AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   sola (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=68)
-   -   sola - Speculation & Theories (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=48377)

Pellissier 2007-05-28 19:29

Here you can read why this thread was created.

Thread Guidelines:

Acceptable post topics
Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such. No spoiler tags required.
Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage). Spoiler tags required.

Unacceptable post topics
Any form of spoiler from sola manga.

Please remain on topic and keep the discussion civil.

risa_chan 2007-05-28 19:41

sola - Speculation & Theories

This is such a stupid question, but I feel like I missed something huge here...
Spoiler for Yorito:

Skane 2007-05-28 20:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by madoka.tsuji (Post 967326)
This is such a stupid question, but I feel like I missed something huge here...
Spoiler for Yorito:

The exact timing hasn't been revealed yet.

Cheers.

kct 2007-05-28 20:25

Spoiler for Yorito:

risa_chan 2007-05-29 00:22

Spoiler for Yorito:

NoSanninWa 2007-05-29 00:39

Spoiler for Yorito:

ApathyEcstasy 2007-05-29 10:05

aono is definitely the true heroine..forget about matsuri

<3 aono

risa_chan 2007-05-29 12:08

Spoiler for Yorito:

Deathkillz 2007-05-29 16:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by ApathyEcstasy (Post 968299)
aono is definitely the true heroine..forget about matsuri

<3 aono

*sigh* well i wont say that aono is a heroine of any sort but she is a victim...tragic tragic love story gone wrong type of heroine (and thats if she died ;)) ~ but to some she just some meddling fool in between true love...

i myself is in the first camp :3

octoberasian 2007-05-30 01:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 968775)
*sigh* well i wont say that aono is a heroine of any sort but she is a victim...tragic tragic love story gone wrong type of heroine (and thats if she died ;)) ~ but to some she just some meddling fool in between true love...

i myself is in the first camp :3

Shakespeare would have a field day with this tragic love story.

Now, I'm going to step to the side for a moment here as I'm still siding with a Yorito x Matsuri ending, though at this point it seems unlikely now given the recent episodes.
What-if scenario following...
Spoiler for Length and complete, fanfic theory:
Now, putting that "what-if" scenario into context, then maybe Aono is really the tragic heroine of this story. But, in the end, jealously and obsession with being close to Yorito has consumed her, making her jealous and vengeful over the years. Between Aono and Matsuri, Aono lost so much time, so much more than Matsuri that was so dear to her, that she would do anything to start again, to have one more chance with Yorito.

That I'm thinking is a more probable situation. But, it's a "what-if" situation, so don't take it word-for-word.

Also, has anyone noticed:
Spoiler:

Nemesis2124 2007-05-30 02:23

@Octoberasian

Spoiler:

amoszai 2007-05-30 19:53

Spoiler:

felix 2007-05-31 02:47

Spoiler for Reply:

overthere! 2007-06-03 21:28

When did the show ever hint that Yorito died? He could be the same Yorito with manipulated memories?

felix 2007-06-04 04:44

Since it's Japan I think you might be right.
It's dubious Aono would wait hundreds of years to revive him. So maybe the flash backs are a few months old, at most.

Skyfall 2007-06-04 08:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by overthere! (Post 976766)
When did the show ever hint that Yorito died? He could be the same Yorito with manipulated memories?

Before Aono slit her throat she said: "i don't want to live in a world without Yorito". I think that clearly hints towards Yorito's death.

felix 2007-06-04 08:47

I'm leaning to that as the most probable but what if its something else, wouldn't that be sweet. :D
Basically I'm nit-picking at the fact she never said anything about Yorito dieing.
And also how dead obvious an answer to the issue "Yorito died" is..

There's one thing in the show to support this, and that's yaka-power levels, should it end up Aono revived him, and as a day-walker at that, it would make for quite an extraordinary power level, which is unlikely. Even with the yaka's powers, Matsuri supports this in her brief-discussion with Aono. The only other option being the revelation of some artifact ~ which is conveniently for us Takeshi's knowledge department. Next episode should be intresting.

Skyfall 2007-06-04 09:17

Well, i know one thing - so far Sola has managed to crash and burn my speculations like no other show as far as i can recall (minus Higurashi perhaps :p), so i have decided to just sit and wait :heh: ... besides, i haven't seen ep9 yet :p

Biggest question of the show remains the same: Who (or what) the hell is Yorito :p ... we are bound to get our answers soon, and i expect my reincarnation theory to get shot down again.

Skane 2007-06-04 09:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyfall (Post 977514)
Well, i know one thing - so far Sola has managed to crash and burn my speculations like no other show as far as i can recall (minus Higurashi perhaps :p), so i have decided to just sit and wait :heh: ... besides, i haven't seen ep9 yet :p

Biggest question of the show remains the same: Who (or what) the hell is Yorito :p ... we are bound to get our answers soon, and i expect my reincarnation theory to get shot down again.

The Higurashi-anime was flawed though. Its plot's internal consistency was virtually non-existent and they failed to provide enough clues/foreshadowing to compensate for the "alternative worlds" settings. When a person has to rely on external footnotes from the source material in order to make sense of things, I think something has gone terribly wrong with the anime.

As for the truth of Yorito's nature, I give up. My mortal mind fails to formulate a rational theory for his existence. I just hope that it is not because there were insufficient clues (or worse, non-existent clues), but because I failed to notice them. I will be impressed if it is the latter, while resigned (and a tad disappointed) if it is the former.

I prefer revelations that have been intricately built up from the beginning ("Were you able to get it?" "Oh wow! Brilliant!") instead of "instant-built information" that is dispensed without foreshadowing ("And now you know!" "F*** YOU!"). The former shows class, while the latter is... not fulfilling.

Too much of the latter may also lead to "Deus ex Machina" endings/explanations (amongst other... undesirable tropes), which will horrify me to no end should it happen in sola.

Cheers.

Skyfall 2007-06-04 09:57

Boo ... but i like Higurashi :sad:

As for Yorito ... well, it is not like a bunch of theories can't be cooked up ... the problem is that there is no evidence that would support one theory over another ... wild guesses in other words :p ... which leads me to believe that there simply were not enough clues provided along the way.

If there were, then i must have gone blind. I am usually rather quick at picking up hints and crap, but i am left scratching my head over Sola. And since it seems that every one feels the same way, i fear it is the lack of information. I am willing to praise the authors to the high heavens if they will come up with an explanation that will leave me smacking my forehead while screaming "Thats it! How did i miss that!", but i am not sure what are the chances of that happening.

Either way - Sola remains as one of my two favorites of this season :) (Romeo x Juliet being the second one).

As for a deus-ex machine ending ... saa... they pulled one in Kanon, and people are mostly happy about it, so even those can be done well i suppose :)