AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Code Geass (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=64)
-   -   Romance in Code Geass (take 4) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=75471)

White Manju Bun 2008-12-16 16:26

Romance in Code Geass (take 4)

Welcome to the Romance in Code Geass (take 4) discussion thread. The purpose of this thread is to provide a place where to discuss all things romance related within Code Geass potential pairings, things like that.

Please note that the very nature of this discussion means that people are bound to disagree with your opinion; remember to play nicely. Usual forum rules still apply.

Due to problems we have had with the last few Romance threads there will be no poll this time. Do no ask for one, it will not be added. Thread guidelines must be followed or infractions will be issued. Everyone should know the rules by now, no excuses will be heard.

Thread Guidelines
  • No Shipping!
    As stated this is a Romance thread, not a place to whine about what characters did or didn't end up together. Any such posts will be deleted.

• No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whinging and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favorite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter is always welcome, but harassing people won't be tolerated.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use spoiler tags!Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Most importantly: have fun :)

incorrupts 2008-12-17 12:27

Oh man, first comment. xD

Thanks about this, it was about time for a fresh new start ~

eta: need to stop being a lazyass and read ALL of the post when someone posts something. "^^

Grey Dawn 2008-12-17 12:28

No shipping in the romance thread? Blasphemy!

Was removing the poll the basic point of remaking the thread rather than reopening it?

Also, what qualifies as a spoiler to an ended series?

P.S. Thank you

White Manju Bun 2008-12-17 12:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Grey Dawn (Post 2112744)

Was removing the poll the basic point of remaking the thread rather than reopening it?

Also, what qualifies as a spoiler to an ended series?

P.S. Thank you

The thread needed a fresh start to begin with but also the absense of the poll lead to needing a new thread.

Spoiler is a spoiler even if the series is ended, dont always assume everyone has seen the ending, so just be careful. Anything from the last several epis is def a spoiler.

And youre welcome.

Levy 2008-12-17 13:24

ok, something minimal... I have to catch up with a lot of stuff since I've been really busy lately, but among the many news I only manage to have glimpse of, I vaguely remember mentions - I have no idea if here or at Livejournal, forgive me @.@ - of some Gino/Anya hints in the latest released materials... more infos anyone?

Thanks in advance =)

Sonae 2008-12-17 13:33

Everyone should learn their lesson and appreciate this. Be aware if things are going too far.

Thank you <3

Inferno Phoenyx 2008-12-17 16:14

Yay I'm excited that the thread is back. :)
Well I guess we'll see what goes on from now.

SonOfHeaven 2008-12-17 16:38

Nice to see the romance thread back. Hopefully people will be more polite this time.

Akakishi 2008-12-17 17:22

Romance, romance <3

Seeing this music vid
Spoiler for cg:

my fav pairing is Lelou X Shirley
She'd hate him for
Spoiler for cg:

About Kallen, she's
Spoiler for kalulu:

As for C2, I dunno if to think that she cared about winning and losing inside her heart'd means ..

Finnally, nun-chan, she must be Lelou's undoubted swearheart
Unfortunatly, they are sibling

incorrupts 2008-12-17 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akakishi (Post 2113192)

About Kallen, she's
Spoiler for kalulu:

Sure, she is all this when it comes to battlefield. In the "real feelings" department, she is a lot more.

Lunara 2008-12-17 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Akakishi (Post 2113192)
Romance, romance <3

She'd hate him for
Spoiler for cg:

And that what makes her such a special character. She can be very forgiving when it comes to love. And what she said about "Everything can be forgiven." is a very strong quote that is applied to many of the characters in the series.

Narona 2008-12-17 17:39

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 2111396)

Due to problems we have had with the last few Romance threads there will be no poll this time. Do no ask for one, it will not be added. Thread guidelines must be followed or infractions will be issued. Everyone should know the rules by now, no excuses will be heard.

Hopefully now the thread will not be derailled by hate and shipping war :)

Thank you, Manju :D .

Quote:

Originally Posted by incorrupts (Post 2112743)
Oh man, first comment. xD

Thanks about this, it was about time for a fresh new start ~ // btw, not poll this time?

You should read the OP.

Nobodyman9 2008-12-17 18:28

Ah, another romance thread. Nothing like a fresh start. So lets prove to the mods that we can behave like good little boys and girls.

I kinda wish we had gotten a poll this time around. I would love to see how all the pairings stack up now, knowing what we know. But if it's all for the better.

incorrupts 2008-12-17 18:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nobodyman9 (Post 2113312)
I kinda wish we had gotten a poll this time around. I would love to see how all the pairings stack up now, knowing what we know. But if it's all for the better.

Hmm, true. But honest, i do not think a lot of things would be really different. Maybe a few more votes for KallenxLelouch, after the latest ++ revelations about them.
Statistics are nice and they can be funny, but in the end, it is pretty much the same.

bladeofdarkness 2008-12-17 18:38

i was planing to do this on the old romance thread
but since a new one opened in its place i will do this here
i know that this is off topic
but its importent to me to say this

in the final day of the old romance thread i said some things that offended people
those who remember would know what im talkings about
i would like to take this chance to offer an apology
my words were not only out of place but were spoken without any concerned about the fact that i might be offending peolpe
staying up late at night does not excuse such behavior and i truly am ashamed about it
i was being an ass and im sorry about everything i said
just wanted to say this now becouse i had no where else to say it before

Sonae 2008-12-17 18:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by bladeofdarkness (Post 2113329)
i was planing to do this on the old romance thread
but since a new one opened in its place i will do this here
i know that this is off topic
but its importent to me to say this

in the final day of the old romance thread i said some things that offended people
those who remember would know what im talkings about
i would like to take this chance to offer an apology
my words were not only out of place but were spoken without any concerned about the fact that i might be offending peolpe
staying up late at night does not excuse such behavior and i truly am ashamed about it
i was being an ass and im sorry about everything i said
just wanted to say this now becouse i had no where else to say it before

That's very nice of you to apologize. Though I can't remember if I was offended or not...

I also had something to say but it's concieted so I wont say anything.

Nobodyman9 2008-12-17 18:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by incorrupts (Post 2113316)
Hmm, true. But honest, i do not think a lot of things would be really different. Maybe a few more votes for KallenxLelouch, after the latest ++ revelations about them.
Statistics are nice and they can be funny, but in the end, it is pretty much the same.

Hmm, well mainly I was thinking there might be a lot less Lelouch/C.C. votes. Not that I'm trying to start anything, just stating my opinions based on recent trends.

incorrupts 2008-12-17 18:52

Alright, since i am being on a samaritan, not-biased mood this week {rar} i might as well bring up a subject to discuss, that is recent and has relevance to the thread, so we won't get off-topic.
The latest release, about Lelouch seeing C.C as his "equal".
What do you guys think about it? Do you think it throws out of the table any possible romantic development that might have been there, is this word strong enough maybe for something more meaningful?
Compared to what KallenxLelouch "got" about sharing a mutual moment that might be something more concerning their feelings?
I'll state my opinion later, if discussion starts. Let's prove that we can co-exist and discuss in a civilized manner this time. ;P

morbosfist 2008-12-17 18:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by incorrupts (Post 2113351)
The latest release, about Lelouch seeing C.C as his "equal". What do you guys think about it? Do you think it throws out of the table any possible romantic development that might have been there, is this word strong enough maybe for something more meaningful? Compared to what KallenxLelouch "got" about sharing a mutual moment that might be something more concerning their feelings?

Not entirely unexpected as far as revelations go, I'd say. As for the romantic development, maybe a little on her side in 24, but beyond that I'd say it was mostly a platonic thing with a little bit of fun thrown in with the kisses.

Nobodyman9 2008-12-17 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by incorrupts (Post 2113351)
Alright, since i am being on a samaritan, not-biased mood this week {rar} i might as well bring up a subject to discuss, that is recent and has relevance to the thread, so we won't get off-topic.
The latest release, about Lelouch seeing C.C as his "equal".
What do you guys think about it? Do you think it throws out of the table any possible romantic development that might have been there, is this word strong enough maybe for something more meaningful?
Compared to what KallenxLelouch "got" about sharing a mutual moment that might be something more concerning their feelings?
I'll state my opinion later, if discussion starts. Let's prove that we can co-exist and discuss in a civilized manner this time. ;P

Well, the guidebook clearly states the Lelouch saw C.C. not as a lover or a mother, but as an equal. Now, it is entirely possible for a man to share a close platonic relationship with a woman and I think this was the case with Lelouch and C.C. However, we don't know for sure how C.C. felt toward Lelouch. She could have loved him, but if that's the case then it was sadly one-sided. I personally like to think of Lelouch and C.C.'s relationship as entirely platonic, with some kissing and innuendo thrown in to tease/please the fans. I think it's a very interesting and fascinating relationship.