AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=106613)

Shiroth 2011-08-31 14:38

Persona 4 The Ultimate in Mayonaka Arena

As a part of the big Atlus announcement, one of the projects is a 2D Persona 4 fighting game for the 360 and PS3. Atlus is teaming up with Arc System Works (the Blazbue series), and the story will be set 2 months after the original game. For a little more information about and screenshots, check out the post over on andriasang. Just to note, that the game will also feature characters from Persona 3. One of them we already know being Aegis.

This is certainly an interesting project, and one i never expected. Especially with ASW working together with Atlus. I can't wait for some gameplay footage.

Flying Dagger 2011-08-31 14:48

Time to free the p3 hero? :)

Rayneing 2011-08-31 14:52

Does anyone know when the first location tests are happening?

marvelB 2011-08-31 14:57

Man, it would be so awesome to play as the whole P3 party in this game (especially Koromaru)! As far as P4 characters go, I'm pretty much gonna go with Kanji all the way, baby. ;)

Kazu 2011-08-31 15:23

Can't wait to galactic punt some people with chie i wonder if the villains will make it into the game

Spoiler for villains:

Shadow5YA 2011-08-31 16:13

So far, confirmed characters are the P4 MC, Yosuke, Chie, and Aegis.

SilverSyko 2011-08-31 16:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shadow5YA (Post 3749880)
So far, confirmed characters are the P4 MC, Yosuke, Chie, and Aegis.

Yukiko and Kanji are shown on the character select as well.

Shiroth 2011-08-31 16:19

Naoto will be there as well, though she's always left out. ;_____;

& of course Teddy. I'm sure he'll be lots of fun, keeping in mind Blazblue's wacky character selection.

Laith 2011-09-01 03:01

So hey a playable demo is going to be on the TGS apparently

Also, on an unrelated note, Teddie's outfit owns.

SilverSyko 2011-09-01 03:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Laith (Post 3750540)
Also, on an unrelated note, Teddie's outfit owns.

Anyway, I hope this game gets updated with new characters down the road. 9 or 10 right now for a final selection is pretty small. :(

Shiroth 2011-09-01 03:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 3750543)
Anyway, I hope this game gets updated with new characters down the road. 9 or 10 right now for a final selection is pretty small. :(

Keeping in mind the Blazblue series, if this game does well enough then there will easily be additional versions in the future.

Sageblink 2011-09-01 07:43

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3750553)
Keeping in mind the Blazblue series, if this game does well enough then there will easily be additional versions in the future.

But I'm praying they won't take the same route as Blazblue (CT, CS, CS II, Extend).
I would be pissed to buy DLC characters just to learn 2 months later that a new disc will come out with extra content (including the previous DLC).

Fears aside, this game is going to be epic. Just a few more people in the cast cause 10 characters is just not enough ! I want more ! Mooooore !! :heh:

Frailty 2011-09-01 10:15

I wonder if there would come a time for an Atlus vs Arc System Works game to come out.
there's still no crossover fighting game for Arc System Works yet. I wonder if they're planning to do one in the future

Westlo 2011-09-01 23:36

Arc System Works have the Guilty Gear license back.. I wouldn't be surprised if Blazblue X Guilty Gear is their first crossover title... they would already have half the cast animated...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sageblink (Post 3750765)
But I'm praying they won't take the same route as Blazblue (CT, CS, CS II, Extend).
I would be pissed to buy DLC characters just to learn 2 months later that a new disc will come out with extra content (including the previous DLC).

Fears aside, this game is going to be epic. Just a few more people in the cast cause 10 characters is just not enough ! I want more ! Mooooore !! :heh:

You can bet you ass their will be an update... it's just a question of whether it will be like...

CT to CS (new disc @ cheaper rate)
CS to CS2 (patched for free with DLC characters)

Key Board 2011-09-02 01:30

bah.. capitalism gone wild...

but that's the way fighting game roll nowadays

even ones with indie roots like Melty Blood does this

kenjiharima 2011-09-02 03:39

P3 and P4 together?! Awesome!

Quote:

true that.

Westlo 2011-09-02 04:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by Key Board (Post 3752003)

but that's the way fighting game roll nowadays

even ones with indie roots like Melty Blood does this

Nowadays? You should look @ how often Guilty Gear, SF, the VS series, KOF, Fatal Fury etc were churned out back in the day.

Key Board 2011-09-04 11:11

well maybe hey're essentially doing the same things

but I had the impression that back in those days, things were released in incremental updates primarily because are lazy and things were harder to program

I don't believe Bison, Vega, Balrog and Sagat were meant to be played from the start, and only held back so they could charge more. That's just an afterthought, after seeing how successful it was. And it took many iterations to get the balance right.

I don't believe that Capcom intentionally held back on making players not able to select the same character. They just didn't think of it. It was a carryover from old gameplay traditions.

I don't believe the console release of Street Fighter lacked playable bosses because they were greedy. Rather I believe they weren't sure of the SNES and Sega Genesis memory capabilities yet.

nowadays I get the impression that you INTENTIONALLY cut up a game so you can release the remainder as DLC.

Westlo 2011-09-06 05:16

True, but there has to be a cutoff point at some stage for these games.

IIRC it takes 3 months for Arc System Works to finish animating a character, same with SNK Playmore and King of Fighters. It also takes months and months to actually balance the games for release, obviously you need your entire cast to do that.

Eugene el Blaze 2011-09-07 18:33

I really hope they have more than 10 characters. I personally like at least around 20 for a fighting game. I really do hope they add more in the future. I get bored fast with fighting games that have a small roster.

On the other note I'm really hoping for Junpei to be confirmed. I also want to see if the gameplay will be similar to Blazblue