AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Attack on Titan (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=129)
-   -   Attack on Titan - L-E-V-I a.k.a Recon Corps (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=121231)

monir 2013-08-03 22:40

Attack on Titan - L-E-V-I a.k.a Recon Corps

Recon Corps is the branch of the military who specializes in combating the Titans from the front line. Levi, the captain ultimate, is the face of this very elite group. This thread is dedicated to discussing everything involving this special group of people whose ultimate purpose is to avoid humanity's extinction and reclaim the world they have lost.

The thread will be open to everyone. That said, however, all spoilers must be enclosed in clearly marked spoiler tags. I should also point out that excessive usage of spoiler tags can thwart any discussion in any thread because not everyone clicks on spoiler tags, so for a flowing discussion where everyone can participate, anime-only and manga readers alike, avoid spoilers whenever it is viable.

Be polite to each other and enjoy the discussion.

monir 2013-08-18 08:06

Episode 19 showed the kind of leadership Levi brings to the Corps. I'm now officially a Levi fanboy. At a first glance, he came off as someone who rose through the ranks due to his sheer ability as a titan-killer and nothing else. Episode 19 shows the dynamics he brings to the leadership position. I was very impressed when he pretty much told Eren to do whatever he felt was the correct thing to do despite the fact the plan to lead the female titan to the location of the ambush depended on Eren's staying mobile.

Recon Corps epitomizes humanity's desperation (and their flaw) so perfectly.

Iron Maw 2013-08-18 19:47

I really agree. As stated in this week episode thread, 19 showed why Levi has the respect he does from people like Petra despite the hardass mask he tends to wear. It only makes me even more curious about his rather shady past before he met Erwin and joined up with the army.

peskylemur25 2013-08-19 12:44

something is strange?

I am just curious as to how long has the scouting legion has been establish? Because according to the anime this is the 57th expedition, but the wall has been establish for 100 years, so there must had been 1 expedition ever 2 years?

Iron Maw 2013-08-20 00:54

Little clarification here. The Walled people haven't been attacked for over a 100 years, not that the Walls have only existed for that long. As for the missions it's hard to establish a time-frame since don't know how often the Scouts go out, but I don't find that number unbelievable. I'm sure they have expeditions more than every 2 years though.

JamJackEvo 2013-08-20 01:36

No, I think what was meant when they said The 57th Expedition is their 57th attempt at going out of the safety of Wall Rose and into the Titan-infested Wall Maria.

I'm pretty sure the Scouting Legion had their own number of expeditions beyond Wall Maria, but somebody in the top tier must've decided that there should be a separation between the expedition beyond Wall Rose and Wall Maria. Maybe something to help the logs have more clarity and incite once someone in the future realizes that retaking Wall Maria took XX number of expeditions, X amount of years, and XXXX number of casualties.

That, or maybe the 3DMG was invented some decades after the humans migrated into the 3 Walls, so the expeditions are probably just once a year (if they're lucky and their numbers are adequate). An expedition still requires a lot of manpower.

NoemiChan 2013-08-20 02:04

By the the looks of this thread, the Recon Corp is synonymous already of the name Levi.... though he isn't the current leader of the Corp... or is he????

peskylemur25 2013-08-20 07:12

So I am new at this so I can't do that quote thing yet red hair lady. But in one of
of the episode they stated the there oldest record of titan appearing was 107 year ago. So the year was 743, and then then 2 year later the wall were completed 745. Then 100 year of peace so 845, and the current time is 850. So if what blond lady said was true then it make more sense. But if not then I am really confuse.

MrTerrorist 2013-08-21 12:07

Levi the pole dancer.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

chikkychappy 2013-08-25 01:27

irvin smith
the true soul of the scouting legion

monir 2013-08-25 02:04

Quote:

Originally Posted by MrTerrorist (Post 4801537)
Levi the pole dancer.

Dynamic tag cannot be rendered. (PrintableThread)

Wonder if she is accepting marriage proposal......! Will have a pole installed in the living room if proposal accepted.

Go Levi! :love:

Drake 2013-08-27 12:54

Recon Corps for life yo.

http://img18.imageshack.us/img18/4067/9e0x.jpg

Mouretsu 2013-08-27 19:46

^ Where'd you get that?

Drake 2013-08-28 19:04

A shop in HK called ebairsoft, they do all the different corps too.

They are velcro backed as opposed to the usual heat or sow on affair.

Eragon 2013-09-23 12:29

Levi and Irvin really steal the show after introduction. Levi especially.
I will effin' kill Miss-obsessed if Levi dies because of that ankle injury.

darklegends8 2013-09-23 13:24

Levi is overrated, can't wait for him to die.

Ragna92 2013-09-23 15:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklegends8 (Post 4842762)

Lol someone sounds a little jealous.

I doubt the author is going to kill off the most popular character in the series. Fans wouldn't be too pleased.

DevilHighDxD 2013-09-23 16:01

If you were given the opportunely to join the Recon Crops, will you have the ballz of gigantic mega ultra iron steel to join it? For me I rather fight BETA than titan.

peskylemur25 2013-09-23 21:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by darklegends8 (Post 4842762)

Give me some back story and one more epic battle then die. But I don't want that to happen. Him dying I mean.

haru_san 2013-09-26 10:55

i think everyone love him because of his voice actor dont know though =P