AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   One Piece (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=29)
-   -   One Piece - Chapter 549 [Manga] (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=83340)

xris 2009-06-30 11:20

One Piece - Chapter 549 [Manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread Guidelines
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

marvelB 2009-06-30 11:23

Well, you guys know the drill by now. Summary:

-The ministory shows Franky standing in front of someone's house (exactly WHOSE house it is, we don't know yet...).

-As some predicted, Shiryuu ends up being the one to save Blackbeard's crew with some antidote. Also as predicted, it seems to be implied that he's part of the crew now.....

-Luffy and co. are apparently contacted by the marines. Soon, everyone learns that Buggy was a part of Roger's crew. Buggy's followers respect him even more because of this. In fact, Buggy gets so caught up in their admiration that he's willing to go to Marineford with Luffy instead of escaping (heh, awesome :)).

-Meanwhile, Ace is climbing some stairs while having a flashback about his childhood with Luffy. It looks like they made a promise to each other, saying that they should live a life without regrets. He then walks out to a bright place (most likely his execution ground).....

Well, the part with Shiryuu was pretty much to be expected, but I've definitely got to say that what got me stoked about this spoiler is seeing Buggy actually WANT to go to Marineford with Luffy. I believe I actually pointed out in a past thread the possibility of Luffy asking him about his days in Roger's crew, and well, this is close enough, no? I can't wait to see him flash things up at marine HQ. :D

I also figured that we'd get a flashback that's centered on Ace and Luffy's childhood at some point. I suppose that we'll see the whole thing pretty soon (sometime within the next few chapters, perhaps?). I hope this means we'll finally learn the identity of Dadan.....

Well, now to wait for the pics!

james0246 2009-06-30 11:50

I'm kind of upset that Shiryu had to save Blackbeard. It's nice to know that Blackbeard is not "immortal" (i.e. someone that can not be defeated), that's pretty cool, but I really wanted the Doc to heal them.

That being said, Buggy is great. I hope there is some sort of comment from Crocodile or Jinbei concerning their surprise at hearing the news that Buggy is well connected.

holypanl 2009-06-30 12:11

It sounds good, but if Buggy doesn't buck up soon, I'll kind of want him dead. If he doesn't go back into awesome mode, like how he was during the East Blue Saga when he fought Luffy, it would be a bit of a bore having him stay around. I like buggy, and he has his flare, but with Das and Croc standing right next to him...you know what I mean.

What I'm just waiting to see is exactly how strong Whitebeard's crew really is. His crew has inadvertently become the yard stick for every other strong crew around, so I want to see half of the island where the execution should take place just disappear.

I want to see some real damage. It should be like a mini Buster Call.

Concerning Blackbeard, It's good to see him back up and about, but I expected more of him: he should have been quicker. Quick enough to absorb that poison with the darkness before it reached him. Great chapter, altogether. Loved it.

marvelB 2009-06-30 12:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2482228)
I'm kind of upset that Shiryu had to save Blackbeard. It's nice to know that Blackbeard is not "immortal" (i.e. someone that can not be defeated), that's pretty cool, but I really wanted the Doc to heal them.

I do admit that it kinda sucks that Shiryuu saves Blackbeard after all, but I guess that in the end it makes things more "realistic". But I did also want to see Doc Q use some broken healing method, no matter how cheap it turned out to be. Oh well, I still don't think that this makes Blackbeard's crew any less of a threat..... they just have fate on their side, that's all ;). Now, seeing as some of our predictions came true already, I expect to see Teach and co. down in level 6 sometime within the next few chapters......

And yeah, I'm also particularly interested in seeing Crocodile's reaction to learning about Buggy's connection to Roger. I think he'll most likely laugh it off and think that Buggy was just useless baggage, but he'd just be underestimating the pirate clown like many others do (even including some of the people in these forums, unfortunately....). I'm actually more convinced than ever that Buggy's going to have one hell of a huge bounty on his head when this storyline is over.....

Prestige 2009-06-30 12:18

Nice spoilers,

regarding Blackbeard, I dont wish to leave Impel Down yet because I really want to know what he exactly searches in there and why he exactly decided to come there.

