AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   StarCraft 2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=24940)

me=D 2004-12-07 19:57

StarCraft 2

Will blizzard actually make this thing? I mean how many years has it been since sc and BW 7 years!?! I mean imo Sc was the best blizzard rts game there was even thought im playing tft now( after 2 years i stoped,noob now so i dont play anymore to much hacks also). SO what do you guys think? How long will it proby take for them to make it.Im thinking about another 3 or 4 years proby if they plan on making it.

Cornel 2004-12-07 20:16

They also had a console action game about Starcraft. You played first/3rd person (I think) as a Ghost. It was released on ps2, gamecube, x-box, but I don't think it was too populaur. It may have come out last year. So I guess you are right in thinking it the true sequel of starcraft would take a few years.
People haven't stopped playing starcraft, so I don't know if they would beat a dead horse. I am sure they wish to make the best continuation possible and will take their time.

Kamui4356 2004-12-07 20:31

As a former starcraft addict, I really hope they make a sequel. They could do so much with it. Personally I'm hoping for at least 6 races. Two races of terrans, one from earth with more advanced tech and completely new units, one from the colonies with the mainly the units we know and love. Of course the protoss and zerg with new units, but broodwars showed the xel'naga were not completely wiped out by the zerg, so they should be in it. Finally the hybrids we were introduced to in the bonus level at the end of broodwars.
well in any event, I'm not holding my breath.

7thMethuselah 2004-12-07 20:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui4356
As a former starcraft addict, I really hope they make a sequel. They could do so much with it. Personally I'm hoping for at least 6 races. Two races of terrans, one from earth with more advanced tech and completely new units, one from the colonies with the mainly the units we know and love. Of course the protoss and zerg with new units, but broodwars showed the xel'naga were not completely wiped out by the zerg, so they should be in it. Finally the hybrids we were introduced to in the bonus level at the end of broodwars.
well in any event, I'm not holding my breath.

Blizzard has repeatedly stated that they lan to add another chapter to the starcraft saga but the Warcraft universe will always have their priority. With WoW being released and Starcraft Ghost console game done, you can expect them to announce a new prject or two next year, an expansion to World of Warcraft will most likely be one of them.
Personally I really hope the make Starcraft II, that game is the one of the worst addictions I ever had :heh:

me=D 2004-12-07 20:46

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cornel
I am sure they wish to make the best continuation possible and will take their time.

I really agree with you on that the reason that its taking so long is because it was so popular and good that the sequeal has to be even better.

WindStriker 2004-12-07 21:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by 7thMethuselah
Blizzard has repeatedly stated that they lan to add another chapter to the starcraft saga but the Warcraft universe will always have their priority. With WoW being released and Starcraft Ghost console game done, you can expect them to announce a new prject or two next year, an expansion to World of Warcraft will most likely be one of them.
Personally I really hope the make Starcraft II, that game is the one of the worst addictions I ever had :heh:

Ghost has not been released yet. Its not even being developed by blizzard. Its being done by a third party developer by the name of Swingin' Ape Studios.

Link

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/528/528918p1.html

Personaly i think once wow is done they will anonce a true rts starcraft sequel. until they do i will be waiting for ghost.

Entropy 2004-12-07 21:10

As stated before I'm willing to bet that SCII will look very familiar to me...in more ways than one ;)

wsheit 2004-12-08 02:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by WindStriker
Ghost has not been released yet. Its not even being developed by blizzard. Its being done by a third party developer by the name of Swingin' Ape Studios.

Link

http://ps2.ign.com/articles/528/528918p1.html

Personaly i think once wow is done they will anonce a true rts starcraft sequel. until they do i will be waiting for ghost.

For those too lazy to follow the link, I will elaborate a little bit.....the game has been in development for several years now. It was supposed to be released last year...there were even pre-order boxes on the shelves, but Blizzard management apparently didn't like the way the game was shaping up, so they pulled the team working on it off of it. Blizzard has a great track record for making only fantastic games, so they are really careful about quality control. Anyway, another team has apparently been assigned to the project to shape things up- although I hadn't heard anything about a third party developer. Believe me- if the game had already come out, you would have heard about it.

Yeah, I'd love to see a Starcraft sequel- easily the best RTS ever made, but it has been so long that I'm not holding my breath.

gummybear 2007-04-26 17:04

StarCraft 2

http://news.portalit.net/fullnews_St...g-Up_2542.html
:bow:

darkjester 2007-04-26 18:29

*drool....

mmmm, i freaken loved the first Starcraft... definitely very much looking forward to the sequel....

mmmm Zergling rush..... Drunk Clan PWNZ ALL!!!!

