AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   The A-Team (2010) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=90521)

Samari 2010-01-09 00:47

The A-Team (2010)

I loved the original series, but this new adaption looks like it's going to be disappointing. I think they tried too hard using modern day actors looking exactly like the original cast. The effects look cool though, and Liam Neeson is one of my favorite actors. With that being said there is only one thing left for me to mention: DUN DA DUN DUN...

Mystique 2010-01-09 22:51

DUN DA DUUUUUN!
If Mr T's not in it, there is no A-team as far as I'm concerned.

Hollywood/America rehashing things that were aired in their original stories a mere 20 years ago is annoying, not to mention boring. (New Knightrider seres...)
Will be giving this a miss and rather download the old eps if I felt the urge to hit memory lane.
Maybe teens will like this since there's no reference to the original series for them?

cheyannew 2010-01-09 23:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystique (Post 2860799)
Maybe teens will like this since there's no reference to the original series for them?

Unless of course you're MY kids, and your mother subjects you to watching old cartoons/shows from her childhood :)

I think they too wish they could forget He-Man hahahaha

Samari 2010-01-09 23:52

Quote:

DUN DA DUUUUUN!

Hollywood/America rehashing things that were aired in their original stories a mere 20 years ago is annoying, not to mention boring. (New Knightrider seres...)
Will be giving this a miss and rather download the old eps if I felt the urge to hit memory lane.

Yeah it's really hard to replace Mr.T. But you have to see the movie. Because it's the A-Team. And there is no plan B.

justinstrife 2010-01-10 00:03

Uhhh no. I grew up watching the original series, and this just is crap IMO. Shooting down aircraft via the turret on a tank as it's falling from the sky? GMAFB. Why does Hollywood always pull this crap?

Samari 2010-01-10 00:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinstrife (Post 2860896)
Uhhh no. I grew up watching the original series, and this just is crap IMO. Shooting down aircraft via the turret on a tank as it's falling from the sky? GMAFB. Why does Hollywood always pull this crap?

Oh come on. You know that kind of mantra would always happen in the A-Team. They would always build something ridiculous that shouldn't work, but made it actually successful. Stephen J. Cannell is on board with the project, so you know it's legitimate in terms of having that old school feel.

justinstrife 2010-01-10 01:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samari (Post 2860908)
Oh come on. You know that kind of mantra would always happen in the A-Team. They would always build something ridiculous that shouldn't work, but made it actually successful. Stephen J. Cannell is on board with the project, so you know it's legitimate in terms of having that old school feel.

That's not my problem. My problem is a tank falling from the wreckage of a destroyed transport plane, and Face or whoever it was mans the turret to shoot down an enemy aircraft while the tank is falling.

Samari 2010-01-10 01:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinstrife (Post 2860980)
That's not my problem. My problem is a tank falling from the wreckage of a destroyed transport plane, and Face or whoever it was mans the turret to shoot down an enemy aircraft while the tank is falling.

Right, and I just told you something like that happening, even though it's total BS and would never work, occurred in almost every episode of the original A-Team series.

justinstrife 2010-01-10 12:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samari (Post 2860997)
Right, and I just told you something like that happening, even though it's total BS and would never work, occurred in almost every episode of the original A-Team series.

No they didn't. :uhoh:

Sure they built tanks out of wrecked trucks in abandoned mines, but that's not the same thing at all.

Samari 2010-01-10 21:45

Quote:

Originally Posted by justinstrife (Post 2861525)
No they didn't. :uhoh:

Sure they built tanks out of wrecked trucks in abandoned mines, but that's not the same thing at all.

It's pretty much the same principal. The variables are different, but the approach is the same, and isn't that far off in my opinion.

Tiberium Wolf 2010-01-10 21:59

I seriously don't see how they are going to get the feel out of the old series. The new Knight rider series is so lame. That one no good. Let's see how this one turn out. But then again this going to be movie not series.

