AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Hidan no Aria (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=111)
-   -   Hidan no Aria - Q & A (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=104003)

NightWish 2011-05-07 12:09

This thread is for those of you with questions about the Hidan no Aria anime or manga. There are many questions that don't need a whole thread to discuss them. A simple practical answer straight from the anime or manga without any speculation can solve these connundrums. If someone has such a question about Hidan no Aria which can be solved by answering with facts from an official source, then please ask that question here.

Please don't post in this thread unless you are asking a question or answering one. Please remember that it only takes 1 person to answer a question. And don't speculate! You can only reply with cold, hard, merciliessly unforgivable facts. If you have to speculate, then please just tell the querrant that no answer is known, but here are some facts that might help him make up his own mind.

Make sure you use spoiler tags if your question is about the anime, manga, or any non-anime source. Untagged spoilers are risking a ban. There are two ways to create clearly marked spoiler tags, as shown in the following:

The easy way: By simply clicking on this icon which can be found in the Quick Reply or Reply to Thread template. This is how I create spoiler tags.
or
The macho way: By using those uber vB codes as shown in the following...

Spoiler Tag Example
[spoiler=title, i.e. your reason for the spoiler tag]Don't forget to use a title for the spoiler![/spoiler]
...becomes...
Spoiler for title:

ars89 2011-05-07 17:04

So can someone explain what exactly Hysteria Mode is. I mean i know it turn's Kinji into a badass that wants to protect girls, but like how does it work. Is it like an adrenaline thing?

Miraluka 2011-05-07 22:37

What about Shirayuki character thread?
The next girl to be developed its her.

Kotohono 2011-05-07 22:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 3603649)

you should post that in the requests thread, not here :p.

Xacual 2011-05-07 23:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wilfriback (Post 3603649)

The next story arc is about her if the anime keeps following the novels so she'll get a thread later probably. She hasn't had that much screentime yet.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars89 (Post 3603413)
So can someone explain what exactly Hysteria Mode is. I mean i know it turn's Kinji into a badass that wants to protect girls, but like how does it work. Is it like an adrenaline thing?

Spoiler for Hysteria Syndrome Explanation from First Novel:

tsunade666 2011-05-07 23:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by ars89 (Post 3603413)

The more usual way was to get sexually exited or perform a certain fetish. Of the user.

Hysteria Mode runs in the Tohyama Family bloodline.

From wiki

Quote:

Hysteria Mode (Hysteria Savant Syndrome)is a trait which causes the bodies of those carrying it to activate 30 times more neural transmitters than the average person, which makes the function of his central nervous system, namely the cerebrum, cerebellum, and spinal cord, accelerate dramatically when he is sexually excited.
As a result, in Hysteria Mode, logical thinking, judgment and reflexes all rise exponentially. Users enter in a temporary super mode, like a transformation. It is seen in the novel that Hysteria Mode also permits the user to develop a sixth sense.

http://hidannoaria.wikia.com/wiki/Hysteria_Mode

From personal opinion. When you enter Hysteria Mode. It accelerates your line of thoughts, your reflex and movements and sharpen your senses. It doesn't give you physical power up. Like you will turn superman the man of steel but your brain will just work 30 times faster. And everything around you will be shown like in a slow motion. Everything will also looks much clearer to the user with less useless thoughts and more focus.

Though Hysteria mode has different level but that's for different topic and will be spoiler part.

Miraluka 2011-05-07 23:52

Yeah guys, I know I posted on the wrong thread :uhoh:

ars89 2011-05-08 10:38

thanks xacual and tsunade, that cleared things up

MeisterBabylon 2011-05-13 04:33

With regards to the classes at Butei, what kind of naming convention do they follow? Is it lets say the 1st class of 1st year Class 1-1? Class A? Class 1-A?

Icy.Tear 2011-05-13 04:51

First year class A.