Sanjuronord 2007-04-26 18:40

If true, awesome. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for Ghost so I'm not going to start holding my breath just yet. :heh:

hamiko_san 2007-04-26 19:45

10 things more, you never know.

Lebron 2007-04-26 20:54

Well, that about does it for South Korea if true

The day this comes out over there will be a National Holiday

Shinoto 2007-04-26 21:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lebron (Post 921822)
Well, that about does it for South Korea if true

The day this comes out over there will be a National Holiday

Zerg Rush of Koreans anyone?:heh: See...It is not the American at the border that make the North Koreans fear the South...It is thier Leet Skills in Zerg rushing lol

Anyways...I expect something on par with Dragon quest to DS in terms of boom

Kamui4356 2007-04-26 22:28

Finally... I've been waiting for this game for so very long.:heh: Of course when if does come out, my system probably won't be able to play it.:uhoh:

Spike420 2007-04-26 23:07

Wow i really REALLY need to upgrade my video card now

LoweGear 2007-04-26 23:13

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sanjuronord (Post 921703)
If true, awesome. Unfortunately I'm still waiting for Ghost so I'm not going to start holding my breath just yet. :heh:

Unfortunately, last I heard Ghost was on hold... indefinitely. Sad news... :(

But then the reason I'm here...

STARCRAFT 2!!!!!

*goes into overdrive mode*

It's been a long, LONG wait. :D :D :D

And just in time for Starcraft's 10th Anniversary too wouldn't you say? :)

Kaioshin Sama 2007-04-27 00:14

FINALLY! Now we finally after, how long was it, ten years or so, get to find out what happened with:

Spoiler:

Boris Moskovitz 2007-04-27 00:40

O_O

I just creamed myself. (still feelin' a bit skeptical, though >_>)

Demongod86 2007-04-27 00:50

Skeptical indeed! A kerrigan race? So what's t he difference between them and the regular good ol' zergies?

Nightengale 2007-04-27 01:06

I'm fairly sure II has a way higher priority level compared to Ghost, so I'm a little optimistic. Not too much though... or I may just ended up dissapointed FFXII style.

Hopefully it'll be out after I get my old-defunct PC upgraded though...

Still, from the way it sounded, aside from graphical improvements (( naturally )) and several additional units left and right, there doesn't seem to be too much add-ons to the internal aspects of SC... Not that it's a bad thing though.

gummybear 2007-04-27 05:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demongod86 (Post 922075)
Skeptical indeed! A kerrigan race? So what's t he difference between them and the regular good ol' zergies?

zergs are speed brut force type attackers, they are not very good at heavy skills. Whereas the new race is going to be a race that have skills of the 3 races, but their limits is just like a terran or a zerg; very small mana pool, look at the zerg kerrigan in SC if you want to know what I mean. That means the heavy offensive race is still the toss, the ninja race still zerg, the 2 that's going to be at the middle is still terran and the new race.

There was a bunch of rumors back at the last E3 about why they cancelled Ghost, but now I see why:
Spoiler:

LoweGear 2007-04-27 06:44

Been thinking about that. If they truly are making SC2 at the moment, I think they would incorporate elements of the story of the now defunct SC Ghost, since the latter game was supposed to take place after Brood War.

*hoping to see Nova in SC2*

After the initial shock of the report, I'm still hoping that it IS SC2, and not Diablo III (despite my love of every game Blizzard). May 19 seems like a very very long way away to waiting for a confirmation.

Spike420 2007-04-27 14:15

Well starcraft 2 D3....wichever one they wanna push out first ill be happy ^_^

I don't know about sc since i don't have it installed anymore but mad peaple still play d2

Lebron 2007-04-27 15:20

wonder how long it will take SC2 to ever hit retail shelves? Going by SC Ghost, I'm guessing, sometime in 2010 :P

Yup, I'm a party pooper.

*skips off*

Demongod86 2007-04-27 16:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear (Post 922283)
zergs are speed brut force type attackers, they are not very good at heavy skills. Whereas the new race is going to be a race that have skills of the 3 races, but their limits is just like a terran or a zerg; very small mana pool, look at the zerg kerrigan in SC if you want to know what I mean. That means the heavy offensive race is still the toss, the ninja race still zerg, the 2 that's going to be at the middle is still terran and the new race.

