AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Haruhi Suzumiya (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52)
-   -   Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions/General Speculation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=31035)

Catgirls 2006-04-13 10:49

Future Episode Synopses/Series Predictions/General Speculation

Original text © xris

This thread is for future speculation of the Suzumiya Haruhi anime. The main purpose is to keep such discussion away from the episode discussion threads and so avoid serious spoilers.

Acceptable post topics
Personal theories, speculation, guesses and such.
Posting magazine previews (such as from Animage).

Please make sure you use spoiler tags when making posts concerning the second and third topics above! Also provide where the source of such speculation come from if at all possible (i.e. "Animeage", or "Game") and identify any spoiler tags with the use of the subject title (see the paragraph below how to do this). Untagged spoilers are risking a ban for the poster, please use the Report button http://forums.animesuki.com/images/buttons/report.gif if you see any unmarked spoilers.

If you don't know how to use a spoiler tag, please read the BB Code FAQ.

Spoiler tag examples
[spoiler] Text to be hidden [/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler:

[spoiler=subject title] Text to be hidden [/spoiler] becomes
Spoiler for subject title:

Enjoy. :)

sophismata 2006-04-13 11:17

As I posted earlier, here is my theory regarding Kyon.

It is my belief that "Kyon" is only real sofar as it relates to Haruhi; I think Haruhi has created Kyon and that is why some details, such as his name, seem non-existant; the creation is not that deep.

Of course, it's just speculation on my part.

panzerfan 2006-04-13 13:21

fufufu...
Spoiler:

nihaha. :P I am not saying anything more than that.

Shadowscar 2006-04-13 14:28

ahhh how is it possible to predict this show this is a cruel cruel joke lol :P

although sophismata idea sounds cool he has had to much class room interaction for that to be of her imagination :(

For some reason i can see the SOS group going against the school and doing alot of very unqiue things :)

melange 2006-04-13 16:27

Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan
fufufu...
Spoiler:

nihaha. :P I am not saying anything more than that.

Spoiler:

In any case, going more non-spoilerish and pointing out some things shown/hinted at in the episodes themselves for others to ponder about...

Haruhi pre-Kyon and post-Kyon seem almost like two different people... its almost like she's been waiting for someone to feed her those ideas.

Deiwos 2006-04-13 16:58

While watching first ep for the 3rd time I guess I've found something interesting.

As we all know special effects in Mikurus movie aren't impressive (actually they are crappy :rolleyes: )

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...h_bscap443.jpg

But at the end of the episode on the rooftop scene, the blue lights coming from Itsukis barrier/shield (or whatever it should be called) are suprisingly well made.

http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...h_bscap441.jpg http://s22.photobucket.com/albums/b3...h_bscap440.jpg

Isn't this suspicious ?

I just wanted to share with my observation. I guess that people who read the novels, actually know how to explain this " phenomenon "
Anyways I will humbly wait for some more episodes to exactly find this out by myself. (I have already read too much spoilers ^^; )

Pakxenon 2006-04-13 19:06

Man. I was wondering what's up with Itsuki going all DBZ while Mikuru's Beam Attack was just crappy editting.

Then you've got Yuki flying in the sky... but she's apparently still here, so that's either amateur editting or she came back from space, being a magic alien and all.

Vexx 2006-04-13 19:36

Kyon's "attack" at the end of the show showed surprising levels of sfx :)
That and a few other foreshadow clues mean this show is probably going to get very surreal. Disclaimer - I've not read any of the source material and in fact intend to avoid it until after the series.

Radiosity 2006-04-13 19:46

Surreal indeed. Take the cat for example. It was talking. It even surprised the rest of them because it's supposed to keep it's mouth shut it seems. The comment '...and that was ventriloquism' certainly seems to hint that it was indeed the cat talking, and the rest of them shushing him gave a clue of course ;)

sophismata 2006-04-13 22:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadowscar
although sophismata idea sounds cool he has had to much class room interaction for that to be of her imagination :(

Oh, he's a real person. I'm not saying he's a figment of Haruhi's imagination, but rather, I think he was created, in a way, by Haruhi...

He matches her perfectly, enthusiasm and cynicism, joy and nonchalance... as someone said, it's like he's the key, or the trigger...

Pakxenon 2006-04-13 22:38

Haruhi throwing tennis ball at roof: She's trying to call aliens.
Haruhi stalking around the pool: She's going to create a vortex to another world.

o_____O

Mareel 2006-04-13 23:24

I just wanna see suzumiya wearing a hat made out of tin to protect from alien mind reading waves.

Sushi-Y 2006-04-14 01:33

Quote:

Originally Posted by Radiosity
Surreal indeed. Take the cat for example. It was talking. It even surprised the rest of them because it's supposed to keep it's mouth shut it seems. The comment '...and that was ventriloquism' certainly seems to hint that it was indeed the cat talking, and the rest of them shushing him gave a clue of course ;)

Well, they are trying to film something that's going to be seen by an audience, so it probably wouldn't be a very good idea to have a talking cat in it. Yuki's "matter-of-fact" sounding excuse is funny, but important. The most important reason for hiding all the "supernatural" happenings is so that Haruhi doesn't find out about it.

As for future directions, I think they'll finish the introduction (there's still Koizumi left), plus the initial club works ("aquisitioning" a personal computer for SOS-dan use, bunnygirl PR, etc.), and Mikuru, Yuki, and Koizumi's "important" initial events with Kyon. After that, the story will probably jump from volume 1 (憂鬱/Yuutsu, Melancoly) to volume 3 (退屈/Taikutsu, Boredom). Since timeline-wise, volume 3 comes directly after volume 1. The final events of volume 1 will probably make a good series ending instead.

melange 2006-04-14 01:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
After that, the story will probably jump from volume 1 (??/Yuutsu, Melancoly) to volume 3 (??/Taikutsu, boredom). Since timeline-wise, volume 3 comes directly after volume 1. The final events of volume 1 will probably make a good series ending instead.

Still haven't gotten to vol 3 :heh: (working on it I promise!) but I agree with the final events of vol 1 being a good series ending. It would feel pretty jarring otherwise.

Thelastguardian 2006-04-14 02:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sushi-Y
The final events of volume 1 will probably make a good series ending instead.

Maybe, but there is that Christmas+Nabe+Kyon-dresses-as-reindeer scene in the ED, which can mean that

Spoiler:

But heck, Volume 1's ending is good enough.

Onizuka-GTO 2006-04-14 14:52

does anyone know whats Itsuki full name?

Pakxenon 2006-04-14 21:16

Quote:

Originally Posted by Onizuka-GTO
does anyone know whats Itsuki full name?

Uh... Itsuki Koizumi? He's got DBZ powas. :D

Onizuka-GTO 2006-04-14 21:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pakxenon
Uh... Itsuki Koizumi? He's got DBZ powas. :D

funny :rolleyes:

anyway, how about the three sidekicks anyone got any names for them?

still looking for data to plot into the wiki.

haruhi wiki is now my life :(

melange 2006-04-16 17:30

This conversation is reproduced here from the Novels Translations Thread as the content would more suitably fit this one. Sorry for the inconvenience. :heh:
Quote:

Originally Posted by panzerfan
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

panzerfan 2006-04-16 17:37

Spoiler:

This is starting to look like what Itsuki might've said somehow...

In the meantime, does anyone recall Kasuga Ayumu? I was a little surprised when all of a sudden 'Kasuga == Haruhi' starts to string into my mind. (How I made the connection is... guess.)