AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Looking for great action/story or Hilarious comedy (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=82983)

Sakome 2009-06-20 18:04

Looking for great action/story or Hilarious comedy

I'm looking for a great series I might have missed. I love it more when fights are well choreographed/epic but I have a pretty broad taste. Mecha is all right sometimes, looking for one that isn't one unless it really is that good. For comedy anything.

Series I have seen Action

Code Geass
Fate Stay Night
To aru no Majutsu Index
Cowboy Bebop
Hellsing
Kara no Kyoukai
Nanoha
Claymore
Macross Frontier
Samurai Champloo
Tengen Toppa Gurren Lagann
Soul Eater (though only 1/2, haven't caught up yet)
Slayers (not the new one though)
Escaflowne
Ga-Rai Zero
Full Metal Alchemist
Gundam Seed/00
Sengoku Basara
My Hime/Otome
Negima

Comedy
Azumanga Daioh
Lucky Star
Seto no Hanayome
Hayate no Gotoku
Kannagi
Ouran High School Club
Zero no Tsukaima
Detroit Metal City
Love Hina

Those are the ones I can think of I've seen. Pretty big list isn't? :heh:. I stay clear of long drawn out series like Bleach, Naruto etc yuck (no offense for those that are fans). Theres a fair bit of manga I like too that I didn't list if you have any suggestions there I'm all ears. Thanks :)

jedinat 2009-06-20 19:16

Action: Shura no Toki

Comedy: Jungle wa Itsumo Hare nochi Guu

Autumn Demon 2009-06-20 20:07

action:
elfen lied
ghost in the shell

comedy:
minami-ke
school rumble
kimi ga aruji de shitsuji ga ore de

Alice Elliot 2009-06-20 20:14

Comedy:
If you liked Ouran then you will like Fruits Basket for sure. Also try Earl and Fairy.

Good action/story:
Gilgamesh has a great plot. If you are into deep storylines you'll like it.
Another one I would recommend is Juuni Kokki. It isn't all about action though and some eps might bore you if you just want action. But I think you shouldn't miss this one.
And.. Chrno Crusade is a must watch, too.
Maybe also Higurashi no Naku Koro ni. Though the first season is a bit.. bloody. But the storyline is great and it's like a puzzle. You'll be kept busy with thinking and speculating and then you'll get these nice "Amazing!" moments when you collected enough pieces ^^

From the ones you've listed I know Claymore, FMA Code Geass and Escaflowne and they belong to my favs.
From the comedy ones I've only seen Ouran but it's one of my favs in romance/comedy genre.

So maybe this will help ^^

Guardian Enzo 2009-06-20 23:09

I can think of few anime that made me laugh as hard as Minami-ke (especially the first series), Oh! Edo Rocket and Potemayo.

Sasano 2009-06-20 23:25

Strongest Disciple Kenichi : Street Fighting/Gang, with Martial Arts roots even then it still has very comedic nature.I think its has a good portion of dedication for both action and comedy.

As for more specific.

Action : Neon Genesis Evangelion,a classic, This show has a great story behind all its mecha fighting, in both Plot and character development.

Comedy : GTO , Great Teacher Onizuka is hilarious, A delinquent turned teacher its only downside(for some people) its that the animation is old all though in my opinion it still looks good considering how old it is.

And I also second School Rumble for comedy.

qwertyuiopz 2009-06-20 23:30

action

sengoku basara
full metal panic (1st season sucks though)
furi kuri (flcl)

comedy

gintama
yakitate japan
suzumiya haruhi
school rumble
rosario vampire (if u like panty shots like zero no tsukaima)
green green (if u like HENTAI LOLOL)

Sakome 2009-06-21 00:26

Ah some of the series you guys mentioned I have seen, just forgot to put in list

Evangelion
Suzumiya Haruhi
School Rumble
Elfen Lied
Ghost in the Shell
Minami-ke (1st season, couldn't get into 2nd)
Chrono Crusade
Scryed

I'll have to check out some of the ones you guys said I never heard of, thanks.

Zippicus 2009-06-21 00:27

I'll second that suggestion for Kenichi, it's a good mix of action and comedy. The action starts out a little slow but it doesn't stay that way for long.

mearii 2009-06-21 02:33

action with great story: code geass
hilarious comedy : ouran high school host club