AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=87)
-   -   To Aru Kagaku no Railgun - Episode 24 Discussion / Poll [FINAL] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=92242)

JaLooNz 2010-03-19 18:47

I got scared of the "its for the kids" lines... It has been repeated so many times and feels so weird.

tsunade666 2010-03-19 18:52

well that's their reason to begin with.

Kyosuke_Nanbu 2010-03-19 18:52

Maybe Heaven Canceller has something to do with that.Alister rarely move in his Tank but he is still in top condition because of the Tank was created by Dr.Gekota.

Actually,in real life, Nurses do exercise for the patients that have lost consciousness for a long time.

I doubt that Telestina was dead.Misaki clearly isn't the type that handle murder easily and up until Sister Arc she is still very kindhearted.

Joe_fh 2010-03-19 19:32

The last episode already? I need to catch up with Railgun since I'm a few episodes behind.

Either way it was enjoyable for the most part or at least what I've seen so far even though it was pretty clear where thing were going and the plot was really straightforward for the most part. I didn't really like how they focused a lot on fanservice but that's probably just me and after all that is a sure way to make an anime really popular especially with enjoyable characters like the cast in Railgun.
Still I need to watch the last few episodes to get a beter picture since animes tend to have very strong episodes near the end but I don't see them moving that much from what was already shown.

MeisterBabylon 2010-03-19 20:09

I wonder how many ppl were left shaking their heads that Railgun degenerated into a ESPer vs mecha anime ala Kiddy Girl-and... :heh:

Not that I mind the mecha. :uhoh:

babohtea 2010-03-19 20:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by SoldierOfDarkness (Post 2964355)
I found it awkward

Spoiler:

It happens in Disney all the time. hahahaha

Anyhow, don't think too much of it. The small unrealistic detail doesn't really take away from the credibility (well, as credible as a show about ESP can get) of the show, and it adds to the CELEBRATION OF IT ALL! You can knit-pick even the greatest books of all time; I know this sounds dumb because I'm stereotyping Shakespeare as "smart literature", but even Shakespeare had unrealistic details in his plays.

About the ending: JCStaff is definitely leaving the option of a second season open; there wasn't enough closure or character development to really be a satisfying end to a series. Fine for a season finale, but not satisfying enough for an ending. I don't know how they're going to do this without Index though; they kind of need to shaft Index's storyline in order to make the girls at Academy City ever mean anything in the grand scheme of things.

germanturkey 2010-03-19 20:56

what an episode. we get two opening inserts in one ep! i think the whole point of the ep was to show that level 6 would have been completely crazy, since a level 5 already is so powerful. like i'm pretty confident Misaka never really used all of her power. like Telestina said her railgun was based of Misaka data, but Misaka still overpowered her, meaning Misaka's power limit hadn't been observed yet.

but it beckons the question, why not get the other 4 or 5 level 5s and just end her even faster?

its a shame the series ended. it was by far a highlight of the past few years.

MeisterBabylon 2010-03-19 20:58

I think Railgun 2 might be a 12 episode romp on the dark side, like DtB2 was. Dark and awesome. The kind that gives you nightmares you want to have at least once in your life.

Boduar 2010-03-19 21:44

Lol first thing I thought when I saw Telestinas purple suit was LOL its Cornelia's Knightmare frame. Then the lance opened into a pewpew machine and the image was broken.

Good episode, good series.

Jay911 2010-03-19 22:01

I voted 10 because your scale doesn't go up to OMFG.

Hedd 2010-03-19 22:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by germanturkey (Post 2964513)
what an episode. we get two opening inserts in one ep! i think the whole point of the ep was to show that level 6 would have been completely crazy, since a level 5 already is so powerful. like i'm pretty confident Misaka never really used all of her power. like Telestina said her railgun was based of Misaka data, but Misaka still overpowered her, meaning Misaka's power limit hadn't been observed yet.

but it beckons the question, why not get the other 4 or 5 level 5s and just end her even faster?

Data is just hard numbers and doesn't take humanity into account. If the ESP abilities are powered by personal reality, they are easily influenced by emotion. Tech doesn't have this option. The data they received was based off of her boringly launching mortar fire into a swimming pool under no stress.

On another note, it seems this series did pretty well though I haven't seen the numbers yet. Think we'll see more anime insight to the world of Railgun and Index?

AlaAlba 2010-03-19 23:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 2964467)
I wonder how many ppl were left shaking their heads that Railgun degenerated into a ESPer vs mecha anime ala Kiddy Girl-and... :heh:

Not that I mind the mecha. :uhoh:

you know what? I'm one of it :heh: I just cant see the awesome-ness of the episode :p
glad it's over so jc can start a new show. whether it s shana or zero tsukaima ^
or index2 :heh:

FlareKnight 2010-03-19 23:34

Well the last episode had all the action one could hope for. Pretty much everyone got into the mix and Saten dragging that bat around actually was pretty handy :heh:. She proves once more if machines are giving you trouble just beat the crap out them :D.

Anyways I'm impressed that Telestina kept the crazy under control up to the last few episodes. I mean she charges after them in a giant Code Geass like Knightmare, and then goes into a dbz like energy battle against Mikoto. The woman is clearly gone in terms of sanity. No wonder her office was decorated like that.

Bordix 2010-03-19 23:42

Marathoned the last 2 episodes.

Jesus. The first part was just ridiculous: car chases, choppers and a freaking transformer. Second part felt weak. Saten's placement was just too convenient and the long talks made things worse. But nonetheless, the ending made everything worth it. I bawwed at Kiyama and her students, the scene was really heart-warming.

I'll give this a 9. I enjoyed the fights, seeing Kuroko with a dart-filled belt and Mikoto on full throttle was really awesome. Oh and Kongo's Aero hand totally kicks ass.

tsunade666 2010-03-19 23:53

is it just me or I'm heartless.... I don't find kiyama sensei and her student heart warming.

Spiritual 2010-03-19 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by germanturkey (Post 2964513)

This! I just watched it and felt that Level 5 wasn't even ever really tapped into in all forms. Dr. Gero data fail anyone? When will they learn?

Telestina still would of been better as a calmer villain, specially how she first started, but so much for my personal reality. Taking the damage she did and still pulling off all that monologue. Oh yes, the monologue, it was like the feeling of the people who made stride gum, without the flavor still in there. Spit it out already! I wanted her to actually make good on her threats. Whats a city or two? =)

Oh right, Level zero's ain't playing this time, and actually defending the city. Anti-skill actually being competent? Saten wins flowers, internets, candy, whatever you wanna give her. I recommend a baseball cap, and glove. Set her up for the Hall of Fame.

I loved Kuroku's air superiority she held through most of the things going on. Her mastery brings me some closure of her progression from low level esper(2?) to her current form. It felt right the whole way. Then Mikoto showing off her electromaster power. Simply the highlight of the episode every time, but that is kinda is expected as a main character. Kongo gets an honorable mention too, but it felt out of place considering you don't get to see her progression.

Overall? I think it closed well. Perfection was in the ending, so as an end to a great series. 10/10.

Hypernova 2010-03-19 23:57

Lol'ed when Mikoto summoned Kuroko just by shouting her name.

Siegfridus 2010-03-20 00:07

Just EEEEEEEEpic

Marked1 2010-03-20 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hypernova (Post 2964694)
Lol'ed when Mikoto summoned Kuroko just by shouting her name.

Thats is great special ability - Summon Sister!

ekin1 2010-03-20 00:24

First half was so epic.