AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kannagi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Kannagi - Character Discussion - Zange (& Hakua) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=73888)

Pellissier 2008-11-07 01:54

Kannagi - Character Discussion - Zange (& Hakua)

The purpose of this thread is to provide a place to discuss all things Zange (& Hakua) related.
http://d.imagehost.org/0397/zange-hakua.png
To keep the discussion enjoyable for all Kannagi fans, please follow the guidelines below and stay on-topic!
Note: Please don't use this for the specifics (i.e. episode, chapter, game, etc. discussion) there are other threads for that stuff.
Thread Guidelines
  • No campaigning!
    No "hate" or "xyz must die" posts. Discuss why you do or don't like characters without whining and whining or blatantly campaigning for your favourite.

• Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    Do not insult or harass other members for their likes and dislikes. Do not take it so seriously that you end up in an argument with another forum member because they express a fondness for a character you loathe. Discussion and good spirited banter are always welcome, but harassing people will not be tolerated.

• Discuss, don't chat.
    Please remember that AnimeSuki is a discussion forum, not a chat room, there is a difference. If you wish to chat, then please make use of our IRC channel.

• Have fun, but post intelligently.
    It's great to have fun, but please try your best to add substance to what you post and make your thoughts interesting for the generation of fans that will follow after you’re long gone and on to watching some other series.

• Use Spoiler tags!
    Spoilers are allowed, but they must be enclosed in spoiler tags clearly marked with a proper title. Failure to do this can result in a BAN.

• Adding a Spoiler tag:
      Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms. Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!

• Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
      Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar. Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators to locate and deal with problems quickly.

• Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
      Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly. The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

herbert 2008-11-07 01:58

Be the first one to reply.

Spoiler for some manga reader rants:

ZangeXHakua FTW!!!

All hail Zange-chan!!!

Utau 2008-11-07 04:05

technically speaking, she is :D

until she leaves Hakua's body that is.

Quote:

ZangeXHakua FTW!!!
Takako-sempai is pleased to hear this :heh:.

in response to DaitetsuxJin.

serenade_beta 2008-11-07 13:21

Meh... Besides the more pointless characters later on, Zange is my least favorite character.
I'll have more respect for Zange after she leaves Hakua's body... Tch

Poor father... :(

stormy001_M1A2 2008-11-07 13:51

This character is too creepy for me.

herbert 2008-11-07 13:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2040151)
Meh... Besides the more pointless characters later on, Zange is my least favorite character.
I'll have more respect for Zange after she leaves Hakua's body... Tch

Sounds you are a manga reader? How far are you up to?

I know Zange is not sort of character who is sweet and innocent that make all people like. But...
Spoiler for manga info.:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utau (Post 2039481)
technically speaking, she is :D

As long as Zange is the one in charge, it never gonna happen.

serenade_beta 2008-11-07 15:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by herbert (Post 2040189)
Sounds you are a manga reader? How far are you up to?

I know Zange is not sort of character who is sweet and innocent that make all people like. But...
Spoiler for manga info.:

I do follow the manga, in the volumes. Thoughts, per volume, are in the manga thread.
Spoiler:

herbert 2008-11-07 16:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2040295)
I do follow the manga, in the volumes. Thoughts, per volume, are in the manga thread.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Sterling01 2008-11-08 12:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by serenade_beta (Post 2040151)

Yes, poor father indeed...:sad:having a daughter like that.

Shadow Kira01 2008-11-11 11:23

Its rather odd..

Considering that Zange is a deity, when she takes over Hakua and use Hakua as her human vessel, shouldn't she become the new Hakua? I mean.. Why does Hakua's consciousness still exist after becoming Zange's human vessel? Perhaps, it's an indication of weakness!

Cat Megex 2008-11-11 11:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Minato (Post 2047319)
Its rather odd..

Considering that Zange is a deity, when she takes over Hakua and use Hakua as her human vessel, shouldn't she become the new Hakua? I mean.. Why does Hakua's consciousness still exist after becoming Zange's human vessel? Perhaps, it's an indication of weakness!

As far as I can tell, Zange's possession of Hakua is similar to, say, a ghost possessing someone, just more long-term.

ZODDGUTS 2008-11-11 22:10

Don't like Zange either thankfully she'll be gone one day when she lives Hakua's body. :)

herbert 2008-11-11 23:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow Minato (Post 2047319)
Its rather odd..

There can be two reasons. 1) it's about world setting, it's how things work in Kannagi universe; 2) Zange doesn't want to, she is not evil spirit or anything that sort, why destroy the old Hakua?

Vexx 2008-11-13 14:39

Hmmm, are we discussing the anime or the manga version of Zange/Hakua here?
(still a bit early to tell if there's a difference - we may get a flashback story explaining the nuances of Hakua and her dad - and how Zange took the opportunity).

"Evil" ... hmmm, Zange is ultra-motivated, just because she's an "offshoot tree" she knows she has a disadvantage but with Nagi's tree gone she has a chance. This inspires her to do things cruel and malicious to achieve her goal. She's partnered with Hakua but ultimately its more for Zange's benefit than to help Hakua though Zange rationalizes it differently. So far Hakua has mostly gone along (though the cooking episode shows Zange in no way controls her but has to persuade Hakua that they have mutually compatible goals).

Myself, I don't really "like" her ... but she's the necessary antagonist of the story and she's acting the part well.

Shinto kami are capable of "good" or "evil" (western concepts overlayed onto eastern philosophy) ... that's why it is important to pay respects to them.

Utau 2008-11-17 01:00

i'm not sure if the discussion is about anime or manga so i'm just going to say that;

Spoiler for Manga/Hakua:

JackRydden224 2008-11-18 14:22

Zange is my favorite character LOL

She kinda reminds me of Ami from Toradora, an idol who is completely different on the inside. I just love how she is the complete opposite of Nagi :)

Oh, somebody please tell me there is a beach episode coming up in the near future!

herbert 2008-11-18 20:07

Yeah, there will be a beach episode down the road.

Spoiler for beach episode:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Utau (Post 2057959)
Spoiler for manga:

Spoiler:

Samatarou 2008-11-18 22:43

No, we know in the anime that Hakua likes Jin because in ep.4 Zange is talking to Hakua and says "You want that boy, so our interests coincide, right?", and in ep.5 notes how Hakua's heart is beating fast when she's close to him. Up to this point Jin and Hakua have never interacted as such (although he has met Zange, he tells Nagi he didn't even know the girl was from his school, so Hakua's liking for him must be a crush from seeing him about, not due to any conversation they've had.)

FlareKnight 2008-11-18 22:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samatarou (Post 2061487)
No, we know in the anime that Hakua likes Jin because in ep.4 Zange is talking to Hakua and says "You want that boy, so our interests coincide, right?", and in ep.5 notes how Hakua's heart is beating fast when she's close to him. Up to this point Jin and Hakua have never interacted as such (although he has met Zange, he tells Nagi he didn't even know the girl was from his school, so Hakua's liking for him must be a crush from seeing him about, not due to any conversation they've had.)

Knowing Hakua's feelings about Jun just makes episode 7 interesting when you think about it. Quite the stunt Zange pulled there.

Vexx 2008-11-18 23:09

There's a huge difference between "crush" and "love" --- Hakua barely knows Jin (though obviously she's getting to observe him a lot lately).

I'd really like to see more of Hakua coming out (the cooking debate was intriguing).