AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Past Macross Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=163)
-   -   Super Dimension Fortress Macross discussion thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=37047)

The Avatar 2006-01-09 17:12

Super Dimension Fortress Macross discussion thread

I'm a huge Macross fan and I'd like to buy the new ADV Macross DVDs. Unfortunately I'm strapped for cash right now. I'd like to know if ADV will release a thinpak set of Macross once all the DVDs are out? It would save me a ton of money to buy the thinpak rather than the individual DVDs.

Romuska 2006-10-08 05:03

Super Dimensional Fortress Macross discussion thread

I've been collecting the recent ADV version of the series. This is my first time ever seeing Macross. I never got into Robotech but Macross Plus is one of my favorite series ever. Is anyone else collecting this series?

Forbin 2006-10-09 11:39

Well next time I hope you remember how to spell it right because

Dimensional (Can travel between dimensions via Hyper Fold)

Dementional (A Bunch of people who are completely nuts and cannot tell reality from Fantasy - Like Don Quiotte - However you spell his name).

Area88 2006-12-08 09:06

Macross 9 DVD Box Set - $39.99

MACROSS - The Complete Remastered Series DVD Set

Macross Box Set - Only $39.99 while Stocks Last

Animeigo Macross Box Set (Left)

+ Superior Cover Art
+ Superior Price at Only $39.99
+ Remastered Sound
+ Perfect Subtitles with Perfect Extras

ADV Macross Box Set (Right)

+ English Dub
+ Same Perfect Subtitles & Extras

- Inferior Cover Art
- Inferior Unremastered Sound Quality
- Expensive Price at around $200

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...rossBoxSet.jpg http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a1...acrossADV2.jpg

Village Idiot 2006-12-08 10:56

Holy hell thanks for the heads up. Always wanted to get the Macross Box Set but it was so damn expensive.

Edit: OMFG $33 Shipping/Handling?

Area88 2006-12-08 11:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Village Idiot (Post 762821)
Edit: OMFG $33 Shipping/Handling?

It's $9 shipping if your in the US. But more expensive if your overseas.

Still if your overseas then $39.99 + $33 shipping is still a bargain and defintly the cheapest you will get Macross for.

JubeiYamazaki 2006-12-10 07:09

Thanks for the tip, I ordered it, been looking for Animeigo verison everywhere. But I could never find the full collection. You made me one happy shopper.

Area88 2006-12-11 13:19

No problem, i'm glad this thread helped someone.

Enjoy Macross!

mycen 2006-12-13 16:36

Many Thanks for the tip!! I will be ordering one of these... Macross was the anime series that got me into anime.

Potatochobit 2006-12-13 19:42

this does not include the movie right?

Area88 2006-12-15 04:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by Potatochobit (Post 768357)
this does not include the movie right?

Correct, none of the Macross movies have been licensed for release yet.

Onizuka-GTO 2008-04-04 13:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Avatar (Post 440016)
I'm a huge Macross fan and I'd like to buy the new ADV Macross DVDs. Unfortunately I'm strapped for cash right now. I'd like to know if ADV will release a thinpak set of Macross once all the DVDs are out? It would save me a ton of money to buy the thinpak rather than the individual DVDs.

they brought another version out? what does it look like? any new features?

i got the one where it comes in three box sets, with five to four DVD's each.

retouched & remastered, on each disc would be some extra artwork, perhaps a some triva information.
don't think they included any extra animation/sound clips or interviews. but i can't remember, been at leaased 9 months since i saw it. (my copy isn't with me right now. lent it out to my cousin)

they have the same colour theme on the box as the original TV show palette. i.e. black, green and red lines.

4Tran 2008-04-04 20:02

Other than what's already been noted in this thread, the new ADV DVDs have more English-language extras in the form of commentary and interviews. While that may not normally interest sub-only viewers, Iijima Mari herself played Minmei on the English track, and she was quite involved in the new extras.

DonQuigleone 2008-04-06 18:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by Forbin (Post 701312)
Dementional (A Bunch of people who are completely nuts and cannot tell reality from Fantasy - Like Don Quiotte - However you spell his name).

That's Quijote(in modern spanish) or Quixote (in english, it seems to be shifting to the spanish spelling though), the J/x should be pronounced as a h

Also how good is the digital remastering?

4Tran 2008-04-07 00:47

The remastering makes a pretty big difference. SDF Macross is still nowhere nearly as beautiful as the remastered Do You Remember Love, but the colors are much crisper and the lines cleaner than the older video. Samples from the Robotech.com website:

DonQuigleone 2008-04-07 04:44

That is pretty good, you're no longer watching through rose coloured glasses anymore!

Wesley84 2008-05-11 08:58

Did more men or women survive the destruction of earth?

4Tran 2008-05-11 10:37

There shouldn't be any major differences between the proportions of men and women who survived given that they were scattered all over the world. Of the Zentradi seen in SDF Macross, there were probably more male survivors.

Wesley84 2008-05-11 10:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by 4Tran (Post 1586808)
There shouldn't be any major differences between the proportions of men and women who survived given that they were scattered all over the world. Of the Zentradi seen in SDF Macross, there were probably more male survivors.

I meant humans.

4Tran 2008-05-11 18:32

My first sentence referred to the humans. In a normal demographic distribution, there won't be all that much difference between the numbers of male and female survivors.