AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru... Railgun [M/LN] (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=133)
-   -   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Character Discussion - Shokuhou "Mental Out" Misaki (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=119602)

Shinhwa 2013-09-19 23:15

I think Kamachi sure has a hard time trying to make sure the current concept matches the stuff he wrote in the past. It's really possible that before he didn't think much of Misaki (since her character wasn't even designed back then), then after he designed her, he needed to make sure things match.

In any case, Kamachi seriously should cover what Touma and Misaki's relationship was in the past. I think Railgun is a good place to cover that plot. Otherwise a special novel.

Xero8420 2013-09-20 04:04

I gotta review this again:
Quote:

Originally Posted by dniv (Post 4836719)
Yeah, she's seems to be the most genuinely head over heels character for Touma, which is saying something! :heh:

Is she in middle school really though? That's the real question at hand :heh:

According to Mikoto, she suspect Misaki don't seems to be a middle-schooler by looking at her body and her 'maturity' (I love her body, by the way :heh: ). She could be at the same age as Touma. However, she could have manipulated the people in Tokiwadai to cover up her actual age.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinhwa (Post 4837903)
Or maybe we should consider that back in Volume 1, Kamachi didn't really consider Touma and Misaki's relationship nor even considered her entire existence towards the series that he just put it that way and after she finally appears, a bit of contradiction is happening.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinhwa (Post 4837960)
I think Kamachi sure has a hard time trying to make sure the current concept matches the stuff he wrote in the past. It's really possible that before he didn't think much of Misaki (since her character wasn't even designed back then), then after he designed her, he needed to make sure things match.

In any case, Kamachi seriously should cover what Touma and Misaki's relationship was in the past. I think Railgun is a good place to cover that plot. Otherwise a special novel.

But I don't think Kamachi made that out in Vol. 1 by accident either. There's still rooms for it since she was mentioned earlier, and that's it, nothing else mentioned further until now.

Besides, if Kamachi thinks the way as you stated, it's already contradicted to his early concept. But, I'm pretty sure that there was a very little details about her before Railgun Daihaisei arc. So, I doubt that Kamachi would thought of contradicting his work, especially for a character with very little detail in the earlier stage.

Shinhwa 2013-09-20 11:37

Well contradictions in character/relationship concept can appear if he didn't really think ahead in the long long future. But they are minor and are ignorable, so not a problem XD

dniv 2013-09-20 11:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero8420 (Post 4838149)
I gotta review this again:

According to Mikoto, she suspect Misaki don't seems to be a middle-schooler by looking at her body and her 'maturity' (I love her body, by the way :heh: ). She could be at the same age as Touma. However, she could have manipulated the people in Tokiwadai to cover up her actual age.

But I don't think Kamachi made that out in Vol. 1 by accident either. There's still rooms for it since she was mentioned earlier, and that's it, nothing else mentioned further until now.

Besides, if Kamachi thinks the way as you stated, it's already contradicted to his early concept. But, I'm pretty sure that there was a very little details about her before Railgun Daihaisei arc. So, I doubt that Kamachi would thought of contradicting his work, especially for a character with very little detail in the earlier stage.

I think she was referenced in 7 LN volumes before NT 7 actually :heh: NT 7 was just her big debut. :heh:

It is quite possible Kamachi planned out everything about her beforehand. But... that would be slightly hard to believe even for him... :heh:

Shinhwa 2013-09-20 12:05

That's acceptable but I seriously don't know if he planned that far ahead when he wrote Volume 1 XD

ACertainStark 2013-09-20 14:32

I don't think he planned the entire story out at Volume 1.

As he naturally thinks of what to write 2-3 books upcoming, not 30.

Shinhwa 2013-09-20 19:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACertainStark (Post 4838665)
I don't think he planned the entire story out at Volume 1.

As he naturally thinks of what to write 2-3 books upcoming, not 30.

Of course not XD

No author thinks ahead 30 volumes or something lol

Xero8420 2013-09-20 20:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinhwa (Post 4838911)
Of course not XD

No authors are super-humans, ya know. They aren't prophet. LOL!

I was wondering... if Misaki really knew that Touma has memory loss, is there a possibility that she pretend she met him the first time and turned a blind eye? Or maybe, she really couldn't accept the fact that he completely forgotten her?

Goldzero 2013-09-20 21:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero8420 (Post 4838971)
No authors are super-humans, ya know. They aren't prophet. LOL!

I was wondering... if Misaki really knew that Touma has memory loss, is there a possibility that she pretend she met him the first time and turned a blind eye? Or maybe, she really couldn't accept the fact that he completely forgotten her?

i think you are over-thinking this by a little too much:heh:.

ACertainStark 2013-09-20 21:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinhwa (Post 4838911)
Of course not XD

I'm assuming that when he was deciding Misaki's debut for Index and how she fit into Touma's life, keywords like "rival" and "tokiwadai' came up. Easy enough to decide how to fit her in.

Shinhwa 2013-09-20 21:35

I think it really is possible she hasn't seen him for quite a long time until Daihaisei arc.

ACertainStark 2013-09-20 21:42

Probably went there separate ways sorta. One left before the other, cue sadness then they finally re-unite.

Xero8420 2013-09-20 21:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACertainStark (Post 4839027)
Probably went there separate ways sorta. One left before the other, cue sadness then they finally re-unite.

Separate ways... A few years before Index, I think. Not sure if I could take DL doujins into account.... Maybe I over-speculating things. :heh:

ACertainStark 2013-09-20 21:56

It seems obvious though. What age did Touma enter AC? Would be easier to guess if we knew Misaki's though. >_>

Xero8420 2013-09-20 22:18

Touma entered AC at a very young age during childhood times. He was a woobie at that time being due to massive bully. So I think he may have met Misaki within the childhood period.

allfictions 2013-09-20 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero8420 (Post 4839061)
Touma entered AC at a very young age during childhood times. He was a woobie at that time being due to massive bully. So I think he may have met Misaki within the childhood period.

Nah, he would at least have photos of them together, unless they had a massive falling out.
Friends at a later age is my theory.

Shinhwa 2013-09-20 22:31

I think DL 77's story can be somewhat realistic. I think it really is possible maybe they knew each other maybe a year beforehand, but who knows.

Considering Misaki's reaction towards Touma, I really think it was a one sided fall out maybe when Touma got pissed at her.

ACertainStark 2013-09-20 22:40

I don't think they had any falling out. It's not in Touma's style to hold a major grudge like that and Misaki doesn't seem the type to do that either.

Shinhwa 2013-09-20 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ACertainStark (Post 4839088)
I don't think they had any falling out. It's not in Touma's style to hold a major grudge like that and Misaki doesn't seem the type to do that either.

Yeah, I don't think so either lol. I meant to say maybe Touma left her for a bit after getting angry at her, but really considering Touma's personality, I would say that's not the case lol.

Come on Kamachi!!! WE NEED MORE MISAKI X TOUMA DX

ACertainStark 2013-09-20 23:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinhwa (Post 4839125)
Yeah, I don't think so either lol. I meant to say maybe Touma left her for a bit after getting angry at her, but really considering Touma's personality, I would say that's not the case lol.

His personality leads me to believe he would rather "fix" that immediately. Whether its a punch or getting biri biri'd on a bridge, he always does it with good intentions, and clearly Misaki sees that in that way.