AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Can anyone give mi some cosply ideas?? PLz><~ (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=18225)

Lavender 2004-08-02 23:53

Can anyone give mi some cosply ideas?? PLz><~

There is gonna be a convention at Vancouver in August, Anime Evolution. I'm going there to work (yes, to work. I work for Sakura Media for those of you who know our store^^). I'm planning to wear cosply when I work, this is my first time goin to a convention, and my first time trying to cosply. So can anyone give mi any ideas? Plz I'm realli looking forward to going there, eventhough it's going there to work~

Some info about myself to maybe help ppl to think of possible characters I can cosply:
Gender: I'm a girl..^^..~~~and want to cosply as a female character as well
Long, Blackish, redish, perpulish hair^^"
height: 158cm (><")
weight: hmmm...let's just say i'm not fat, a lil, just a lil chubby though haha^^"
I like kawaii characters, but welcome all suggestions^^
And since this is my first time, I probably cant do anything too complicated

I might post a pic of my self later....but for now.........so can anyone give mi any ideas onegaidesu :help:

Lexander 2004-08-02 23:56

Can't really think of anything ... but in case you want to do the box from metal gear solid you should prolly know someone already did it :/. Just a heads up.

bunnykun 2004-08-03 00:26

why not give midori no hibi a try, dress up as Midori and have seji as ur right hand, i havent seen much ppl do this, and i think it itll be a cool idea.

anyways why not post ur weight, what the big deal with girls and weight.

btw. post pic post pic.

Oneesama 2004-08-03 00:44

i will go see you, Lavender ^__^

but tell me one thing.. where is it? and when? seriously.. i didn't know there was one coming....

EDIT: nvm.. i know which one.. :D the one on SFU ^__^

Guts 2004-08-03 00:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lavender
I like kawaii characters, but welcome all suggestions^^
And since this is my first time, I probably cant do anything too complicated

Go nude, but be sure to shave. Thats the least complicated you can get.

Muir Woods 2004-08-03 00:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oneesama
i will go see you, Lavender ^__^

but tell me one thing.. where is it? and when? seriously.. i didn't know there was one coming....

Same here, I didn't know there was an anime convention coming up here. Some minor googling gave me Anime Evolution's Site. Hmm...takes place in Burnaby at SFU, an hour drive from where I am. I might go there.

Some ideas to who you should dress up as...If you're a bold and strong girl, dress as up as Rin Sawamura in "Midori no Hibi" instead. If you do, I'd go there for sure just to see you :heh: . Da Capo girls are nice too (Nemu, Sakura, Miharu, Kotori...etc...all very cute). Uh...which characters do I want to see cosplayed...Mahoro, Lain, Ciel, and Midori as above said are all good choices.

Secca 2004-08-03 01:03

How long does it take to make the costume btw?

Lord Raiden 2004-08-03 02:24

Well, depends on how skilled you are and how complex the costume is as well as how much cash you have and freetime to work on it. I've been working on an Itachi cosplay since about....oh, just before halloween of last year and I'm now about 4 items and 9 steps short of being done. (was like 1 step short, but ran into a problem and had to backtrack) I expect to be done with mine around Halloween of this year. I'm probubly an exception as others have done costumes in 3 days. After that I'm doing a scrapped princess cosplay, or at least I'm going to TRY to do it again. Got foiled the first time and had to drop it before I started. :(

phoenixfire92983 2004-08-03 02:35

Here's a easy costume if you have bangs. You could be Motoko from Love Hina. If you don't have a lot of time, you could probably rent a kimono at a costume shop for not too much. Oh yeah, and also get a wooden sword or something similar :)

Melty Snow 2004-08-03 03:07

Cheko, from Pugyuru. No idea on how that would work, I just like weird and obscure cosplay:).

Virus 2004-08-03 03:41

How about young 16-year old Bulma from Dragonball?
You can wear her clothing with a red ribbon, or you could wear the Playboy suit she wore :heh: .

Or Mahoromatic, all you need is a maid costume.

Sun_Tze 2004-08-03 06:39

Random Kimono Girl (Yes, a friend of mine dressed like this, and tada! 5th place :heh: )

Lord Raiden 2004-08-03 08:09

Hey, better yet. Ramen girl from Naruto! :D

Oneesama 2004-08-04 02:27

:D you can dress up as one of teh bottle fairies ^__^

btw~ if you are sure of what to cosplay, can you tell us? so we can go look for ya ^_^;;

Virus 2004-08-04 05:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lord Raiden
Hey, better yet. Ramen girl from Naruto! :D

No one can be Ramen girl silly. She is one of a kind. :nono:

HoboGod 2004-08-04 07:05

you could always go as a catgirl. :D

Lavender 2004-08-04 22:01

Thank you everyone 4 ur suggestions ^^~~
I'm thinking Mahoro is good, cuz that's a maid custome, and i'm there to work so it kindda fits. But like i said this is my first time cosplying and looking at the Mahoro custome i dun even know where to start @@".....I hope I can do something in this short time...if not then ><"".........

junko 2004-08-04 22:27

Hmm, if you really want to go as a maid, you might try Mariel from Hanaukyo Maid Tai. It doesn't look too complicated. You could get a cheap blonde wig from a party store and dye it purple.