AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Angel Beats! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=97)
-   -   Angel Beats! - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=93464)

Pellissier 2010-04-30 07:11

Angel Beats! - Episode 5 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Angel Beats!, Episode 5.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Ice Block 2010-04-30 13:11

Wow. Now this was a good Ep. Interesting new developments.
Spoiler for Ep05:

icyhandofcrap 2010-04-30 14:34

That was a GREAT episode. Glad to see lots of character and plot development around Tenshi.

Now time to wait for subs.

Roardel 2010-04-30 16:34

Great episode.
Spoiler for episode 5:

pampz21 2010-04-30 18:27

it was great and all...and the development was average.....unlike ichiban ushiro...that super fast in development....my favorite angel beats in the new anime this winter....

Key Board 2010-04-30 20:27

Angel Beats = Let's bully the angel: the animation

Khu 2010-04-30 21:17

Fansubs are out. Mazui has them up.

HighGuard 2010-04-30 21:54

The first half of the episode was pure comedy gold. The first time she sent hinita flying it the ceiling was so unexpected I had tears coming out of my eyes from laughing so hard.

The second half is much more serious. I'm not to sure what to make of it. Even Yuri was unsure of everything. I wonder how they will respond to the new class president and his army. Yuri appeared not to want to shoot them but that may change.

BTW yuri looked very devilish this ep...

Dr. Casey 2010-04-30 22:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Key Board (Post 3028928)
Angel Beats = Let's bully the angel: the animation

:heh:

And speaking of :heh:, I liked "Then choose a better time and place." That was cold.

Definitely the best episode so far, though. I like seeing Tenshi carry out her destiny as the ultimate Woobie.

hero147 2010-04-30 22:34

Great episode. I'm starting to like Tenshi more than Yurippe more and more as the anime progresses forward.

Yui_Nyan 2010-04-30 22:38

I felt really bad for Tenshi- or rather Kanade. She's alone in that world. :upset:
Spoiler for Episode:

Traece 2010-04-30 23:08

Spoiler for Angel Beats 5, of course.:

On another note, I really do think that's the hardest I've ever laughed at an anime. Not only was it once, but it was at least four times that I cracked up as much as I possibly could. I had to pause it at least two of those times because I laughed so hard I couldn't pay attention to the story anymore. More animes need to have epic death music like that.

Goldsmith 2010-04-30 23:08

10/10

Poor Kanade....

Eater of All 2010-04-30 23:08

So it seems that the ED's lyrics aren't just directed to Yuri but are to Tenshi herself as well. A "lone rebel" huh... definitely reminds me of a certain someone in TTGL (except 9001x less manly, fortunately :p)

bigdeath 2010-04-30 23:25

I already miss Yui's rock version of the OP. :(

Jimmy C 2010-04-30 23:27

An observation, why not shoot the "ordinary" students?

serenade_beta 2010-04-30 23:53

Very good episode.Probably the first time this anime succeeded...
In the first half, Kanade's "Then choose the time and place" to the confession was probably the first time the comedy in this thing succeeded. Probably the most significant thing in this episode.

...And the second half was good seriousness.
Kanade=Angel
Yurippe=Demon
Can we switch the main heroine to Kanade anytime soon? ^^
Pretty sad seeing Kanade get absolutely nothing good this episode. The pursuit of unhappiness, yes. Another part of me enjoys this... But no change in facial expression doesn't make it fun, shame
So anyways, I'll hope that Yurippe suffers in the future for now. She does need her just desserts for causing so much pain to so many people, after all. Even if it used for comedy, can't forget how she's dealing fatal damage to those guys. But hey, you know the otaku rule, guys can't hit girls... but girls can hit guys.

Still... The teachers surely would expect something, right? I can't say teachers are like that in the real world, though Yurippe says it is like that.
After all, the STUDENT COUNCIL PRESIDENT... suddenly gets a 0 and makes fun of teachers? You must be an ant not to find this incident suspicious... There's also handwriting...
Kind of feeled forced here, this development.

As for Kanade joining the group... Well, it is an anime, after all. Lots of very good kids everywhere... If it was the real world, she'd be stabbing you with a knife for all the sabotage the group's done to her.

karuroso 2010-05-01 00:04

Yurippe should have chosen two girls from the band for the operation and made one of them confess her love for Tenshi, then another one of the girls as well and then they started one catfigh for Tenshi love, that surely would be surprising for everyone in the class =D

Anyway i hope next epi they will not surrender without fighting

CodeKyuubi 2010-05-01 00:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 3029148)
Still... The teachers surely would expect something, right? I can't say teachers are like that in the real world, though Yurippe says it is like that.
After all, the STUDENT COUNCIL PRESIDENT... suddenly gets a 0 and makes fun of teachers? You must be an ant not to find this incident suspicious... There's also handwriting...
Kind of feeled forced here, this development.

Well they're called NPCs, right? Maybe the teachers are actual, programmed NPCs that don't know how to think out of the box. I think a good portion of the student body may be actual people and not NPCs as well.

Spoiler:

Whatever the case, this episode made me bawwwww for Tenshi =(.

pagan poor 2010-05-01 00:35

I felt bad for Tenshi in the ep. Maybe she'll join the girl band now and play piano with them. :)