AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   T.P. Sakura (D.C. ~Da Capo~ Spin-Off OVA Series) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=87993)

relentlessflame 2009-11-02 00:04

T.P. Sakura (D.C. ~Da Capo~ Spin-Off OVA Series)

As mentioned on Moonphase, ANN and a number of other places, an all-new anime based on Circus's D.C. ~Da Capo~ franchise will be airing this Spring. It's unknown at this time what "generation" the content will feature (whether original D.C. era or D.C. II era), and whether this new anime project will be a TV Series or OVA. More information will certainly follow in the months ahead.

This was announced at the 10th Anniversary live event where many other Circus and D.C.-related games were also announced. These are being discussed in the Newly-Announced Bishoujo Games thread.

cyberdemon 2009-11-02 00:30

sweet. can't wait to see what this one is about. gotta wonder how many times they're going to kill that tree only to have it come back and cater to another season.

DeX-kun 2009-11-02 01:22

I was disappointed with the romance aspect of DC II but I hope they give us a more refreshing plot because the "magical tree" is getting old.

wavehawk 2009-11-02 02:42

There was a Girl's-version Da Capo game out sometime back--essentially taking place at the same time as Da Capo 2, but with new characters--all of them bishounen (with a female lead character).

Ah, here it is: Da Capo: Girls Symphony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5WvCdT-5HE

...I've got a BAD feeling about this...

relentlessflame 2009-11-02 04:17

Yeah, it does exist, but doing an anime based on an otome game is rather uncommon, and I sort of doubt that'd be their new project. And if it is... well, something for a different audience, I guess, and we can just wait for their next anime project. But still, I tend to think the new anime will be something for the main crowd, especially in this trying market.

wavehawk 2009-11-02 05:04

To that game's credit, the main girl is pretty cute.

...and while uncommon, it's not the first time there have been sort-of Harem anime with a girl and multiple guys. Fushigi Yuugi, Fruits Basket, etc. It might even work better than the recent Da Capo anime.

One other thing: I know not everyone agrees, but I kind of liked that the Da Capo II anime wasn't nearly as harem-focused as other anime out there, even if it did sideline fan-favorite characters (coughcoughNanakacoughcough)

NeoSam 2009-11-02 05:54

I obviously don't want to see that otome game animated... anouncing new bishoujo game projects (D.C. ZERO and D.C. III) and also announcing a new anime, which might give us the impression it might be an anime adaptation of one of these new bishoujo game projects, but it turns out that the anime is an adaptation of that otome game, that would be really mean :mad:

I really loved the first and second season of the D.C. anime, but I didn't like both seasons of the D.C. II anime, why? because in the D.C. anime Junichi (the protagonist) already liked someone, but in the D.C. II anime the protagonist (Yoshiyuki) was so oblivious to love (well other than dating someone in the first season but then...).

Master Anime 2009-11-02 06:23

OMG I don't want to see Da Capo Sypmhony to be animated
I Want DCIIPC Animated cause i want to see Erika :D

Tempester 2009-11-02 07:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by wavehawk (Post 2744144)
There was a Girl's-version Da Capo game out sometime back--essentially taking place at the same time as Da Capo 2, but with new characters--all of them bishounen (with a female lead character).

Ah, here it is: Da Capo: Girls Symphony:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5WvCdT-5HE

...I've got a BAD feeling about this...

Oh my god. Am I the only one who would like to see this getting animated? Bishoujo anime are great, but we need something like this for a change. The guys and the lead female are really cute. :love:

MeganeShounen 2009-11-02 07:47

This, along with that announcement of D.C. III definitely caught me off guard.

I mean, sure, Circus has been milking the Da Capo franchise for so long, and they just released D.C. II Fall in Love, then BAM, I hear of this new... development. :heh:

Once more, I salute you, people of Circus. I'll be looking out for further developments...

uis 2009-11-02 08:04

Ha ha ha yeah it the best news i ever heard...

I think this new anime will feature D.C.IIPC or D.C.II Fall in love...

Yeah they need make anime that Yoshiyuki will married somebody so they can make D.C. III anime next time lulz...

I hope new character in D.C.II PC will appear in anime too...

Shiroth 2009-11-02 08:19

I actually wouldn't mind seeing Da Capo: Girls Symphony animated.

Shinji103 2009-11-02 09:14

Paint me D.C.-old-school, but I wouldn't mind seeing D.C. Zero for some animated Sakura route...... :)

Riza-chan 2009-11-02 10:15

I loved the first Da Capo anime but D.C.II...was disappointing to say nothing more, so I won't have high hopes for this new project

relentlessflame 2009-11-02 11:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riza-chan (Post 2744728)
I loved the first Da Capo anime but D.C.II...was disappointing to say nothing more, so I won't have high hopes for this new project

Just to be clear, when you say "D.C. II", do you actually mean D.C. II or do you mean D.C.S.S. (Second Season)? I've noticed that a lot of people confuse the two, not realizing that D.C. II (and D.C. II S.S.) are separate shows not in the same timeline as the original D.C. (and D.C.S.S.).

Not that it's a problem if you didn't like D.C. II either (though I think D.C. II S.S. was the better of the two seasons there), but just thought I'd ask.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shinji103 (Post 2744654)
Paint me D.C.-old-school, but I wouldn't mind seeing D.C. Zero for some animated Sakura route...... :)

I'd like to see this as well, but if I were a betting type, I would guess that this might be more likely to come as an OVA that's released whenever they get around to doing D.C. II boxsets (sort of like how D.C. if was released with the original two D.C. anime boxsets). That being said, D.C. II I.F. is also possible as a boxset-bonus OVA series, so we'll see...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Anime (Post 2744411)
I Want DCIIPC Animated cause i want to see Erika :D

You and me both! :)

serenade_beta 2009-11-02 15:25

Circus: (・∀・) Dame-po won't die. It'll revive as many times as we want it to!
Me: ( ^ω^) Hai, hai, can't be helped if you don't have the guts to try anything else then reuse the same game and sell a bunch of side-stories
Only slightly better (in my opinion) than minori who was practically hunting down anything of their product that was being put up on the web...

Saa, what kind of Dame-po this time?
Looking forward to the OP/ED song though.

SaintessHeart 2009-11-03 07:02

Hmm a new Da Capo.......I wonder if I have time to watch it because real life is catching up to me.

Omochikaeri Factor 2009-11-03 17:18

Er, not quite sure what to say about this. :heh:
I wouldn't mind having Symphony animated, but if four seasons about a tree coming back to life and dying bored me, then I don't know about a new season unless they introduce a new plot. :uhoh:

Gibber 2009-11-03 22:47

Actually somewhat excited and hope it'll be better than DCII like going in depth of the other characters too and the protagonist actually doing stuff. New plot is definitely needed though.

wavehawk 2009-11-04 20:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Omochikaeri Factor (Post 2747338)
I wouldn't mind having Symphony animated, but if four seasons about a tree coming back to life and dying bored me, then I don't know about a new season unless they introduce a new plot. :uhoh:

- Well, Girl's Symphony doesn't seem to have any of the 'main' Da Capo characters in it, so if there are any references to the tree, I -guess- that it'll be a minor subplot or even a background incident not important to the story.