AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Toriko (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89250)

ellifeedn 2009-12-10 11:28

Toriko

Written by Shimabukuro Mitsutoshi, this series takes place in a world where the taste and texture of food is extremely important and there exist individuals known as Bishoku-ya (luxury food providers) who specialize in the acquisition of rare ingredients and animals. Toriko is one of the best Bishoku-ya and strives to find the best ingredients to complete his full-course menu. Joining him in his journies is a cowardly 5-star chef named Komatsu. Though the quests they take are full of danger and numerous enemies, for the sake of the best ingredients they are willing to take the risk.

I learned about this series fairly recently and, after checking it out, found it to be pretty awesome. This may be my opinion, but I think Toriko, who is a big glutton, can match both Luffy and Goku in an eating contest.

velocd 2009-12-10 12:03

Toriko is great for an oddball genre (cooking/shonen?). Is this really its first thread?

ellifeedn 2009-12-10 22:53

^ Unfortunatly I believe so.

I forgot to mention that there is an anime in the works. Strange how I didn't find it mentioned in the new announced anime thread.

Qilin 2009-12-11 04:14

I usually feel hungry whenever I read a chapter of this.
Would it hurt for the characters to not talk about food every few panels? I get jealous :(

Duo Maxwell 2009-12-11 13:41

Cool reading. Didn't expect much, but somehow it's hard to prevent drooling :heh:.

Poetic Justice 2009-12-11 14:57

I heard the mangaka was convicted of violating child prostitution laws and his previous manga in shounen jump was canceled because of that.

Westlo 2009-12-11 16:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by velocd (Post 2813321)
Toriko is great for an oddball genre (cooking/shonen?). Is this really its first thread?

I was actually going to make one when I searched for it after the anime special came out.. I didn't see one.. but if I was wrong I would get an infraction and get banned so I decided not to :p

Can't believe there was no Toriko thread before this though. Toriko along with Bakuman and Mago are going to be the 3 pushed series of next year as their anime series launch.. I know Toriko hasn't had a tv series confirmed yet but it's a matter of time really.

Cinocard 2009-12-11 17:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo
Can't believe there was no Toriko thread before this though. Toriko along with Bakuman and Mago are going to be the 3 pushed series of next year as their anime series launch.. I know Toriko hasn't had a tv series confirmed yet but it's a matter of time reall

Yeah, in fact I believe Toriki is gonna be the most awesome in anime form. It's a manga that relies on big, flashy omgwtfbbq factors, and those kind of things work best in animations.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Poetic Justice
I heard the mangaka was convicted of violating child prostitution laws and his previous manga in shounen jump was canceled because of that.

Lol wut?

:confused:

Poetic Justice 2009-12-11 17:09

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mitsutoshi_Shimabukuro

Vampire 2009-12-11 18:59

I find the almost absent female cast quite odd and other Freudian horrors my minds keeps coming up with while reading this manga. But noneoftheless, it's quite entertaining and addicting, like what Westo said, it's just a matter of time until it has an anime series. This series is popular enough to be considered Jump's new generation of manga after the big three if I'm not stretching it too far.

Westlo 2009-12-11 19:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vampire (Post 2816111)
This series is popular enough to be considered Jump's new generation of manga after the big three if I'm not stretching it too far.

I think this and Mago are going to be pushed really hard in the next few years, especially since most people think Naruto seems to be ending in a years time. Obviously both won't reach Naruto level or even Bleach but if they can reach D.Gray Man/Gintama/Reborn level than Jump should be happy.

ellifeedn 2009-12-11 20:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Westlo (Post 2815831)
I know Toriko hasn't had a tv series confirmed yet but it's a matter of time really.

Actually the manga announced there would be an anime.

Vampire 2009-12-11 21:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellifeedn (Post 2816299)
Actually the manga announced there would be an anime.

Is this in the new chapter coming out this week?

ellifeedn 2009-12-11 23:37

^ It was announced in chapter 57.

Iggy_Pop 2009-12-11 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellifeedn (Post 2816509)
^ It was announced in chapter 57.

Sorry dude, thats for the OVA in Jump Fest 2009 not an anime series. Only Mago and Bakuman has an official announcement for a TV series

ellifeedn 2009-12-12 00:41

Is that so? :( This was unexpected. Oh well, at least I can look forward to that OVA.

ssc2good 2009-12-12 01:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by ellifeedn (Post 2816579)
Is that so? :( This was unexpected. Oh well, at least I can look forward to that OVA.

The OVA's already out. There's already a fansub of it.

Battler-kun 2009-12-15 16:18

Awesome, this guy is friends with Oda.

ellifeedn 2010-02-09 21:21

It's been awhile. I just read chapter 80 and it was seriously unbelievable. I don't care if the guy was naturally born that way, had weird surgery done, or even that this is fictional; that body shouldn't function the way it did.

Vampire 2010-02-09 23:15

The group that were working on it weekly stopped, but I read some translations and raws in mangahelpers if you want to catch up.