AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Attack on Titan (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Attack on Titan - Character Discussion - Annie (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121890)

monir 2013-09-16 00:39

Attack on Titan - Character Discussion - Annie

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Annie related.
http://s21.postimg.org/gh8xuh5ir/1373577235496.jpg
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Attack on Titan fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Chiaki_chan 2013-09-16 01:45

Spoiler for for annie after:

moncikoma 2013-09-16 03:09

Annie is the most interesting chara since the female titan arc...

Even ishiyama sensei admit that he is in love with annie expression in ep 23 ^^

monir 2013-09-16 03:19

She fascinates people by her contrasting role. That's why question such as; what drives her, what compels her, or why she is doing what she has done thus far; are so intriguing. She single-handedly driven the story for the last 4 episodes (or was it 3) since her appearance.

We know a character is interesting when the fans are so equally divided on why they either dislike her (even hate her) or in love with her. :)

Xero8420 2013-09-16 05:43

Ah ha... Looks like someone has created this character thread about Annie at the right time as I was expecting. :D

Still, I will drop-by in this thread next week. There I will make a breakdown about one of the famous Eren x Annie pairing in the series. Cause I think this is a better place to do that instead of the episode thread.

And yes, another thing that makes Annie a fascinating character is the way the author made her to be a love/hate character, especially in the current anime arc when she was revealed to be the FT (which was quite obvious from the beginning).

n120cky 2013-09-16 08:27

Personaly i don't hate Annie even for a bit, well maybe not yet, that's for whatever she has done I still didn't know any of her motivation or even her past.

What clear here is her objective is to kidnapp Eren and yet still for unknown reason, so I think it's to early to hate her...

kitten320 2013-09-16 08:57

I never was able to hate her. While from human perspective she does deserve some kind of punishment for all the deaths I still can't bring myself to hate her because I simply don't see her as a bad person. Just on different side of a conflict.

moncikoma 2013-09-16 09:54

even levi still ok with her....and not get all that angry and blind like mikasa or eren...

DarkLordOfkichiku 2013-09-16 10:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by moncikoma (Post 4833779)
even levi still ok with her....and not get all that angry and blind like mikasa or eren...

Oh, I dunno, Levi's comment about cutting off her arms and legs hints that he's a tad bit pissed with her as well :p

Xero8420 2013-09-16 10:10

Levi was just crippling her and get Eren out from her. As must as he was pissed of Petra's death and wanted her dead, but he chose to spare her. Don't tell this to the butthurt Petra sympathizing fans...

After crippled, she was like "Nooo... he took him away from me..."

Raviel 2013-09-16 10:53

I think it's more like Levi is more pissed with Annie than anyone else but he's better at putting his personal feelings aside for sake of the bigger picture.

kitten320 2013-09-16 11:13

I'm curious to know what was running through Levi's head when he saw FT crying. It is the only time we see him surprised.

zibi88 2013-09-16 11:31

well and you wouldnt cry if you failed and that was your only chance... she failed her mission to capture eren... she wont be able to return home to her dad as promised since she failed... she killed a lot of people...some close to eren as she saw through his rage (which kinda shocked her and mostly coused fear).... so she mostly lost all friends she had eren included (and he spent some time with her traininig and it could get them close somehow in the respect area).... she knows eren will never forgive her... the same goes for armin

so yeah she realized that she lost everything now... and she just couldnt stop tears... I would love to see her face inside the titan when she was crying... to see the level of cry to make the titan itself sheed tears

in a way im kinda sad for annie... but still she could have just talked to eren 1v1 about everything... try to explain what is going on and decide help out or not... she just went the other way killed so many people that she instantly crossed out all paths.... and there wont be any "good reason" for what she did....

kitten320 2013-09-16 12:02

I said what Levi was thinking, not Annie.

ninryu 2013-09-16 12:13

I think she was crying because she'd heard what Levi said to Mikasa about friends being more important than "the mission". Can you feel this burn?

darklegends8 2013-09-16 12:32

Different side of the conflict? At least wait until we know what it is before using it as a reason to forgive her.

Nah I didn't pay attention to the manga while reading this arc so it didn't fully register. I hate Annie now.

DarkLordOfkichiku 2013-09-16 12:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xero8420 (Post 4833796)
Levi was just crippling her and get Eren out from her. As must as he was pissed of Petra's death and wanted her dead, but he chose to spare her. Don't tell this to the butthurt Petra sympathizing fans...

Yeah, but considering his talk atop of her earlier, it does look like he holds a grudge against her, he's just better at keeping it in and sticking to the mission than Eren and Mikasa...

Quote:

Originally Posted by zibi88 (Post 4833876)
in a way im kinda sad for annie... but still she could have just talked to eren 1v1 about everything... try to explain what is going on and decide help out or not... she just went the other way killed so many people that she instantly crossed out all paths.... and there wont be any "good reason" for what she did....

I'm not so sure that'd have changed anything... Sure, it'd have been the smarter thing to do for sure, but
Spoiler for some small spoilers:
As for "good reason" or not, that depends on, as we don't know exactly why she and the others are doing this...

Quote:

Originally Posted by ninryu (Post 4833909)
I think she was crying because she'd heard what Levi said to Mikasa about friends being more important than "the mission". Can you feel this burn?

Lol, I must say, that hadn't occured to me :heh: . But that'd make sense; she puts her mission ahead of her friends (except for Armin, it seems, and even then only to a certain extent)... and Humanity's best warrior comes along and says that saving a friend is more important than the mission? That's burn indeed :heh:

kitten320 2013-09-16 13:08

^I'm pretty sure you need to spoiler tag some stuff there.

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklegends8 (Post 4833933)
Different side of the conflict? At least wait until we know what it is before using it as a reason to forgive her.

Nah I didn't pay attention to the manga while reading this arc so it didn't fully register. I hate Annie now.

But it is a fact. No matter how you look at it, who would choose a company of flesh eating titans over humans for no reason?

I mean really? What does she gain by killing all humans and being surrounded by titans who want to devour her?

There clearly is a different side. Even Hanji said that what we see might not be real.

Anyway, I don't plan to start another Annie love/hate discussion with you again.

You hate her because she killed Petra, fine by me. Won't change my mind about her not being evil.

moncikoma 2013-09-16 13:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by zibi88 (Post 4833876)
well and you wouldnt cry if you failed and that was your only chance... FUKKKKKKK....

dude....spoiler tag please...:uhoh: dafuq...

darklegends8 2013-09-16 13:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by kitten320 (Post 4833960)
^I'm pretty sure you need to spoiler tag some stuff there.

But it is a fact. No matter how you look at it, who would choose a company of flesh eating titans over humans for no reason?

I mean really? What does she gain by killing all humans and being surrounded by titans who want to devour her?

There clearly is a different side. Even Hanji said that what we see might not be real.

Anyway, I don't plan to start another Annie love/hate discussion with you again.

You hate her because she killed Petra, fine by me. Won't change my mind about her not being evil.

Oh please, spare me the bias. I want to like Annie because I think she's an interesting character, but giving her leeway before she's explained her motives is ridiculous. It is exactly the same as sparing a mass serial killer because you think no one is that evil, they must have an ulterior motive.