Blackbeard only informed that if he gets what he is seeking in Impel down it will shake entire world.

Also I dont really mind seeing Ace's and Luffy's backstory from their childhood either, rather I am very intrested about it and little pause to this action could be good too (not that I say action has been bad).

Flashback showing how truely close brothers were back then would give even better reason for Luffy and seeing how much Ace and Luffy care eachother flashback should be good one.

I guess light Ace is seeing is that he is getting from ship into Marineford.

SMASHERJACKSON 2009-06-30 13:10

this ch redeems mags strength in my eyes but for the time being tarnishes BB's, thought he wouldnt need an antidote

marvelB 2009-06-30 13:17

^Like I pointed out in my last post, Blackbeard being healed by Shiryuu wouldn't tarnish his image in the least bit, because he had fate on his side. It makes sense, since his crew always talks about fate and luck......

james0246 2009-06-30 13:25

^Yeah, I expected Blackbeard to be saved (I'm still unclear why people think he can absorb attacks through his skin), just not by Shiryuu.

That being said, Oda - Show me Katarina! Or, whatever Blackbeard is up to. At least give me a hint of some sort. I hate putting it this way, but I am more interested in Blackbeard's plans that Whitebeard's war.

marvelB 2009-06-30 13:33

^I highly doubt that it would be difficult for Blackbeard to convince him to join his crew if it means a ticket out of death row. ;)

Crusader 2009-06-30 13:42

Perhaps BB persuaded Shiryuu with his theories on fate. Fate and destiny are such deep things to think about much less discuss. I could only imagine Croc's reaction, I mean buggy doesnt give off that sort of vibe.

Im starting to get the feeling that maybe Ace really will die, It seems the WG planned for this once they caught a hold of him. The Gorosei seem like some highly intellegent men albiet old, or perhaps cunning is the word im looking for. They didn't such high postions through honest goodness. So this whole war maybe a part of their scheme who knows.

SMASHERJACKSON 2009-06-30 14:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by marvelB (Post 2482380)
^Like I pointed out in my last post, Blackbeard being healed by Shiryuu wouldn't tarnish his image in the least bit, because he had fate on his side. It makes sense, since his crew always talks about fate and luck......

true, i just thought with his df he wouldnt need 2 resort to an antidote

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crusader (Post 2482436)
Perhaps BB persuaded Shiryuu with his theories on fate. Fate and destiny are such deep things to think about much less discuss. I could only imagine Croc's reaction, I mean buggy doesnt give off that sort of vibe.

Im starting to get the feeling that maybe Ace really will die, It seems the WG planned for this once they caught a hold of him. The Gorosei seem like some highly intellegent men albiet old, or perhaps cunning is the word im looking for. They didn't such high postions through honest goodness. So this whole war maybe a part of their scheme who knows.

im expecting whitebeard 2 appear now, though it wont neccasserily mean aces rescue

Phenomenal 2009-06-30 14:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2482396)
That being said, Oda - Show me Katarina! Or, whatever Blackbeard is up to. At least give me a hint of some sort. I hate putting it this way, but I am more interested in Blackbeard's plans that Whitebeard's war.

Ha, you ain't seeing anyone anytime soon cause your boy Oda is once again trying to force emotional drama with this execution.

Another boring chapter is upon us, Go check out Bleach and Naruto spoilers yall!!!

Prestige 2009-06-30 14:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenomenal (Post 2482529)
Ha, you ain't seeing anyone anytime soon cause your boy Oda is once again trying to force emotional drama with this execution.

Another boring chapter is upon us, Go check out Bleach and Naruto spoilers yall!!!

shoo you silly troll, even To love-ru has more plot than Bleach and Naruto...

shankss 2009-06-30 14:48

I'm also disappointed about Shiryu's antidote.Seems like if it wasnt for Shiryuu that it would be the end for Blackbeard pirates there.It makes me wonder if he prepared himself for everything.Oda definitely doesnt want Blackbeard to become a typical narutard god character.

