AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Boku wa Tomodachi... (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=115)
-   -   Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episodes 1-4 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=107980)

CrowKenobi 2011-10-31 00:43

Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai - Episodes 1-4 Discussion

Welcome to the discussion thread for Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, Episodes 1-4.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...al/spoiler.gifJust highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    http://forums.animesuki.com/images/a...ons/report.gifClick the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Patriot's Blade 2011-11-01 07:06

so who's the mechanical designer that made the mechas in ep 4?

Sinestra 2011-11-01 07:33

Best thing to happen so far today YAY oh happiness

Rethice 2011-11-02 08:03

Just watched episode 4. I'd say it was a step lower in quality than the previous episodes, unfortunately. I'm not interested in any of the new additions to the cast, except maybe the scientist girl - the Mecha scene had me chuckling. Just typical my roommate would walk past the lounge room I was watching it in just as she was narrating it...

I want to see more of Sena and Yozora, so I'm kind of glad they introduced all of the new additions at the same time to get it out of the way, maybe now they'll go back to focusing on those two with the others as just background noise. Though I would prefer it without the background noise in the first place.

I'm curious about Yukimura. I presumed it was a girl, even after hearing her story - just one that wants to fulfill her parent's desire to have a son, but is it really a trap? I don't know. I'm going to go ahead and continue believing it's a girl.

So this episode was a bad sign of things to come - but I was dreading the introduction of the other girls from the OP already, and I'd say it was less painful than I was expecting. I'm dubious about the coming episodes tough. Fingers crossed.

<3 Sena.

Flower 2011-11-02 17:33

Hmm ... after watching ep 4 I have to agree with the general assessment of rethice ... *sigh*

Oh well. Maybe I will watch it in full when the series finishes airing. :)

Shimapan 2011-11-02 19:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rethice (Post 3837720)
I'm curious about Yukimura. I presumed it was a girl, even after hearing her story - just one that wants to fulfill her parent's desire to have a son, but is it really a trap? I don't know. I'm going to go ahead and continue believing it's a girl.

Yes, Yukimura is the Hideyoshi of BokuTomo :D

As was said when he/she/it joined the club, he wants to become more "manly" under Kodaka's lead - he apparently regards Kodaka with his Yankee thug image as very manly... but that's just him.

Yozora of course started trolling again and put him in a maid outfit, saying that a manly man will even show his manliness in a cute female dress, and naive Yukimura fell for it XD

zeniselv 2011-11-03 00:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shimapan (Post 3838612)
Yozora of course started trolling again and put him in a maid outfit, saying that a manly man will even show his manliness in a cute female dress, and naive Yukimura fell for it XD

thats what we call trollscience :D

Subaru-sama 2011-11-03 15:51

Yukimura is like Hideyoshi in Baka to Test to Shoukanjuu.
Both are androgynous, and the author of the anime will try to explore their feminine side.

Sorry. My English is not too good for conversation.

.:Jason:. 2011-11-14 00:33

Finally, Funimation put up more subs. Episode three was okay and can I just say that I adore Kodaka's sister? She's eally cute/amusing.

As for episode four, eh. Love Maria and to an extent Yukimara. Don't really like Rika though so the parts focusig on her kind of aoyyed me but the others made up for it, I think.

NoemiChan 2011-11-14 06:13

Of all the girls( w/ the trap too?!), I find the "vampire sister" amusing! She goes around doing that pose then exposing her red eye (argh!), with the anime lines (ah!). KAWAII!!!!

Yui Is My Wife 2011-11-28 03:07

Who wants to see the "Tokimeki Memorial" Parody in Episode 2 Made into an actual game?

I wanna take Yukiko-chan home with me too, Sena!! :) Even if she IS a Nagato copy!! :)

bakAnki 2011-11-28 05:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yui Is My Wife (Post 3876889)
Who wants to see the "Tokimeki Memorial" Parody in Episode 2 Made into an actual game?

It is going to be released as an actual game :D
But it's an exclusive bonus game included if you buy the special Zannen Box of Haganai Portable :heh:

Hassou Tobi 2011-12-11 12:39

Did anyone else notice that the character designs in the Tokimeki Memorial parody seem to have been done by the HaGaNai manga's artist? The art style is extremely similar.

Yui Is My Wife 2011-12-11 23:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hassou Tobi (Post 3897815)
Did anyone else notice that the character designs in the Tokimeki Memorial parody seem to have been done by the HaGaNai manga's artist? The art style is extremely similar.

Just ordered the special edition!!

And the best thing even though the "running commentary" with the aruging duo of the neighbours club CAN be present throughout the game, you have the option of turning it OFF so you can play Kirameki School Life as a straight romantic game without hearing hearing and seeing Yozora's ugly voice and face!! Yahoo!! :)

Flawfinder 2011-12-13 00:56

No, the running commentary is the funniest part! It's like watching MST3K without Joel and the robots.

Iron Maw 2011-12-13 02:44

This is really weird, even though I enjoyed reading the manga, the first couples episode have been dry for me. Maybe it's because I have read the source material already, but that still doesn't account for art being really meh and the lackluster pacing. As of now Rika is probably the biggest draw for me. I will keep watching a bit more in hopes of some improvement.

The OP and ED are also pretty terrible.

xDisturbedjeans 2011-12-14 20:33

I know its a little late poting this, but if your interested i made a video on my first impression of the series:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtDeg...layer_embedded

honestly though i kinda get the haruhi suzimiya feeling of this series and it is likeable.