AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Soul Eater (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=81)
-   -   Soul Eater - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=66118)

Pellissier 2008-05-04 15:30

Soul Eater - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Soul Eater, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

DJ_RockmanX 2008-05-04 15:38

Bring on the good doctor. :D

Shiroth 2008-05-04 15:39

I'm rather looking forward to some chair action.

Medousa 2008-05-04 19:16

Want Stein~ Want Stein~ Want Stein! *p* (And Medusa ... <_<)

But I want to see Stein! Wanna see Stein! Stein! :D

RyougaElliot 2008-05-04 22:08

No doubt it'll be the best scene featuring a chair ever.

Taking the throne from several episodes of Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya.

sapphire-pyro 2008-05-04 23:53

I can't wait for Stein action awesomeness and Soul x Maka moment xD Wheeee!

HayashiTakara 2008-05-05 02:46

waiting for this episode is killing me >_>... I'm usually a patient guy... but when I get my hands on a series I like... I lose all patience, lol.

sapphire-pyro 2008-05-05 04:02

this sucks . . . I can hear Soul Eater . . .ONLY HEAR!!! No freakin' video . . . oh why only this channel -_-

*sigh* I'll pretend to be listening to a drama cd that I don't understand. *sigh* Darn . . .I'll have to wait for the RAW? . . . oh the wait x_x

Kid . . .Stein . . . I know you're there ;_;

KiNA 2008-05-05 05:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Medousa (Post 1575622)
Want Stein~ Want Stein~ Want Stein! *p* (And Medusa ... <_<)

But I want to see Stein! Wanna see Stein! Stein! :D

Joins chant!
Stein! Stein! Stein!

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro (Post 1576459)
this sucks . . . I can hear Soul Eater . . .ONLY HEAR!!! No freakin' video . . . oh why only this channel -_-

*sigh* I'll pretend to be listening to a drama cd that I don't understand. *sigh* Darn . . .I'll have to wait for the RAW? . . . oh the wait x_x

You.. me .. same :(

*Emo* *emo* *Despair*

:<

duckroll 2008-05-05 05:48

Saw this earlier, but nothing worth posting about imo. This is probably the lowest budget episode yet. I'm rather disappointed that after 5 episodes they're still sticking so close to the manga even down to the pacing. It's getting rather uninteresting for me. Next week it looks like they're really going to spend the entire episode on Soul and Black Star vs Death the Kid too. :(

Medousa 2008-05-05 06:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by sapphire-pyro (Post 1576459)

This ... Is ... Horrible ... I have to wait! WAIT!!! O_O Kidd ... Stein ... T_T

I seriously CAN'T wait! O_O *Download the Late Night of the 4th* Kufufu~

Quote:

Originally Posted by duckroll (Post 1576549)
This is probably the lowest budget episode yet.

Aw ... ~ Personally, I don't care as long as it's Soul Eater. XD

D a m i e n 2008-05-05 08:12

Quote:

Saw this earlier, but nothing worth posting about imo. This is probably the lowest budget episode yet. I'm rather disappointed that after 5 episodes they're still sticking so close to the manga even down to the pacing. It's getting rather uninteresting for me. Next week it looks like they're really going to spend the entire episode on Soul and Black Star vs Death the Kid too. :(

QFE.
i was really excited about this show but having read up to chapter (26ish or whatever is the latest scanlated chapter) i found the first 3 eps nice as we got to see the character animated but we(manga reader) are confronted to the boredom of knowing what is going to happen :/. i found myself not even expecting / waiting for eps4 last week.

Shiroth 2008-05-05 08:14

Spoiler for Episode 05:

Spoiler for Episode 06 preview:

Iron Maw 2008-05-05 08:20

Quote:

That's probably because those 2 chapters of the manga were the longest in the series (66 pages to 55 respectably) and generally more expository. BONES were likely too busy cramming as much as they could into eps 4 and 5 due to that. Ep 6 is just the characters meeting it each other for the first time.

The pacing will probably improve during ep 7 where the plot actually starts and all the setup is finished especially since chapter will be the more normal 40 pages in the rest of manga, like in Ep1-3 giving them more room to work with.

Anime-only viewers will likely not much of a problem with this since they haven't read the manga and don't know what's going to happen.

sapphire-pyro 2008-05-05 08:45

*downloading raw* It was released faster than usual. YAY! xD

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 1576717)
Spoiler for Episode 05:

Spoiler:

I wanna see episode 5 . . . .but I am also damn excited on episode 6 *_*

Zoe 2008-05-05 09:10

I thought this episode was fine, but then again I'm not watching this for the battles.

The comedy bits were still good, and Maka's seiyuu is improving bit by bit :heh:

And DAMN, is Patty annoying in this episode or what -_-

kari-no-sugata 2008-05-05 09:29

If it ain't broke, don't fix it

I like that they're keeping very faithfully to the manga - after all, if it ain't broke, don't fix it - within the limits of the difference in mediums, I think keeping strictly to the manga is fine. Most viewers wouldn't have read the manga anyway. (I did spot a couple of very minor differences btw...)

Unfortunately, no interrogation scene recap. I guess we'd have to wait for DVD extras

Shiroth 2008-05-05 09:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Zoe (Post 1576794)
And DAMN, is Patty annoying in this episode or what -_-

Nope, she's as loveable as always. :p

neshru 2008-05-05 10:46

Quote:

This is probably the lowest budget episode yet.

Not really, the animation quality wasn't worse than the previous episodes (except episode 1 that's on another level compared to 2-5)

dxgarten 2008-05-05 10:55

Episode 05 screencaps/impression

Spoiler:

The animation quality is slightly lower than the previous episode, IMO. Nothing awful but you can see that it's not as good as the last 4 episodes.