AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (L) Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=34452)

monir 2006-07-23 21:16

Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na

http://imagesocket.com/images/10937999.jpg

Genre: ??

Expected Release Date: October 2006

This upcoming series is based on a bishoujo game by August Soft. Here is a synopsis in the following taken from AniDB
Long ago people settled down on the moon and established a kingdom there, the Sphere Kingdom. However, relations to the earth cooled down and were finally broken off since a war was fought hundreds of years ago. There isn`t any business between the two races and travelling isn`t allowed. The only link between them is to be found in the Mitsurugasaki Central Port City.

However, one day the princess of the moon kingdom, Feena Fam Arshurait, is sent on a "homestay" to the earth. She gets to stay at Asagiri Tatsuya`s house. And this is where her task of learning the customs and lifestyle of the earth begins.
ANN has a bit more information on who is designing the character and the sound production.

Kamui4356 2006-07-23 21:40

Shouldn't the title be Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na? Anyway, I had heard about this title before, and it does sound interesting. I'll be sure to check it out. (Of course, by sounds interesting, I mean the girl looks cute. :heh: )

monir 2006-07-23 21:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kamui4356
Shouldn't the title be Yoake Mae Yori Ruri Iro Na? Anyway, I had heard about this title before, and it does sound interesting. I'll be sure to check it out. (Of course, by sounds interesting, I mean the girls looks cute. :heh: *

Darn it! Have no idea how I messed that up. Seems I'll have to draw a mod's attention. Any good ideas? :heh: Thanks Kamui.

NeoSam 2006-07-24 00:54

Of course, if there are pretty girls then count me in :D

Anyway, I'm also looking forward to the manga of it, yeah ^^ a manga thats based on the game started recently serializing in the seinen(young men's) manga magazine Dengeki Daioh :) (one of my favourite seinen magazines).

monir 2006-07-24 14:45

Found a few more images of the girls from the game, so the art is in CG.

http://imagesocket.com/thumbs/kokobce.jpg

http://imagesocket.com/thumbs/koko159c.jpg

DaFool 2006-07-24 14:50

I have a feeling, that, like Hanihani, it'll be 13 12-min eps. and will play in the same timeslot as in 2 years ago back to back with another bishoujo game anime.

relentlessflame 2006-07-25 22:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by DaFool
I have a feeling, that, like Hanihani, it'll be 13 12-min eps. and will play in the same timeslot as in 2 years ago back to back with another bishoujo game anime.

Actually, I forget which magazine it was in... possibly Comptiq or Megami? but I believe it was listed as either 24 or 26 episodes. I'll have to double-check. It should be full-length. And the fact that it's airing on BS-i means that it may very well be in HD as well. We'll see... It's definitely a bit more major a production than HaniHani was, in any case.

Edit: I finally did remember to double-check, and the episode count hasn't in fact been revealed yet. I must have been thinking of another show. Actually, in looking at the CDs solicited on the website, I'm inclined to believe it'll be a 12-13 full-length episode show. We'll see...

eggplant 2006-08-19 12:33

Okay, I haven't played the game, therefore my comments come solely out of watching episode one at today's screening event.

Spoiler for Episode One:

aroduc 2006-10-04 17:24

Very fun first ep. Reminded me of a much lower key Shuffle with a bit of a more off kilter male lead. Chibiness and wacky imagination abound.

http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/6207/crescentyl3.gif

Also, needs more nose pinching.

Overall, didn't seem particularly amazing, but could be a fun little show.

NeoSam 2006-10-04 18:03

That nose pinching looks great >.< very cute with the blush >.<

I haven't watched it yet, but I'll be checking it up very soon.

The manga seems to be doing good too :) the first volume of it got out on 27/9/2006 and it got #5 in sales of seinen manga between 25/9/2006 - 1/10/2006 according to Taiyosha.

Well here's the first volume of the manga:

夜明け前より瑠璃色な

http://img247.imageshack.us/img247/5...onavol1tu3.jpg

Seinen manga
Serialized in: Dengeki Daioh

MrProphet 2006-10-04 18:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir
Long ago people settled down on the moon and established a kingdom there, the Sphere Kingdom. However, relations to the earth cooled down and were finally broken off since a war was fought hundreds of years ago. There isn`t any business between the two races and travelling isn`t allowed. The only link between them is to be found in the Mitsurugasaki Central Port City.

However, one day the princess of the moon kingdom, Feena Fam Arshurait, is sent on a "homestay" to the earth. She gets to stay at Asagiri Tatsuya`s house. And this is where her task of learning the customs and lifestyle of the earth begins.

Um... anyone else feeling a scent of a mutilated and moe-fied Turn-A Gundam storyline in this description? In addition to heavy doses of Urusei Yatsura...

Moon Kingdom... Broken relations... Moon Princess coming to Earth...

Not that I am going to watch this, but I thought the description was eerily familiar. 8) I guess nothing is original anymore...

Cloudnine 2006-10-04 18:46

Actually, the synopsis is pretty misleading since the main storyline rarely goes into the political relations of the Earth and Moon ^^;; Though the basis of the story has been used before, the focus is completely different since it centers around the everyday lives of the main characters.

Like Hani hani, there's a pretty deep background story, but that takes second place to lively events that happen everyday and the growing relationships between the characters~~

I still have yet to watch the first episode, but will so in an hour or so. I'll post again with my thoughts and how it ranks up to the original game ^^

JarOfMayo 2006-10-04 20:21

Ok... well obviously fastforwarded a bit to get fina's arrival and party in.