That's absolutely untrue. In fact, the zerg have some of the most evil casting abilities around. Carrier fleet? Plague! Oops, all carriers are irreperably reduced to 1 HP!

Darkswarm=lalalala can't hit my hydralisks!

gummybear 2007-04-27 17:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Demongod86 (Post 922847)
That's absolutely untrue. In fact, the zerg have some of the most evil casting abilities around. Carrier fleet? Plague! Oops, all carriers are irreperably reduced to 1 HP!

Darkswarm=lalalala can't hit my hydralisks!

1) it takes X secounds to reduce a unit to 1 hp, where X = the hp of the unit. Besides, I do expect them to be dead anyway so I would of already got replacements on the way.
2) want to compare evil? try reaver harasement drops during pvp
3) carriers are for pvc and noob pvp, about anything can rape carriers or use single minded tactics like that.
4) darkswarm? say hi to clone inside the cloud to distract you while I sent in my dt or zlots for some anal punishments.
5) if you put 12 fully upgraded zealots (the first basic units) vs 12 fully upgraded hydra (the 2nd teched units), the zealots will come out on top hands down. Same results with the marines or firebats.

the only reason why I said zergs are ninjas is because they got speed on their side, if it wasn't for their fast unit making speed and/or travel. If I play 4v4 no rule and I am a zerg, count on me finishing at least 1 person in less than 5 minute into the game.

Quote:

hoping to see Nova in SC2
Spoiler for DROPING DA BOMB ON YA:

Demongod86 2007-04-28 02:40

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear (Post 922931)
1) it takes X secounds to reduce a unit to 1 hp, where X = the hp of the unit. Besides, I do expect them to be dead anyway so I would of already got replacements on the way.
2) want to compare evil? try reaver harasement drops during pvp
3) carriers are for pvc and noob pvp, about anything can rape carriers or use single minded tactics like that.
4) darkswarm? say hi to clone inside the cloud to distract you while I sent in my dt or zlots for some anal punishments.
5) if you put 12 fully upgraded zealots (the first basic units) vs 12 fully upgraded hydra (the 2nd teched units), the zealots will come out on top hands down. Same results with the marines or firebats.

the only reason why I said zergs are ninjas is because they got speed on their side, if it wasn't for their fast unit making speed and/or travel. If I play 4v4 no rule and I am a zerg, count on me finishing at least 1 person in less than 5 minute into the game.

Spoiler for DROPING DA BOMB ON YA:

You have a carrier fleet, say 8. You just got hit with a plague.

4800/2000 down the drain right there. (Counting 8x int cost)

Reaver drop PVP? If the other guy is good, he'll have 2 photons defending the mineral line. It's stupidity to leave your workers undefended.

Yes, zergs are like undeads. They rush in, kill shit, and get out, and easily replace what they lost.

Nova as Kerrigan's sister? Oh god...cue more Raynor angst!

DieH@rd 2007-04-29 05:37

Well, we will found out... in just 20 days. :)

Jazzrat 2007-04-29 10:16

in the meantime, you can always go watch some korean starcraft league match on the tube.

As happy as i m that blizzard is finally going to make SC2, it's still blizzard. Possibility of delays and cancellation is always there so, it's really not good for my health to get too excited over it yet :(

Scourge87 2007-04-30 12:34

I've been waiting ever since I played StarCraft in Junior high(and in class too!) Now there's SC2! I feel whole again! This is the most perfect thing to come out with since SC: Ghost was halted. My god, let it bring joy to the world! HAHAHAHAHA!:heh:

Is there any screen shots yet?

Spike420 2007-05-01 02:23

Well if i ever learned anything from playing Lunar that theres alwase hope...and i hope theres no delays in SC2...well inless D3 is the reason...

gummybear 2007-05-01 10:29

it's not going to be D3 for many reasons:

1) they only recently got the team that made SC back, the team that made D1 and D2 is the people that left Blizzard to form their own company, who are now the makers of GuildWar. Since they are producting GW2 atm, I highly doubt they will drop it and go back. The SC team did form their own company but then they crash and burned their company with some game that they tried to make to top off SC1.

2) if they do make D3, it would be self completing with another product that they are milking; WOW. Therefore, they will not kill their plans like that.

3) during the last E3, after the marketing guys decleared that D3 WILL NOT BE ON X360 EVEN IN THEIR DREAMS, the marketing said: "D3 isn't their next product within the timeframe of that system, there is a higher chance that you would see World of SC than D3."

