AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   Chapter 309 discussion!*Super Spoiler* (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=6860)

Kaze23114 2004-02-07 01:56

Chapter 309 discussion!*Super Spoiler*

AHHHHH I can't believe they lost the Donut race!!! and lost Chopper too!!!!

discuss!

Mr. Bushido 2004-02-07 01:59

u should put tat in spoiler tags, the scans arent even out for chp. 309

Spoiler:

Sethi 2004-02-07 10:06

Next event should be nice with only Sanji and Zoro, let's hope they don't kill each other instead of defeating the Foxy crew :)
Perhaps Foxy saw that coming and that's why he took Chopper.

Mr. Bushido 2004-02-07 11:39

Zoro and Sanji are uber strong tho. Unless they really do fight each other, its highly likely they kick the other team's ass before anything else happens. lol

Ral 2004-02-07 12:30

So did they tell you what Foxy's powers do?

eLstar 2004-02-07 13:19

I knew they would lose. Because if they won, Team Zoro and Sanji would have to lose...and we can't have that.

Sethi 2004-02-07 13:40

I guess now is like Zoro & Sanji Win and they take back Chopper, and Luffy wins and they either choose to take Foxy flag or perhaps a new crewmate since they wanted a shipwright, however truth be told we haven't seen anyone in Foxy Crew that seems like Straw Hat Pirate material.

El Diablo 2004-02-07 19:10

Actually, the rules state that Chopper can't be won back in another game, ever. Also, the next event isn't the combat, so whether or not Sanji and Zoro can fight is also questionable.

eLstar 2004-02-07 19:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by El Diablo
Actually, the rules state that Chopper can't be won back in another game, ever. Also, the next event isn't the combat, so whether or not Sanji and Zoro can fight is also questionable.

Since when do the Straw-Hat pirates play by the rules?

;)

mightyme 2004-02-10 20:36

I thoguht the rules were that a lost crew member can only be taken back through another game.... whether that is an entirely enw challenge, or the second/third competitions I dunno...

and I also ahev to ask what that ray thign was... the foxy pirate used soem devil fruit power ray.... what did it do?

Kaze23114 2004-02-10 22:26

Noro Noro Beam!!

Basically Foxy's power is to make things slow

he ate the Noro Noro no Mi *slow slow fruit* which allows him to slow anything down... as the example from the manga where he slowed down the cannon ball... but it still blew up in his face

soraryu 2004-02-12 11:38

Actually, the most intriguing should be: who is going to be Ruffy's opponent once Sanji and Zorro's match is completed.

Ruffy is so strong and there just doesn't seem possible for Foxy to have crew members that can match Ruffy. I can only think of two possibilities. One, the match is going to be conducted at sea (in which Ruffy will be at a disadvantage) against maybe a Merman ? The second possibility is that the match will be interrupted and a really strong opponent (who is not part of Foxy's crew) joins the match against Ruffy.

This is just my two-cents worth.

Sethi 2004-02-12 15:40

Hmmm we are yet to see all the members of Foxy Crew, in the middle of all of them perhaps exists one that participates only in the Battle Round and it would be nice if he was the shipwright.
Or there's the possibility that Admiral Ao Kiji appears after a crappy 1 page fight and them the true battle begins which would be very nice as well :D

Spooky-Electric 2004-02-12 16:53

Can someone private message me as to where I can.. *cough*.. you know..read..

please! :)

eLstar 2004-02-12 19:34

Um...no.

I'm afraid you'll have to find that on your own.

And power of slowing things down? Sounds kind of lame when you say it aloud but it could be really useful. But since the captain seems to be a moron, the fruit has been a total waste.

Sethi 2004-02-12 19:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dranz
And power of slowing things down? Sounds kind of lame when you say it aloud but it could be really useful. But since the captain seems to be a moron, the fruit has been a total waste.

Hummm maybe or perhaps maybe he is like Luffy stupid for most thinks but when it comes down to what matters he get's the job done perfectly :D

eLstar 2004-02-12 20:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sethi
Hummm maybe or perhaps maybe he is like Luffy stupid for most thinks but when it comes down to what matters he get's the job done perfectly :D

somehow I doubt it.

Luffy is stupid but he's cool.

Foxy is stupid...but not cool. He just seems lame.

Sethi 2004-02-12 22:29

Actually i just hope they don't lose any crew member to Foxy otherwise like Nami said They should kill themselves out of shame but i do hope that they gain a new Crewmate or at least a major plot twist otherwise this whole arc would be pointless.

soraryu 2004-02-13 10:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dranz
Um...no.

I'm afraid you'll have to find that on your own.

Foxy's ability seems handy in a 1 : 1 fight (actually quite lethal if he uses it properly). Imagine that Foxy is facing Bellamy in combat. Foxy immediately uses his powers to slow Bellamy down as he slash or shoots his opponent. It is highly probable that he can use a variation of this technique against any opponent.

I am wondering if Foxy's ability can slow down an attack like zoro's Sanjuuroku Pondo Hou ? Does Foxy's ability work on pirates whose bodies aren't normal (e.g. Ace, Smoker, Luffy, Ener) ?

SurfD 2004-02-14 04:44

I managed to snag someone's script for that particular chapter, and they mention something odd concerning Foxy's power. Seems the fruit gives him the ability to emit a beam of, for lack of a better word, "slow slow particles" (think of them like photons). These particles are what cause things to slow down. The interesing bit is that according to this person's translation, the particles only affect things that are exposed to the light. So I guess that would mean that if luffy was standing in the shade, or if night fell, the power would be useless.