translate the title as "Today in class 5-2"

The setup is like a series of short skits. (reminding me alot of sensei no ojikan, except with a mandatory forus on sexual innuendo in every skit)

I dont know how many episodes this format can support though, the official site shows previews for 5 eps and doesnt cover the whole volume.... anyone know the totaly planned episode count? I couldnt find it.

Mamiko Noto is going to voice Kazumi, so thats something to look forward to :)

NeoSam 2006-03-21 14:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Srin Tuar
I dont know how many episodes this format can support though, the official site shows previews for 5 eps and doesnt cover the whole volume.... anyone know the totaly planned episode count? I couldnt find it.

According to AniDB its 5 episodes.

But I'm still not sure if they are right or not (they have been wrong before).

Catgirls 2006-03-22 13:10

I really like the artwork in this show. The colors are just fabulous. Good facial expressions.

I must admit, I was a bit unnerved watching a fifth grader taking off her cloths and jumping around in her panties.

DaFool 2006-03-22 13:24

Why does the raw say it's dual audio? Anyone confirm that? Also the aspect ratio should be 16:9 correct? I haven't downloaded anything yet.

Soulfang 2006-03-22 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFool
Why does the raw say it's dual audio?

Commentary, perhaps?

Newprimus 2006-03-22 20:51

I've read the manga and really enjoyed, and after watching the raw I think they did a good job with the anime. Just about everything's done pretty much right here, although Yuki's hair color threw me off a bit and Chika's voice is softer than I thought it'd be.

Overall, I like the animated adaptation.:)

naka 2006-03-22 22:07

Quote:

Why does the raw say it's dual audio? Anyone confirm that? Also the aspect ratio should be 16:9 correct? I haven't downloaded anything yet.

the dvd comes with 2 versions of the audio
- default track with the professional all cast composed of popular seiyuu
- same as the default except 3 of the main casts voiced by 3 ~5th graders

the dvd's anamorphous (sp?) where it's 720x480, if you put it in a player such as realplayer/windows media player it'll auto adjust into the correct aspect ratio if the video is encoded properly

.wmv works, not sure about .avi / .mkv tho :confused:

in terms of the first disc, it contains all those 5 chapters anidb says -_-'..kind of like azumanga where a 24-30min span covers several chapters

Srin Tuar 2006-03-22 22:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by naka
in terms of the first disc, it contains all those 5 chapters anidb says -_-'..kind of like azumanga where a 24-30min span covers several chapters

the first disc seems to get through to page 50 or so, and the volume
has a total of ~240, so I guess they could keep going for 3 or for more
OAV's....

stevency 2006-03-24 11:55

Can't stop ROFL and I got hook with it. orz

DaFool 2006-03-24 12:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by naka
the dvd comes with 2 versions of the audio
- default track with the professional all cast composed of popular seiyuu
- same as the default except 3 of the main casts voiced by 3 ~5th graders

The 'real fifth-graders' voices sound like crap :upset: Give me my 30-year-old women anytime :D I noticed they each give a rendition of the OP / ED too!

stevency 2006-03-24 13:41

Quote:

The 'real fifth-graders' voices sound like crap :upset: Give me my 30-year-old women anytime :D I noticed they each give a rendition of the OP / ED too!

I simply not using that track.
Bottomline? Get the baker to bake the cake. Damwitt.:frustrated:

monir 2006-03-24 14:33

Very impressed with the first episode and here I thought 2006 will be an average year in the romance genre. I am a fan of this kind of format of an episode where there are 4-5 unrelated stories are put within an episode. Short.. funny.. and right to the point. Few more screen caps in the following:

Seiryuu 2006-03-24 19:01

Since it's out, does anyone know if a fansubbing group is thinking of taking it on? Don't know where to go for the raw, so I have to wait...