I just translated it as freshmen class A.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-05-16 09:09

Question; Kinji is an Inquesta Butei that was formerly in Assault, this allows him to possess the skill set of both specialties. What I'm wondering is whether this is an (very?) exceptional case or is it common for Butei(s) to transfer around divisions to expand their skills? Or in fact, can they participate in studies that is outside of their job description without having to plow through a ton of red tapes?

tsunade666 2011-05-16 09:30

usually they only master one set of skills. Kinji might be an exception but you probably know the reason why he transfers to inquesta. Some of the more exceptional butei doesn't fall in any category but more in general, they can do everything.
In the 4 main girls. Aria is a straight away assault. She can't even formulate tactics or think it thoroughly. Reki doesn't have any close combat mastery or maybe she is untrained on that point at all. Riko is quite flexible so she might be an exception but she still falls more on inquesta because of her set of skills. Shirayuki is still a straight student of ssr or is it srr? not sure but because shirayuki is an exception too on the girls.

Icy.Tear 2011-05-16 09:46

They can participate in other studies, taking them as electives.

They will not receive any credits for aforementioned electives.

Cosmic Eagle 2011-05-16 10:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 3614511)
usually they only master one set of skills. Kinji might be an exception but you probably know the reason why he transfers to inquesta. Some of the more exceptional butei doesn't fall in any category but more in general, they can do everything.
In the 4 main girls. Aria is a straight away assault. She can't even formulate tactics or think it thoroughly. Reki doesn't have any close combat mastery or maybe she is untrained on that point at all. Riko is quite flexible so she might be an exception but she still falls more on inquesta because of her set of skills. Shirayuki is still a straight student of ssr or is it srr? not sure but because shirayuki is an exception too on the girls.

Riko's close combat is worthy of any S ranked Assault person. Reki with her bayonet is more than capable of handling herself in CQC.

All the main girls have their own specialized fields but unlike most normal Butei students, they are pretty good in other fields as well.

Chaos2Frozen 2011-05-16 10:28

Okay, so in other words- it's not exactly the norm, but there's nothing rare with knowing more than what you're required? Something that the above average, but not necessarily elite students would be expected?

Another question; Are all Butei expected to go out into the field? Including those that are clearly support roles like the medics and connect...

Icy.Tear 2011-05-16 10:43

It is the norm to know more than one field.

No. It is not needful that all Butei go out into the field. Especially those in Amdo/Connect.

tsunade666 2011-05-16 10:46

The way reki uses her sniper rifle + bayonet is like a spear that aims only to kill. Didn't I say that Riko is an exception too that excels. Though her strong points isn't really that.

Nope, not all butei are expected to go in the field. Mostly assault or teams go in field. Though it depends in the field. Data gathering from undercover might be inquesta specialty but if the duty is dangerous. Assault are likely the one to do it and just relay data just like shiranui.

Cosmic Eagle 2011-05-16 10:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by tsunade666 (Post 3614583)
The way reki uses her sniper rifle + bayonet is like a spear that aims only to kill. Didn't I say that Riko is an exception too that excels. Though her strong points isn't really that.

Nope, not all butei are expected to go in the field. Mostly assault or teams go in field. Though it depends in the field. Data gathering from undercover might be inquesta specialty but if the duty is dangerous. Assault are likely the one to do it and just relay data just like shiranui.

More like Lezzad

Chaos2Frozen 2011-05-16 10:50

Okay then just to clear; Aside from Assault and Inquesta, which other departments are th more in the field type?

tsunade666 2011-05-16 10:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen (Post 3614592)
Okay then just to clear; Aside from Assault and Inquesta, which other departments are th more in the field type?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xacual (Post 3604949)

Spoiler for Divisions from Wiki:

Assault and Sniping. Lezzard, Inquesta and Repier. Logi and Medica. They go to the field itself though the ones attacking are assaulting are the assault and sniping. The others are form of support but they go to the battle field itself.