4) for being the greedy bas**** that Blizzard turned into now, I think they would make another world of _______ just to get people to pay, instead of still using the free bnet for that purpose.

5) SC2 will make a good stepping stone to World of SC, DIPS ON THE NAME "The guy that dies first" as Firebat!

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20060616.jpg

Jazzrat 2007-05-01 10:42

Quote:

4) for being the greedy bas**** that Blizzard turned into now, I think they would make another world of _______ just to get people to pay, instead of still using the free bnet for that purpose.
It's the current trend of gaming industry at the moment. Lots of studios are and were doing MMORPGs development... for every one that gets released, there's 3 that goes belly up before beta testing. Can't really blame the MMO boom in the industry if you compare how profitable a MMO is compare to the usual games.

Anyway, i doubt Blizzard will make another MMO when WoW remains a viable cash cow for them. It'll be another few years down the track before they need to consider another replacement for WoW. Having 2 MMO that thrives on overlapping fanbase of your previous product is silly when the majority of the gamers will only subscribe to one at a time.

felix 2007-05-01 15:29

http://www.penny-arcade.com/images/2006/20060616.jpg

OMFG.. this is just too damn funny.
Took me a few minutes just to take in some air to be able to post.
That "They just stop peeing." is just too much. looolzzz http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g1...20Smile/xd.gif *tears running from eyes*

-----------
Gummy, what was that game that you pointed to in 1) that the original SC team tried to make to top SC.

wsheit 2007-05-01 17:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cats (Post 928366)
Gummy, what was that game that you pointed to in 1) that the original SC team tried to make to top SC.

I was gonna ask the same thing. It does worry me, though, if the game was a failure.

Deathkillz 2007-05-01 17:41

Quote:

Originally Posted by gummybear (Post 928036)

admitdly i was an "addict" to some degree to WoW (though i have been cured) so i can relate to that...funny as i never had any trouble peeing...i guess i wasnt hardcore enough :heh:

well its about time that SC2 is in production ~ lets just hope that the chances for WoSC is -1 though :3

felix 2007-05-01 18:29

No the joke is that World of Starcraft (as it's writen on the door in the first slide) will be then (2009) the end of peoples social life. And let's face it, starcraft had way more succes then Bliz's warcraft francise, it's inevitable. Besides, Starcraft 2, all it needs is the name and Made by Blizzard logo on it, and it might as well be wrapped in toilet paper.

I don't think it's even feasably posible for it to be bashed down, even if it's for say a worthless piece of crap. For the first month or so it's going to be over-rated and overpraised like hell.

I hope Blizz won't do what's being rumored, basicly a simple upgrade to 3D and 2-3 extra units. Dammit I want new everything. I know a lot of pro's out there would love this, but I know it's just going to be so damn boring after the first 50hours or so. If you look back now at starcraft some of the things are just too cheezy for todays world. Like the hippy motorbike dude or the vespane gas sprouting out of metal plates.. lets not even talk about the ginormous flat surfaced space stations, or the way the lurker attack looks and works, did I mention zergs tongue defence. :heh: And then there are just these graphics things like, burning terran buildings, like bunkers and such.

It's going to be intresting if they make it 3d, one of the things that was really intresting in a 3D starcraft would be the buildings. I mean let's not kid ourselvs who can imagine a 3D version of the protos stargate. Or how exactly that first level 2 building were you build observers is suppose to work. There's a little magic in the 2D ambiguity.

gummybear 2007-05-01 22:26

Sorry, to tell you the truth, I only read the name of the game once in GamePro a long time ago, so I don't remember, but it was still using space theme.
SO SOWWIE! :sad:

Anyways, I think if they want to push out World of SC, it would be some time behind SC2 at one or two years. I think it's more real for SC2 to come out in 2009 and WoSC to be some time in 201X. WoW if the cash cow for now for them to milk, but like I said about how SE want to milk FFXIII for 10 years; dreams on! Cash cows are not infinite. WOW is at it's peak of prime right now, that means down hill slide will be next.

PSSHHHH, PEEING IS FOR THE WEAK! So is eating, sleeping and pooping!

celcius 2007-05-01 22:36

Never knew Guardians / Devourers were considered 'fast and weak'. :) But then, I'm no pro SC player so yeah.
Carriers die if a mob of Hydras get in range. Add in a Defiler and it'll go even smoothly. And Carriers take forever to assemble, it's either BGH or the zerg really took his time.
And no SC MMO please. MMOs just suck the life (and cash) out of anyone playing them. More skill based games and less time-based games please Blizzard.