But then I remember how badly he got hurt from Ace before that fight and how he destroyed him easily in a serious mood later on.Now we remembered that Blackbeard's only a human, it is time for him to make the big bad finisher move that will shake the world...

Bow before captain buggy.The ultimate floor mapping cabin boy of Roger Pirates!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Phenomenal (Post 2482529)

Yeah yeah who cares...Just go ahead and try to flamebait people with your weekly whitebeard teh strongest arguments and get out of this place.

Red-Haired_Shanks 2009-06-30 14:55

I wanted to know more about why they call him Shiryuu of the Rain...
I was hoping they would've demonstrated that a little before the Arc was done...
As far as what Blackbeard is looking for...
Obviously he's going to release a prisoner from Level 6...
Impel Down a prison so I think that's obvious...(even though I could be wrong)

So on that note I'm going to make a prediction...
I think Blackbeard is going to release one of the Silver Medalist that was once Whitebeard's equal (or once rivaled his power) to take Whitebeard down...
Because for 1, I seriously doubt someone that strong would become Blackbeard's underling... And 2, Whitebeard's fall (or the World Government's fall) is the only thing that can shake the whole word right now..

I hope they go into Ace's and Luffy's childhood too, I want to know more about their Mom and this mystery person, Dadan.

Freya 2009-06-30 14:56

lol @ buggy. sooner or later hes gonna be like "omg....fml"

Rainbowman 2009-06-30 15:27

Here's my summary:

Mini-story: Franky arriving at a house. His part of the mini-story could take longer to finish according to the curiosity involved.

Main Story: As expected Shiryuu proves himself the traitor of Impel Down by healing Blackbeard. As to getting the prisoners from level 6, my guess is that Blackbeard would be rounding them up because those prisoners still hold their grudges with Whitebeard. I'm also guessing that Blackbeard and all the prisoners of level 6 would arrive at the climax of the war.

That part of Buggy getting the fame he deserves is somewhat unneccessary in moving the story along.

As for Ace arriving at the execution grounds, it seems the trap is set for Whitebeard to attack.

james0246 2009-06-30 16:48

It seems that the marines either send info that Luffy and company listen or they literally call Luffy and company up (I'm not sure how this is done, maybe a den den mushi on the ship?), and confirm that Luffy and Buggy are the two masterminds of the escape (considering that they were the original 2), and then start exalting Buggy making him look like a mastermind that has been bidding his time before unleashing his might on the Grand Line (or something to this effect).

Based on this new info, I'm going to make a prediction - Buggy will become the new Yonkou. The WG will fear his past (associations with Roger, Whitebeard, Shanks and Rayleigh, and now Ace), and will consequently consider him to be a greater threat between the two (Luffy and Buggy)...:).

Red-Haired_Shanks 2009-06-30 17:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by james0246 (Post 2482820)
It seems that the marines either send info that Luffy and company listen or they literally call Luffy and company up (I'm not sure how this is done, maybe a den den mushi on the ship?), and confirm that Luffy and Buggy are the two masterminds of the escape (considering that they were the original 2), and then start exalting Buggy making him look like a mastermind that has been bidding his time before unleashing his might on the Grand Line (or something to this effect).

Based on this new info, I'm going to make a prediction - Buggy will become the new Yonkou. The WG will fear his past (associations with Roger, Whitebeard, Shanks and Rayleigh, and now Ace), and will consequently consider him to be a greater threat between the two (Luffy and Buggy)...:).

Yeah, I actually prefer Buggy over Blackbeard.
That statement actually makes sense, because I been wondering how can Shanks and Buggy been close comrades and received the same training and be so much weaker than Shanks....
So I'm actually glad to hear that Buggy isn't that weak of a character...
Even though going off what we have seen so far its kind of hard to think of Buggy as anything other than a weak character...
But maybe he's one of those characters that acts weak because he simply wants to or something to that effect...
It actually seems to be a contradiction in Buggy's character...
In the flashback, Him and Shanks didn't seem to be afraid to fight Whitebeard even though they were so young....
But when he saw Ace, he was scared straight