AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Muramasa: The Demon Blade (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=85016)

Striding Cloud 2009-08-10 12:26

Muramasa: The Demon Blade

Surprised no one made a thread yet (I think...).

"Muramasa: The Demon Blade is a action role playing game developed by Vanillaware and published by Marvelous Entertainment in Japan, Rising Star Games in Europe, and Ignition Entertainment in North America exclusively for the Wii. The game was released Japan on April 9, 2009, and is set for release in North America on September 8, 2009, and in Europe on sometime in November 2009."

You can play as either Kisuke or Momohime:
"Kisuke, who has lost his memories, is a fugitive being chased for a crime he no longer remembers. His only desire is to find a certain katana. After defeating his arresters, he meets Yuzuruha who offers to guide his path. Meanwhile, Momohime, after being possessed by a foul swordsman, Jinkuro Izuna's soul, is forced to flee her castle and accept Jinkuro's offer to complete his plan."

taken from wikipedia :p http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Muramasa:_The_Demon_Blade

Pretty much a 2-D side-scroller, much like Odin Sphere.

From what I've read you can have 3 different kinds of swords "on you" at a time (out of the over 100 swords). They are categorized into 1 of 2 groups. Tachi and Ōdachi. Tachi is a small, more agile and swift sword. Ōdachi is bigger, slower, but a more damaging sword. Each sword has its own special attack/technique, and your sword has a durability bar, which overuse results in it breaking and renders it useless for a short period before it regenerates.

I believe the game will retain its Japanese audio and will have English Subtitles in the North American release due to it being heavily influenced by Japanese mythology.

Thoughts? =]

HayashiTakara 2009-08-10 14:15

I'm just waiting for the release. I was a huge huge Odin Sphere fan. The story in that game was epic.

Striding Cloud 2009-08-10 15:56

Haha, yeah. Have Odin Sphere, sadly no system to play -_-

Was just captivated by both the art and gameplay from Odin Sphere.

Can't wait for this game though, so going to get it on the first day.

Shiroth 2009-08-10 16:13

This is my must play game of the year, easily. Odid Sphere is one of my greatest gaming experiences, and i just know Muramasa will join those rankings. Do need Wii first, though i'd easily get one just for this game.

Kyero Fox 2009-08-10 16:14

yay another game with kids being OP. Cant wait :D

Striding Cloud 2009-08-10 17:06

I wonder how they are going to use the motion technology of the Wii-mote in this. Although Game-cube and Classic Controller modes are also present. Maybe swing your wii-mote to attack like in Twilight Princess? or just spam A to do your normal combo =O

HayashiTakara 2009-08-10 17:37

I dunno, but I cant wait to use the ninja girl :D

Shadow Kira01 2009-08-10 20:49

Looks great!!

Unfortunately, its on the Wii..

~ Lawliet ~ 2009-08-10 20:53

Odin Sphere was an amazing game, so will be preordering Muramasa.
Have really really been looking forward to Muramasa for long now.

Tamad 2009-09-03 19:15

Well the game is coming out tomorrow (or today, for some of us lucky hooligans), and I honestly can't wait! Anyone else plan on picking it up, and did anyone else pre-order from Gamestop for the lovely wallscroll? I'll definitely give my first impressions once I get a few hours in tomorrow, but until then... I have to go mentally prepare myself for the trip back to the Genroku era.

Xion Valkyrie 2009-09-03 21:37

Waiting for the HD version to come out on either the 360 or PS3 (hopefully).

Narona 2009-09-04 08:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Kira01 (Post 2573153)
Looks great!!

Fortunately, its on the Wii..

Fixed :D

Really looks great.

Shiroth 2009-09-04 08:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xion Valkyrie (Post 2623636)
Waiting for the HD version to come out on either the 360 or PS3 (hopefully).

Yeah i'm hoping for a future PS3 release. Still i am rather tempting to buy a Wii just for this game. There are a few other titles i wouldn't mind experiencing, so it's very tempting. Plus it's released here in November.

Just heard about the wallscroll. Hoping one of you will take a picture of it for me. :p

Kusa-San 2009-09-04 09:07

Raaah I need this game :upset: Why, us, europeean are always the last one :T_T: And I don't think there will be a PS3 release or an Xbox360 release :heh:

Tamad 2009-09-04 18:14

Went over to get my copy today, and it turns out that I was the only one to pre-order it. :eyebrow: Gamestop scared me when they said they didn't have any wallscrolls since only pne person placed a pre-order, but with a little luck it turns out that I got my destined prize after all. Can't wait to start playing it now, and I'll probably start playing through Momohime's story first. :)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 2624716)
Just heard about the wallscroll. Hoping one of you will take a picture of it for me. :p

Your wish has been granted. It's a really long wallscroll, so I divided the images into sections.

Front side:
Front cover
Momohime and Kisuke
Torahime and Kongiku
Yuzuruha and Jinkuro Izuna
Yukinojyo Yagyu

Back side:
Enemies 1
Enemies 2
Enemies 3 and character models
Backgrounds

The whole shebang.

HayashiTakara 2009-09-04 23:11

Games like this rarely if ever make it on multiplatform. Theres so many good games coming out on the Wii, my sympathies to those who don't have one.

Striding Cloud 2009-09-05 01:57

Wow, is that wallscroll only from pre-ordered, because if it is, omg I NEED it =O

Shiroth 2009-09-05 03:35

Oh my, oh my that wallscroll. I'm gonna have my fingers crossed, and keep them like that hoping that the release here comes with one.

Thanks a lot for the pictures Tamad. :)

~ Lawliet ~ 2009-09-07 19:29

Tomorrow's the day.
Can hardly last any longer now.

Striding Cloud 2009-09-08 15:09

Anyone in Canada try to get the POB yet? Not sure, I did pre-order but EB hasn't called me back about the shipment coming in yet.

Edit: Well apparently there is no POB, I'm going to go pick up my copy so I'll update after