AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Umineko (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=93)
-   -   [Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Ep. 8 Twilight of the golden witch (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=100169)

Klashikari 2010-12-31 18:37

[Game] Umineko no Naku Koro ni Chiru - Ep. 8 Twilight of the golden witch

Release date: 31st December 2010 (Comiket 79)

http://d.imagehost.org/0454/ep8.jpg

At last, the final Episode of Umineko no Naku Koro ni has been released.
This thread will serve as a place to discuss with everything related to this specific Episode, and the ending of the franchise.
As such, I strongly suggest you not to proceed if you do not want to be spoiled.

Also, due to the fact this will be the last episode of the franchise with no further information later on, the spoiler thread loses its meaning from this very basis.

Features:
-11 new tracks

TsundereCake 2010-12-31 19:00

Don't mind me (or, please do), just requesting some translations....

Terras 2010-12-31 19:15

So uh...

Spoiler for EP8:

witchfan 2010-12-31 19:17

Unless anyone here has actually finished the game, I wouldn't trust the spoilers I read on /jp/ or 2ch. Even disregarding that there's a fair chance they're complete fabrications (Lambdadelta is a cake by the way), at the very least they're completely taken out of context.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikachiru (Post 3416818)
Shkanon confirm? I heard it was, but I wanna double check.

If you believe the screens, all we have is an ambiguous screen from Lambdadelta saying (not in red) that Kanon will die when Shannon does. So while Shkanon is implied, we don't know which.

Klashikari 2010-12-31 19:20

I will put emphasis on it again, but please stick to this thread purpose, as in: -discussion- regarding the said Episode (similar to before: opinions, possibly summary etc).
Pointing out elements that aren't understood/taken out of context aren't really a good idea (as already experimented with previous episodes).

And let's not turn this thread into a "can you translate this", otherwise it will be atrocious.

Judoh 2010-12-31 19:21

Quote:

Originally Posted by witchfan (Post 3416825)
If you believe the screens, all we have is an ambiguous screen from Lambdadelta saying (not in red) that Kanon will die when Shannon does. So while Shkanon is implied, we don't know which.

That was Bern who said that actually. And yeah it stops just short of confirming it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Klashikari (Post 3416829)
I will put emphasis on it again, but please stick to this thread purpose, as in: -discussion- regarding the said Episode (similar to before: opinions, possibly summary etc).
Pointing out elements that aren't understood/taken out of context aren't really a good idea (as already experimented with previous episodes).

And let's not turn this thread into a "can you translate this", otherwise it will be atrocious.

Klash if you make me a mod I'll show those previous episode discussers whose boss. I'm here a lot and I have a high post count. So I can do that.

Kirroha 2010-12-31 19:43

So do we get any answers in this episode?

zorahk 2010-12-31 21:21

Are there any videos of the OP yet?

Judoh 2010-12-31 21:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by zorahk (Post 3417008)
Are there any videos of the OP yet?

EP7 Op is the last one.

MeoTwister5 2010-12-31 22:13

So I'm gonna start playing and translating shortly today. Just like my previous attempts on Ep5-8:

1. Combination personal skills, 2 dictionaries and machine translator (30-40-30). It's going to be rough as usual so it's not going to be literal.
2. These will be summaries as usual, not line by line translations. Subject to my own interpretations based on my translations, but as minimal as I possibly can.
3. In case someone asks me again, NO, this is not meant to be a replacement for the work Witch Hunt does. At the end of the day they will always do better work than me, so for the full experience, you're going to want their translation work.
4. Unlike the halfass job I did for Ep7 that I didn't finish due to to school, I'm going to finish this all the way to the choices. I promise.

Summaries begin later today. I am told this game is harder grammatically than previous games. Wish me luck!

Before anything: Chibi Ange Confirmed! I took the following screen myself.

Also apparently the is made such that it sort of combines all important details with the details of previous games. From my understanding, the mystery can be almost solved based on the details provided in Ep8 alone. I'm making a logic map right now when it's time to solve which I won't post due to heavy spoilers. If anyone wants a copy of the logic map, PM me when I finalize it.

MeoTwister5 2010-12-31 23:03

Episode 8: Twilight of the Golden Witch

First summary. Takes the entirety of the introductory sequence up to the intro movie.

Spoiler for Summaries:

Short intro yes. Chibi Ange YES. From this point on it seems the episode plays out like previous games, only now we can finally know the truth.

Good god I'm so fucking psyched for this! Say goodbye 5h long exam grades!:heh:

TsundereCake 2010-12-31 23:03

From a kind anon on /jp/

***THIS IS FROM THE END OF EPISODE 8*** and waterworks may ensue.

Spoiler for last warning:

Kataryn 2010-12-31 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 3417065)

Before anything: Chibi Ange Confirmed! I took the following screen myself.

I don't get it. How can a 6 year old have boobs? They're bigger then Maria's!

LyricalAura 2010-12-31 23:24

I'd just like to say that EP8 Kinzo is the best Kinzo.

Mikachiru 2010-12-31 23:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by TsundereCake (Post 3417116)
Snip

Yah, Battler's lost it! Or maybe he was always insane... XD

Marina2 2011-01-01 02:36

To save everyone time, and to help people who can't read Japanese, this is the answers to those choices questions.

From what I see, the questions' order won't change and the correct choices will alway be the same.

Spoiler for Answers:

Tip: If you can't read Japanese, you can know that your answer is correct by looking at Ange's face expression. Also, you will get 1 coin if the answer is right.

P.S. I also can't read Japanese. I have used a lot of guess power especially those 5 choices question - -''

MeoTwister5 2011-01-01 02:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marina2 (Post 3417260)
To save everyone time, and to help people who can't read Japanese, this is the answers to those choices questions.

Spoiler for Answers:

From what I see, the questions' order won't change and the correct choices will alway be the same.

Do you automatically get a bad ending if you make a wrong choice?

Renall 2011-01-01 03:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marina2 (Post 3417260)
To save everyone time, and to help people who can't read Japanese, this is the answers to those choices questions. (You can konw that your answer is correct by looking at Ange's face expression and you will get 1 coin if the answer is right.

Spoiler for Answers:

P.S. I also can't read Japanese. It requires a lot of guess power especially those 5 choices question - -''

There shouldn't be any others. Only 15 questions are in the files. It doesn't look like they're randomized in any way, so they just appear at pretedermined points in the story and are always the same.

Arachanox 2011-01-01 03:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeoTwister5 (Post 3417281)
Do you automatically get a bad ending if you make a wrong choice?

Just played through it all. From what I can tell, and my views are somewhat subjective because I can't read Japanese, this:

Spoiler:

edit: Also, anyone can feel free to ask me a few questions (as long as they don't involve too much detail - I caught the gist of the episode but not much more). I'll try to verify/debunk any rumors you might have heard.

AuraTwilight 2011-01-01 03:10

The coins are for unlocking Music Box tracks, I think.