Character designs are quite different... uhhh mmm Mai-chan lost her moe. lol But Midori gained some... Natsuki, Fina are good though.

Ugh... why do we have a useless photographer added? Not even part of the game... ugh...... :eyebrow:

Mmmm will see how it goes for a few episodes... at least we are skipping by the extravagent food descriptions! :D

relentlessflame 2006-10-04 20:25

For my part, the opening episode was a nice setup/introduction. I liked the OP a lot - it's not that it's anything particularly remarkable, but the waltz evokes all the right imagery: beautiful, charming, and just a bit regal/majestic (which is of course the image you're supposed to get of Feena herself). There's certainly a hint of "Ah! My Goddess" in the OP too. eggplant's spoiler from 6 weeks ago basically spells out what happens, but the premise works for me just fine as setup. It's obvious right from the start that they're headed down Feena's story path with the other characters playing supporting roles. That suits me just fine; 12 episode shows are probably better off sticking with one path for the most part anyway, as it can otherwise be tough to resolve with this many characters. Anyway, let's see what happens!

Oh yeah, one more thing: happy Feena with her hair blowing in the wind with flower petals is just too cute!
Spoiler for Happy Feena Screenshot!:

Cyz 2006-10-04 20:37

The first ep is already out...not the sub though, it's still RAW.

Srin Tuar 2006-10-04 21:25

Hrm, the first episode wasnt overly amazing. I could have done without the retro black and white space-battle. The love story angle is cute, but it seems overly obvious. If they wanted to keep it a little more discrete I might have managed to be more surprised at later developments.

I am a bit surprised that the government of earth would allow such meager accomodations for a princess, so thats a bit strange. Even worse is having the perving old man with exclusive "info gathering" climbing up her skirt and getting pantyshots. (her pinching his butt too makes me wonder)

I'll watch this show, but I won't have high expectations, that way I can simply enjoy it for whatever it turns out to be :)

Cloudnine 2006-10-04 22:03

Just finished the first episode and I'm really liking the direction the anime is headed toward~ It's great that they decided to place more focus on Feena instead of heading toward the usual harem path most adaptions have followed. Though they added a few extra things into the storyline (nose pinching? ero-photographer?) it seems the that the general storyline is intact, which is big plus points for me~ ^^

The OP is simply fantastic. Simple, elegant, and very easy to listen to. While it is very different from the game OP, it fits the athmosphere and music composition of the anime very well, especially the lyrics. The OST will be a must buy on my list when it comes out!

Animation is very nice, consistent and well detailed, much better than what I've anticipated. The best part is though is the cute SD scenes and comical facial expressions. The Feena tripping scene is absolutely priceless, Midori's crying face is too moe to watch only once! ^^

Spoiler:

My only complaint though is with the fast pacing of the story. It's true that the original game pacing was slow ( 3 meals a day ^^; ) but there are some important scenes that just flew by now that they jumped to the welcoming party. Hopefully, they'll jump back and dab at some of them to flesh out the characters.

And what was with Noel's introduction? Having her flying around outside the Asagiri house makes her look like some kind of evil stalker... She's the mysterious loli bishoujo of the game, not evil! ヽ(`Д´)ノ

The opening battle animation was also wierd. While they took the time to animate it nicely, it doesn't fit anywhere into the first episode~ (like something out of some SF anime...)

Overall though, so far I'm totally enjoying Yoakemaeyori!

(´∀`) <--- *smiled though the whole episode*

suguru 2006-10-04 23:08

I really liked the first episode, although since I don't understand much Japanese I missed a lot. I thought the animation quality was much better than August's last game-to-anime, Hanihani, and the story is interesting so far. I was afraid the male lead would be another Takaaki clone, but he seems to actually have some personality, which will make things more interesting. The reactions to the nose-pinch were hysterical, especially Mai's imagination. I hope they keep the SD moments up, SD can almost always make me laugh.

Kaoru Chujo 2006-10-04 23:21

Nabatame for Queen of Earth! I think she gets the princess's voice just right. And she sings the ED really well, in my opinion. Mentioning AMG makes sense. I can see this character having some staying power, depending on how the anime goes.

I liked the character design and animation. Simple, clean, bright. Gave me a good feeling. The character design was apparently by Watanabe Yoshirou, who seems to be mainly a mecha designer (which might explain the space battle), but from the original designs of Bekkankou.

This show is what it is. I may not stick with it that long. But the story has an intriguing setup, especially with the mysterious figure at the end. I appreciated that the emotions seemed appropriate and not overdrawn. And I appreciated that they did their harem-humor with slight elegance and a minimum of total stupidity. The "shut up" and "sexual harassment" on the paddle were amusing. But I could do without the under-skirt photographer.

I'm no connoisseur of space battles, and this may have just been there through the character/mecha designer's eagerness, but I enjoyed it, and I thought it gave us a somewhat harsh context that makes a nice contrast with the soft core of the show. And I liked the gentle tones of Chiba Susumu as Tatsuya, the protagonist. All in all, so far this seems an amusing trifle.

Newprimus 2006-10-05 01:00

I LOVED IT when everyone starts freaking out when Feena trips! I am going to so watch this show. :D