AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sports & Entertainment (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   Disney aquires Lucasfilm, LTD. - Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=115909)

GoddyofAus 2012-10-30 15:21

Disney aquires Lucasfilm, LTD. - Star Wars Episode VII coming in 2015

Star Wars Episode VII to be released in 2015

I am, quite frankly, stunned. You read that correctly folks; Star Wars is now owned by Disney.

Washu-Chan 2012-10-30 15:29

Let the "Disney/Lucas is gonna rape what's left of my childhood" complaints commence.

LeoXiao 2012-10-30 15:30

I would'nt be worried if only it weren't Disney in charge of this.

OceanBlue 2012-10-30 15:32

I don't see the big deal. It's not like Disney movies are inherently bad. If anything, it only irks me that they're continuing to number the franchise.

RRW 2012-10-30 15:34

it will be new trilogy by the way

And disney also own indiana jones

totoum 2012-10-30 15:36

I honestly checked the date to make sure this wasn't april 1st :twitch:

Not sure what to say yet.

Ithekro 2012-10-30 15:37

Lucasfilm itself makes some good and some bad movies. But I don't think anyone can argue against their special effects and sound departments being top of the industry.

Skywalker Sound, THX, and Industrial Light and Magic are kind of the legends on film these days.

Though I am still waiting for LucasArts Games to do that remake or sequal, or prequel for their X-wing/TIE Fighter series of space flight sim games.

Also the current set of Star Wars on TV is still going on. Clone Wars is in its fifth season and the comedy Detours will come out next year.

Kafriel 2012-10-30 15:42

What else is Disney going to buy?

james0246 2012-10-30 15:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeoXiao (Post 4419143)
I would'nt be worried if only it weren't Disney in charge of this.

I don't understand why it matters if Disney is in charge or not. They did a good job with Marvel, so I don't see why they can't do good work with Lucasfilms...

RRW 2012-10-30 15:46

So 2 Billion Cash and 2 Billion share to George Lucas.

remind me with Pixar deal

Xion Valkyrie 2012-10-30 15:47

I'm fine with it as long as they pull from the already existing EU canon. Shadows of The Empire, Splinter of the Mind's Eye, etc could make for some decent films that are closely related to the original trilogy. Unfortunately they'd need a new set of actors though, and that could be difficult to get right as the original characters were quite iconic.

I hope they stay away from the prequel era though.

killer3000ad 2012-10-30 15:58

It was as if a billion fans screamed out and where then silenced.

Obelisk ze Tormentor 2012-10-30 15:58

Just get a better director than George Lucas for the next Star Wars Trilogy. The original trilogy is good because he's not directing it. When Lucas sits on the director chair, the result is Star Wars Prequels which are enjoyable as action movies but spits in the face of the original trilogy. The only great thing about the prequels are Ewan McGregor as Obi Wan and Liam Neeson as Qui Gon Jinn, that's it.

Btw, Indiana Jones IV is also ruined because Lucas keep shoving his ridiculous ideas down Steven Spielberg's throat. Yes folks, that alien thing in Indy movie is one of Lucas' "genius" ideas.

Rising Dragon 2012-10-30 15:59

I get the feeling I was the only one who ever liked the prequel trilogy.

Kyuu 2012-10-30 16:00

Yep. It's the end to Star Wars...

As for this Episode 7 thing -- when I saw a FB post noting that -- I thought it was a joke. :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor (Post 4419185)
Btw, Indiana Jones IV is also ruined because Lucas keep shoving his ridiculous ideas down Steven Spielberg's throat. Yes folks, that alien thing in Indy movie is one of Lucas' "genius" ideas.

What's more farfetched? The Arc of the Covenant releasing all those whacky life draining spirits? Or a temple apparently built by aliens?

Ithekro 2012-10-30 16:01

Be funny if 'Episode 7" was a remake of Episode 4...just with Ewan McGreggor as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

About the only thing in the orignal film that would have been nice to change in light of Episode I - III is the choreography for the lightsaber duel between Vader and Kenobi. While Alec Guiness was a remarkable Kenobi, the duel, in light of what we've seen since, is rather tame. Age and breathing suits don't seem to stop the Force users all that much. (I mean if Yoda can kick ass in his 800s, Kenobi should still be able to move in a duel in his 60s and Vader, even in a suit should be able to be the heavy hitter like he was in V and VI as well as III...if with far less arobatics due to the confined space of the Death Star corridors.

RRW 2012-10-30 16:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rising Dragon (Post 4419186)
I get the feeling I was the only one who ever liked the prequel trilogy.

well i watch it for visual effect and fight soo. I kinda like it

GuidoHunter_Toki 2012-10-30 16:03

I'm not too upset about this considering how Disney has handled Marvel, and the Pirates movies are an overall decently done series. If they get the right group of people to work on this, combined with their stunning use of special effects I can see this turning out very well.

Of course it could go wrong like John Carter, but overall I'm pretty anxious about what they'll do with Star Wars and am glad to see Lucas finally away from Star Wars. I just didn't want to see him get another go at another triligoy after what he did with the prequels.

Xacual 2012-10-30 16:03

If they adapt anything from EU, it better be the Thrawn Trilogy. Ignoring the fact that the sheer length of those books and events might be hard to adapt but still it's the best EU trilogy.

I guess the only problem would be for the long time Star Wars fans could they accept different people playing the roles since I don't think the old actors could do it.

Kyuu 2012-10-30 16:06

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ithekro (Post 4419190)
Be funny if 'Episode 7" was a remake of Episode 4...just with Ewan McGreggor as Obi-Wan Kenobi.

About the only thing in the orignal film that would have been nice to change in light of Episode I - III is the choreography for the lightsaber duel between Vader and Kenobi. While Alec Guiness was a remarkable Kenobi, the duel, in light of what we've seen since, is rather tame. Age and breathing suits don't seem to stop the Force users all that much. (I mean if Yoda can kick ass in his 800s, Kenobi should still be able to move in a duel in his 60s and Vader, even in a suit should be able to be the heavy hitter like he was in V and VI as well as III...if with far less arobatics due to the confined space of the Death Star corridors.

Don't forget the classic Disney style sing-alongs! :heh::eyespin: It'll be a swell ole' time!

Spoiler: