AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   (L) Ghost Hunt manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=40172)

White Manju Bun 2006-12-13 20:21

Ghost Hunt manga

Genre - mystery, supernatural, comedy, drama
Licensed by Del-Ray so no requesting imgs
Plot Summary: Seventeen-year-old Kazuya Shibuya is the president of the Shibuya Psychic Research Center, a think tank that studies psychic phenomenon. The firm investigates various strange occurrences at the behest of its clients, while Shibuya's assistant, Mai Taniyama, deals with her love/hate relationship towards her boss.

Nine vols released in Japan
Currently 8 out in US with vol 9 coming out in the end of Sept

IF YOU POST SPOILERS CONCERNING THE NOVELS ONLY PLZ LABEL YOUR SPOILER TAGS PROPERLY!!!!
Newbs to this thread...there are major post anime/novel spoilers in this thread please be very careful of what you click, most of the time if youre not sure look at the post directly below it to see if someone made a comment on it

Ok well since the manga is a bit ahead of the anime at this point (latest anime release, epi 11 is from the end of vol 3) I thought it would be nice for us Ghost Hunt fans (all 4 of us :P) to have a place to discuss the manga. But there wasnt a thread! So I made one :D Anyways since the anime is behind at this point please be aware there will be spoiler in this thread of later epis.
Feel free to use spoiler tags if you want but since the manga is out til vol 5 there not needed (I believe).
So let the discussion begin! Im gonna use tags

Spoiler for Vol 5, small summary and basic observations:

Ok that's enough for my first post :D

LKK 2006-12-13 20:44

I'm counting the days until volume 6's release. At times, I think I'm looking forward to its release more than I am to Christmas. :heh:

Some off-the-cuff thoughts on the main story in 4 & 5.

Spoiler:

White Manju Bun 2006-12-13 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 768407)
I'm counting the days until volume 6's release. At times, I think I'm looking forward to its release more than I am to Christmas. :heh:

You and me both!

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK
Spoiler:

HA! I totally didnt release that, Im gonna have to go back and look now. I was starting to wonder if she really was useful :D

Spoiler for what I was referring to in the anime thread:

LKK 2006-12-13 22:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 768445)
HA! I totally didnt release that, Im gonna have to go back and look now. I was starting to wonder if she really was useful :D

I didn't notice it until a couple of weeks ago when I reread the story.
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 768445)
Spoiler for what I was referring to in the anime thread:

That part caught my attention too.
Spoiler:

White Manju Bun 2006-12-13 22:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 768477)
That part caught my attention too.
Spoiler:

Haha I agree with the last part of your statment :D
Spoiler:

I have a feeling you and I are gonna do the bulk of the posting in this thread :D

LKK 2006-12-13 23:07

I don't know what to think about that final look at the end of v5. I'm still working that out in my head.

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 768500)
I have a feeling you and I are gonna do the bulk of the posting in this thread :D

Quite possibly. But I hope others will join us eventually. This is a manga that's fun to speculate about. :cool:

White Manju Bun 2006-12-14 16:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 768510)
I don't know what to think about that final look at the end of v5. I'm still working that out in my head.

I know, its starting to bother me. I wonder if it will addressed in vol 6, I have to think it would be.

Ok Im gonna tag this just cuz it hasnt happened in the subbed anime yet

Spoiler for vol 3:

LKK 2006-12-14 18:35

Spoiler for Naru & episode 9's ending ...:

Spoiler for Naru and Lin, my theory:

Feel free to shoot down my theory. :bash:

White Manju Bun 2006-12-14 18:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 769373)
Spoiler for Naru & episode 9's ending ...:

Youre probably right...
Spoiler for my thoughts:

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK
Spoiler for Naru and Lin, my theory:

Feel free to shoot down my theory. :bash:

Haha you totally answered what my next question to you was gonna be
Spoiler for what I was gonna ask:

LKK 2006-12-14 22:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 769392)
Youre probably right...
Spoiler for my thoughts:

Spoiler:

White Manju Bun 2006-12-14 22:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 769533)
Spoiler:

Yeah I agree with that, more then likely that is what happened. Im just digging further then I should :D

Spoiler for one other thing I caught in vol 5:

Also do you think Naru has anything to do with Mai's dreams or do you think thats all on her part?

LKK 2006-12-14 23:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 769559)
Spoiler for one other thing I caught in vol 5:

I loved that moment!
Spoiler:

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 769559)
Also do you think Naru has anything to do with Mai's dreams or do you think thats all on her part?

I don't think Naru is responsible for Mai's dreams. I think they're a manifestation of Mai's powers.

White Manju Bun 2006-12-14 23:37

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 769600)
I loved that moment!
Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Hesquidor 2006-12-15 14:43

I've recently been wondering why Naru always wears black. Because didn't the mangaka in vol 3 sorta draw attention to that fact in one of her side panels?

White Manju Bun 2006-12-15 15:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hesquidor (Post 770171)
I've recently been wondering why Naru always wears black. Because didn't the mangaka in vol 3 sorta draw attention to that fact in one of her side panels?

That as of vol 5 has yet to be answered but as the mangaka states it will be answered in later vols. Thats one of the big things I want to know but I really dont have an theories on that. Im working on another theory at the moment but I need the specific vol is comes from and I forgot which, so when I find it Ill either edit this thread (if no one else posts) or post again :D

Edit: Ahhhhh I cant find it!! ~reads through 5 vols of GH~ LKK help me out here, is there a part in the manga where Mai makes a comment on Naru's eyes/eye lashes???(in her head, not out loud) Or am I seriously going nuts x_x (btw I know it sounds like a weird thing to find but trust me Im going somewhere with this!)

LKK 2006-12-15 16:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by White Manju Bun (Post 770196)
Edit: Ahhhhh I cant find it!! ~reads through 5 vols of GH~ LKK help me out here, is there a part in the manga where Mai makes a comment on Naru's eyes/eye lashes???(in her head, not out loud) Or am I seriously going nuts x_x (btw I know it sounds like a weird thing to find but trust me Im going somewhere with this!)

I vaguely recall Mai thinking about his eyes & eyelashes a couple of times. I remember in v1 when they first meet at the ghost story session, she thinks that Naru's smile doesn't reach his eyes. But that's not what you're looking for, is it? I think there are other times as well. Unfortunately I don't have time tonight to check the manga. I'm going to be tied up all night in holiday happenings. I'll look for you later if you'd like. Is there something in particular you think you remember reading?

LKK 2006-12-15 16:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hesquidor (Post 770171)

Using the KISS method (i.e. Keep It Simple Stupid), my theory is that Naru likes being mysterious or maybe simply likes the color.

That's probably too simplistic an answer though.

Hesquidor 2006-12-15 16:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by LKK (Post 770247)
I vaguely recall Mai thinking about his eyes & eyelashes a couple of times. I remember in v1 when they first meet at the ghost story session, she thinks that Naru's smile doesn't reach his eyes. But that's not what you're looking for, is it? I think there are other times as well. Unfortunately I don't have time tonight to check the manga. I'm going to be tied up all night in holiday happenings. I'll look for you later if you'd like. Is there something in particular you think you remember reading?

No she did mention that but GAH where is it!!!! *reams through manga* Did she not say something about a double fold in his eyelid or something aswell?

EDIT - I've just noticed too, Naru says he want to avoid attention being drawn to SPR. At the beginning of Vol 4 he was going to turn down the case.

Spoiler:

LKK 2006-12-15 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hesquidor (Post 770261)
No she did mention that but GAH where is it!!!! *reams through manga* Did she not say something about a double fold in his eyelid or something aswell?

EDIT - I've just noticed too, Naru says he want to avoid attention being drawn to SPR. At the beginning of Vol 4 he was going to turn down the case.

A double fold, eh? I'll look for that tomorrow. (I really need to be offline as soon as episode 6 finishes downloading.) That would be a significant clue if you're remembering correctly.

When I reread volume 4 a week or so ago, I noticed that Naru didn't want to take the case because of the publicity even though he was curious about it. I don't know what to think about that yet. But I wouldn't be surprised if it's significant or if it comes up again.

White Manju Bun 2006-12-15 16:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hesquidor

Good you totally know what Im talking about!! Im still looking at the moment.

Yeah I was kinda wondering about the publicity too but that could just come from not wanting to deal with media outlets. Unless Sonhex's whole theory about Naru holds true, we'll have to wait and see.

Edit: YATTA!!! I found it!
Spoiler for from vol 3 about his eyes: