AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Arachnid (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=95147)

Tom Bombadil 2010-07-05 12:27

Arachnid

http://forums.animesuki.com/picture....ictureid=33409

AnimeNewNetWorK Link

BakaUpdate Link

What to look for: action, strong female lead, unique fighting style.

Arachnid tells the story of Fujii Alice, an orphan girl who is isolated and often bullied at school because of her weirdness. But it turned out that Alice's weirdness is actually her biggest assets in combat. After an encounter with an assassin called "Spider" from a certain organization, she now struggles to face both assassins from the organization and the harsh life itself as a teenage living on her own.

Currently, there are 7 chapters out. The setup seemes to be genric, but what make the difference is the female lead, as she displayed a whole spectrum of emotions and characters as the story proceeds. The fighting style is pretty unique, and the fan service is delicious. At the moment it is still on a enemy of the month run, But I guess it is necessary for any fighting manga. I expect the story to pick up its momentum and develop to something larger in a few more chapters.

By the way, no trashing romance so far is a plus in my book.

Kunagisa 2010-07-06 13:14

This series suffer from the lack of scanlation, though the quality of art and story is probably on par with most current shounens out there. I really liked the development back in Chapter 5(?) because I haven't seen that setup used for character development in a while. The mantis guy that showed up in 6 (or maybe 7) was pretty cool, though Alice's powerlevel is getting pretty hack level. The philosophy regarding namesake's also nice too.

I can see critics bash this for lack of originality though, though the fights are done really well considering there are no huge nuclear nukes or magic fireballs to hype up the mood-graceful, bloody, and psychotic would how I describe the couple we have seen so far. Depending on how the story goes this can be pretty epic or end up sucking, though I am pretty enjoying this so far.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-02-25 22:58

Somehow Alice's fighting style reminds me of Alice Margatroid...

GundamZZ 2012-02-26 01:09

Not at all.
Alice Margatroid uses remote control dolls.
Alice uses thread to detect and trap her preys. This style is more like the battle librarian. Besides, the show is about assassins with their fighting styles modeled after different insects. So, some people would name the manga as "Discovery Channel's Animal Planet".

Cosmic Eagle 2012-02-26 08:33

Anyway, homo Bruce Lee otaku is a damned weird psycho....don't tell me he's the boss...

MrTerrorist 2012-02-26 09:37

Unlikely, the boss has to be at least the same age or little older as Alice.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-03-18 22:16

vol 5 get

turns out boss is...

Spoiler:

Or so she says...

Also finally, a kabuto appears...wondered how long that would take...

Kokukirin 2012-03-19 02:07

Oh this.

I think the first couple chapters were the best. The rest are still good, but the story looks a bit random when they start fighting all around the school. And like everyone mentioned, the strong female main has a very unique fighting style.

Shadow5YA 2012-03-19 02:10

I think the bug powers are getting a bit out of hand.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-03-19 02:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kokukirin (Post 4059932)
Oh this.

I think the first couple chapters were the best. The rest are still good, but the story looks a bit random when they start fighting all around the school. And like everyone mentioned, the strong female main has a very unique fighting style.

Nah apart from the two Kahen Rider nutjobs the rest of the story and cast are actually pretty neat...

Shadow5YA 2012-03-19 03:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4059971)
Nah apart from the two Kahen Rider nutjobs the rest of the story and cast are actually pretty neat...

I dunno, I think the cockroach girl is pretty creepy too...

AlaAlba 2012-03-19 04:11

it's kinda random indeed for me, I liked the first few chapters though. After that..., hmm I don't know how to react with this author eager pushing of insects and all of their oh so great power and abilities.

I keep reading it though, just for fun.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-03-19 05:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by AlaAlba (Post 4060058)
it's kinda random indeed for me, I liked the first few chapters though. After that..., hmm I don't know how to react with this author eager pushing of insects and all of their oh so great power and abilities.

I keep reading it though, just for fun.

Yeah, this is those type of story.

zeniselv 2012-03-19 13:29

i dont consider the series bad, i just feel deceived, i mean, up until alice killed the previous spider, the series had a more realistic atmosphere, but after the other insects appeared, it feels like another series already, the thing got too supernatural kinda out of the blue, in the end its really one of the most fun mangas im reading at the moment, but i still fill akward the contrast of the series untill and before the insect were introduced.

SonOfHeaven 2012-05-02 20:03

Started reading this manga the other day. I'm interested in this one. I like Alice as a character as well. Quite different from your typical MC. Also don't mind these insect powers. Will keep my eye out on every chapter.

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2012-05-02 20:08

So the boss is, and correct me if I'm wrong
Spoiler for boss:
or is it someone else? If so, can I have a pick? I'm stuck at the chapter where Alice is fighting the kamen rider assassin-v-.

vansonbee 2012-05-02 20:28

What boss? The boss might be that king ping like guy who order Alice master to kill her OR that person has not been revealed yet.

Seem Alice is massing up a harem of assassin's.

Cosmic Eagle 2012-05-02 21:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by MAX_COLA_POWER! (Post 4142314)
So the boss is, and correct me if I'm wrong
Spoiler for boss:
or is it someone else? If so, can I have a pick? I'm stuck at the chapter where Alice is fighting the kamen rider assassin-v-.

Err no....the boss is the student council prez. The eyepatch girl.

MAX_COLA_POWER! 2012-05-03 00:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle (Post 4142395)
Err no....the boss is the student council prez. The eyepatch girl.

Chapter just came out and confirmed it. Thanks for the info though.

zeniselv 2012-05-03 00:59

how many chapters is the translation behind the releases?