AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Shana (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=75)
-   -   Shakugan no SHANA II - general discussion thread (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=45041)

NeoSam 2007-04-01 01:32

Shakugan no SHANA II - general discussion thread

灼眼のシャナ II
Shakugan no SHANA II

Official anime site:
http://www.shakugan.com/

A second season based on this shounen light novel :)

Broadcast: Fall 2007

Genre: Shounen, Fantasy, Romance

iwubanime 2007-04-01 01:34

OMG... you've gotta be kidding me!

did they say anything about what the plot could be???

this is good news! :) :) :)

holyman282 2007-04-01 01:36

I'm jumping in my skin to know there is a shana second season coming out and really really hope it's not a april fool's joke..

Kinny Riddle 2007-04-01 01:39

Considering it's announced on today of all days (April 1st), I'm going to have to wait and see. But to use the classic cliche, I'm "cautiously optimistic".

iwubanime 2007-04-01 01:40

oh yeah... if this is in the fall, isn't that when Zero's Familiar will be airing?

that'll be interesting :D

NeoSam 2007-04-01 02:02

I'll be adding all the released volumes of the shounen light novel Shakugan no SHANA to the first post of this thread soon.

This news got me so excited, I already have woken up two of my friends to tell them this :heh:

Darco_emp 2007-04-01 02:22

Its is a good time for another season of Shana, and there seems to be other sources supports this is real. so i'm hoping for the best

Kensuke 2007-04-01 02:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by iwubanime (Post 884332)
oh yeah... if this is in the fall, isn't that when Zero's Familiar will be airing?

Zero will air in July, no date yet.

Like everyone else, I'm hoping that this isn't joke.

Good thing that it will air in Fall, all R1 DVD's are release by then. 2007 is now an official Rie Kugimiya year. ;)

Kaioshin Sama 2007-04-01 03:27

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGH!!!! :D This calls for a celebration. And here I thought they were just doing some recap movie. If it is an April Fool's joke than I don't think its funny. Regardless a lot of people would be so pissed off they might have to actually do a second season to avoid civil unrest. Last thing I remember from Season 1 was Shana was naked again. Spent half the series naked or in bandages if I recall.

NeoSam 2007-04-01 03:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama (Post 884456)
YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGGGH!!!! :D This calls for a celebration. And here I thought they were just doing some recap movie. If it is an April Fool's joke than I don't think its funny. Regardless a lot of people would be so pissed off they might have to actually do a second season to avoid civil unrest.

There is a recap movie:
http://www.shakugan.com/movie/

But I don't care about this movie, I want a second season >.<

techiet 2007-04-01 12:11

http://ascii.jp/elem/000/000/026/26373/

Official announcement. Yay~

Guido 2007-04-01 12:22

I know the Shana anime was adapted from the novels, I think so.

So, from which volume of the novel do you think season two will start?

Sushi-Y 2007-04-01 14:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by techiet (Post 884904)
http://ascii.jp/elem/000/000/026/26373/

Official announcement. Yay~

Lol at Takahashi-san's outfit. Is it really that embarassing? :heh:

And Itou Noizi-san's photo that nobody touches on.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Guido (Post 884929)
I know the Shana anime was adapted from the novels, I think so.

So, from which volume of the novel do you think season two will start?

Probably around vol.7

cyth 2007-04-01 14:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi-Y (Post 885072)

Pretty much. I saw previous photographs of him wearing the same outfit. So, this is the price authors of popular titles have to pay in Japan? Or is everything just in their heads? :heh:

Kaioshin Sama 2007-04-01 14:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi-Y (Post 885072)

And Itou Noizi-san's photo that nobody touches on.

Probably around vol.7

He looks like a communist. You know the hat Mao Tse-Tung wore.

Well I hope they get everything in order. I want to see what happens with Hecate, she didn't seem all that villanious like the rest of the Bal Masque, and Mamiko Noto's voice her during the Yuuji semi-raping scene still haunts me to this day. Then just when we may have found out more about her character and that she may be more than a void, the series up and ended with her being rescued by Sydonay.

NoSanninWa 2007-04-02 02:43

April wise, not foolish.

Since it is April 2, it is now safe to say that this is not an April Fool's joke!

The anime announcement is still on the official site and many reliable Japanese sites are also mentioning the new season.

You may now rejoice. Just try to say something interesting, not just a mere "Yay" if you want to rejoice in the thread. I am quite happy indeed. Quite happy. My only concern is how they will re-adapt the book considering how the show has veered from the source material. What with the removal of the scene in the novel where Yuuji absorbs some of Sydonay's power and the anime's addition of an entire story arc of notable importance at the end of the first season, I wonder how things will be handled.

Mirrinus 2007-04-02 02:48

I don't think it will be too much of a problem to get the show back on track. Shakugan no Shana strikes me as a show where each story arc is pretty self-contained, and it's not like important characters got killed off at the end of the first season or something. That first ending felt really open-ended to me. I see no problem there, just start with a fresh arc or something.

Anyway, that's some good news. This will be a fun year for Rie Kugimiya fans, no?

Darco_emp 2007-04-02 04:11

I guess it can start at end of where the proper arc left off which is Chapter 2 of Vol 9 I think. Hack where it starts at or even some filler is not important, rejoice on more Shana

Shiroth 2007-04-02 06:53

The announcement is still on the official site, so yay its true. It makes good sense with so much more to come from the Novel --- though i hate them for releasing the news on April 1st. :3

chaos_alfa 2007-04-02 07:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin_Sama (Post 885142)
He looks like a communist. You know the hat Mao Tse-Tung wore.

Well I hope they get everything in order. I want to see what happens with Hecate, she didn't seem all that villanious like the rest of the Bal Masque, and Mamiko Noto's voice her during the Yuuji semi-raping scene still haunts me to this day. Then just when we may have found out more about her character and that she may be more than a void, the series up and ended with her being rescued by Sydonay.

I don't remmber that scene what happend exectly?