Spectacular_Insanity 2010-01-10 22:04

Quote:

QFTMFT. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Vexx 2010-01-10 22:44

Ah, the ever-accelerating spin of Hollywood eating itself continues... what's next, "My Mother the Car"?

ergh.... back to Dragon Age: Origins where I can direct my own entertainment....

Neat Hedgehog 2010-01-10 23:41

Mr. T even turned down the chance to have a cameo, so I have to assume it's because this move will be terrible.

Still, Hollywood isn't 100% desperate just yet. It could be worse. Sure, they've remade "Death Race 2000" and want a remake of "Escape From New York," and they're even going to let Steve Carr direct the "Short Circuit" remake, all of which are terrible decisions. But the way you'll know that they're really scraping bottom is when they green-light a remake of "Rolling Vengeance."

Samari 2010-01-10 23:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog (Post 2862285)
Mr. T even turned down the chance to have a cameo, so I have to assume it's because this move will be terrible.

Still, Hollywood isn't 100% desperate just yet. It could be worse. Sure, they've remade "Death Race 2000" and want a remake of "Escape From New York," and they're even going to let Steve Carr direct the "Short Circuit" remake, all of which are terrible decisions. But the way you'll know that they're really scraping bottom is when they green-light a remake of "Rolling Vengeance."

It's possible he thought that he believed that a cameo from him just wasn't a good idea.

And to be fair, it's the first true A-Team "movie". Sure it doesn't have the original actors or whatever, but there has never been an A-Team full length feature.

Mystique 2010-01-10 23:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spectacular_Insanity (Post 2862172)
QFTMFT. I couldn't have said it better myself.

*high fives*
Quote:

Originally Posted by Neat Hedgehog (Post 2862285)

It's called common sense.
When you had a good thing and it has run it's natural course, you leave it be. Why tarnish the memories of your co-workers and that one awesome moment in time with trying to resurrect a clone in another age of time?
Glad he rejected it, I assume he's more than satisfied with his time and isn't desperate (alike a few other Hollywood actors) to bring back the past in attempt to recapture glory.

It's probably easier for the main 1 man star team like Rambo and Die Hard 4.0, but there were 4 actors there, all with their own unique charm.
It was probably a 'one for all and all for one' deal in his mind perhaps.
Quote:

We're in the era of "sticking a number in front of a movie title" for almost an entire decade, I'd say they've hit near rock bottom for a long while and as Vexx so eloquently put it:
Quote:

Ah, the ever-accelerating spin of Hollywood eating itself continues... what's next, "My Mother the Car"?
It is a major dose of regurgitation, ugh...

But to leave it to the man himself to say it better than anyone can:

Neat Hedgehog 2010-01-10 23:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samari (Post 2862290)
And to be fair, it's the first true A-Team "movie". Sure it doesn't have the original actors or whatever, but there has never been an A-Team full length feature.

And with good reason. As much as I like the old A-Team series, it was never designed to run longer than its timeslot. There just isn't enough there to make it work as a movie.

I figure it will probably be like a lot of other movie resurrections of TV series. It will either fail because it tries to imitate a show that was never meant to have more than 50 minutes of screen time at once, or it will actually manage to be decent by holding virtually no similarity to the original material aside from backstory (which might actually be an interesting show in itself) and character names, in which case it's not really "The A-Team" anymore. So people will either hate it because it's too much like the original show and comes off as outdated, or people will hate it because they liked the old series, and that's not what they're going to get. It's sorta doomed even if it is good, unless it's really good.

Takeru 2010-01-11 04:45

Anyone else remember the theme for Full Metal Panic: Fumoffu being a knock-off of the A-Team theme? All of my DVDs have it for the menu music and I laugh every time.

As far as I'm concerned, it's either Mr. T or no dice.

AnimeFan188 2010-01-11 05:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystique (Post 2862305)
*high fives*

But to leave it to the man himself to say it better than anyone can:

When PITYing the foo's just isn't enough:

http://video.adultswim.com/robot-chi...htin-foos.html

:) :) :)

Xion Valkyrie 2010-01-11 17:53

I guess it's just much easier to remake something that already has a lot of popularity attached to the name than it is to come up with something new. Such a shame though.