AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Nanoha/Vivid Franchise (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90525)

Keroko 2010-01-09 07:43

Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st

This thread is intended to discuss anything related to the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st (due to be released on January 23rd), be it the movie itself, it's manga or it's cast.

As per forum rules, this is a discussion thread, thus posting links to the RAW of the movie is prohibited. Any posts not related to the movie should, naturally, be taken to their appropriate threads.

WARNING: Once the movie is released, there is a high possibility that spoilers will make their way into this thread due to members discussing the movie. Should you at that time wish to avoid spoilers, it is advisable to use the Magical Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st, Expectations and Speculation instead.

Noteworthy links:

Official site

AnimeNewsNetwork on the movie

xris 2010-01-09 10:41

Reminder
Because this is a "spoiler thread", spoiler tags are not required, though you are encouraged to use your discretion if discussing matters from future manga releases. If you have not yet read the appropriate manga, and do not wish to be spoiled, avoid this thread and post in the Mahou Girl Lyrical Nanoha The MOVIE 1st, Expectations and Speculation instead!

Currently the poll is closed, the reason is because the Movie is yet to be released. Please remind me on the release date (23rd Jan 2010) and I will open the poll then.

Please do not turn this thread into a shipping debate. If you wish to discuss relationships or pairing then please make use of the Relationships In The MSLN Series [SERIOUS DISCUSSION ONLY] thread instead.

MeisterBabylon 2010-01-09 12:40

I'm glad I'll get to see Fate again. Boo on the redesign of Bardiche though. :(

Noe 2010-01-09 13:02

I've been highly anticipating this ever since it was announced in Megami (I think) in summertime 2008. Bardiche looks more of an axe.

MeisterBabylon 2010-01-09 13:04

I guess I just liked the angular look better. Hence why new RH gets +1 but Bardiche seems -0.5. :heh:

Looking forward to it too, though I think we'd be waiting 6 mths before the bluray comes out... :(

DezoPenguin 2010-01-09 13:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 2860096)
I guess I just liked the angular look better. Hence why new RH gets +1 but Bardiche seems -0.5. :heh:

Looking forward to it too, though I think we'd be waiting 6 mths before the bluray comes out... :(

To me...it all kind of depends on whether or not she cuts through stuff with it. Given that Device Form/Assault Form is really Bardiche's "cast spells" form and she generally switches to Scythe/Haken Form, Zanber Form, Riot Blade, or Riot Zanber to actually whack people with Bardiche, the stylized version makes more sense. On the other hand, my avatar approves of using the axe in a more direct sense, in which the sharp edge would be a logical upgrade.

Keroko 2010-01-09 14:19

There have been bardiches with shapes similar to Fate's uncovered, so it wasn't an implausible design even when looking at it realistically. The curved blade is much more common though, so the design was probably altered to make it look more natural.

RadiantBeam 2010-01-09 16:02

Are they still planning to make Bardiche female for the movie? I remember hearing a rumor about that, but I don't recall if it was ever confirmed.

Keroko 2010-01-09 16:05

Hehehe, first time 4chan ever raged about another girl added to the cast.

Anyway, no, as far as I know this has always been a rumor with no confirmation ever having been provided.

Demi. 2010-01-09 22:29

It's most likely just a rumor. There shouldn't be a purpose to it unless their previous VA for Bardiche quit and a female was the first new VA they found...

Anyways, hoping Fate gets a henshin sequence in this movie...But it's not looking very likely.:(:sad:
Will be happy to see her loli-er form, though.

It will be interesting to see which scenes they cut entirely and which they try to shorten...I doubt they're going to keep everything considering the time constraints, and the additional material they plan on adding to it.

RadiantBeam 2010-01-09 22:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demi. (Post 2860768)
It will be interesting to see which scenes they cut entirely and which they try to shorten...I doubt they're going to keep everything considering the time constraints, and the additional material they plan on adding to it.

I imagine the scenes introducing Nanoha's family will be either drastically shortened or cut out entirely, including the scenes introducing Arisa and Suzuka. They probably won't include the first three episodes before Fate comes into the picture, or again, shorten them. The scenes where Arisa, Suzuka, and Nanoha's family worry over her will probably be cut out.

That's just off the top of my head, but I could be wrong.

Demi. 2010-01-09 23:01

Maybe, it's been too long since I've watched the first season to remember what scenes can be cut and still have the movie make sense.

Which brings me back to the "naked loli scene" the director mentioned. I can think of maybe one scene where that can happen, and that's the onsen episode...Which is honestly the easiest piece of material to cut without losing depth to the story, so lol...Who knows.

itanshi1 2010-01-10 00:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by MeisterBabylon (Post 2860064)
I'm glad I'll get to see Fate again. Boo on the redesign of Bardiche though. :(

Redesign? no, the change in seiyuus (IIRC) is worse than the design, i like the more baddassedness :3

Demi. 2010-01-10 00:27

Bardiche voice change? We were just saying it was a rumor, but it could very well be true....From what I remember though, it has never been even remotely hinted by the director.

Tabasco 2010-01-10 01:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demi. (Post 2860808)
Maybe, it's been too long since I've watched the first season to remember what scenes can be cut and still have the movie make sense.

Which brings me back to the "naked loli scene" the director mentioned. I can think of maybe one scene where that can happen, and that's the onsen episode...Which is honestly the easiest piece of material to cut without losing depth to the story, so lol...Who knows.

Pretty nearly the first four episodes, if memory serves. Basically the intro/breakfast scene, finding Yuuno/first battle, and...that's about it.

Is there any solid information on how long this thing is supposed to be? I find it hard to believe they can add in new material if there's still a good two hours worth to cover even with some judicious editing.

Demi. 2010-01-10 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tabasco (Post 2860965)
Pretty nearly the first four episodes, if memory serves. Basically the intro/breakfast scene, finding Yuuno/first battle, and...that's about it.

Is there any solid information on how long this thing is supposed to be? I find it hard to believe they can add in new material if there's still a good two hours worth to cover even with some judicious editing.

It's two hours long.

...But there will be new material. The trailers make that readily clear.

RadiantBeam 2010-01-10 15:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demi. (Post 2860978)
...But there will be new material. The trailers make that readily clear.

I wouldn't trust those trailers as far as I can throw them, myself. :heh: They were released pretty early on, and while I don't doubt the movie will cover new material, some of the scenes we saw in the trailer might have been cut for some reason or another.

Demi. 2010-01-10 15:38

The latest Animedia, which was released Jan 9th...Still had depictions of most of those new scenes. It was the "100 differences between the first season and the movie" preview.

A few scenes may get cut, I can't say for sure -- But most have got to stay considering how close we are to the movie and the new material indicate they didn't scrap them.

RadiantBeam 2010-01-10 15:39

Still, I wouldn't put too much stock in trailer footage. Once a trailer is made, even if the material it uses is cut from the movie, it can't be changed. Honestly, if some of the scenes in the trailer never make it into the movie, I wouldn't be surprised.

Demi. 2010-01-10 15:43

Just saying, there have been several recent magazines that also showed those scenes, and they were released between Dec 26th and Jan9th.