AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kannagi (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=85)
-   -   Kannagi - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=74411)

Pellissier 2008-11-21 14:54

Kannagi - Episode 8 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kannagi, Episode 8.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

margafred 2008-11-22 09:23

Finally back on the manga track.

Spoiler for Images for today's episode:

Spoiler for ED image for today's episode:

serenade_beta 2008-11-22 10:45

Ahaha, Daitetsu really is an awesome character. And the Daitetsu+Jin combo is also very entertaining. :heh:
Though the anime lengthened the delusions too long.

Spoiler for ep8:

margafred 2008-11-22 11:31

Spoiler for Episode 8 of Kannagi:

karinvampire 2008-11-22 13:50

Good episode I pretty much think I know how the anime will end now,since it's using the manga plot.

I still says this is one of the only shows that actually follows the manga very well.

stormy001_M1A2 2008-11-22 15:49

This week ep has a lot of skin, don't they?

Kaoru Chujo 2008-11-22 15:57

Continues to be hilarious and touching at the same time. As far as I'm concerned, this show is irresistible. Adding the nekomimi and near nudity is what I call just not fair, lol.

I think a lot of producers are probably now hammering on Yamakan's door for future projects. On 2channel -- where lots of DVD- and goods-buying otaku post -- Kannagi is now at 77 threads to Toradora's 57. Ten threads (i.e., 10,000 posts) an episode is pretty darn good.

The two girls in the hallway when Daitetsu came storming through were played by Fukuhara Kaori (Tsukasa in Lucky Star) and Akesaka Hitomi (Nanonano Pudding in Galaxy Angel Rune, Yuki in Kyou no Go no Ni).

I'm not sure whether he meant it or was just supporting his friends and dissing his enemies, but apparently Yamakan said last weekend that he liked Ga-rei Zero and Kurogane no Linebarrels and watched them every week and did not plan to watch the Lucky Star OVA.

stormy001_M1A2 2008-11-22 16:03

I have a question, does the number of post in 2ch equals to DVD sales? What ratio? Is there any articles that talks on DVD sales of anime works?

serenade_beta 2008-11-22 16:05

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 2068424)
and did not plan to watch the Lucky Star OVA.

Still upset? :rolleyes:

stormy001_M1A2 2008-11-22 16:10

Well I think he hold a lot of grudges against Kyoto Animation. I would if I will be him.

Kaoru Chujo 2008-11-22 16:53

I'm not sure how closely the number of 2ch posts tracks DVD sales. And I don't really know where to look up DVD sales for anime, although I'd start looking in places like amazon.co.jp, oricon.co.jp, and 7andY.jp. I'm just imagining that the otaku who post on 2channel are the same otaku who buy goods and DVDs. Maybe kj1980 or some other expert has ideas in this regard.

And yeah, I think Yamakan holds a grudge against KyoAni for firing him instead of helping him, and making such an apparently insulting statement when they did. I'll bet he loathes certain individuals over there.

I'm personally feeling somewhat vindicated for thinking he was a big creative force behind Suzumiya Haruhi, since it seems to me that he is proving his ability with this show. Not that I know whether he could do any other kind of show, but he is sure making a gem of moe self-referential comedy here.

Falkor 2008-11-22 18:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaoru Chujo (Post 2068424)
I'm not sure whether he meant it or was just supporting his friends and dissing his enemies, but apparently Yamakan said last weekend that he liked Ga-rei Zero and Kurogane no Linebarrels and watched them every week and did not plan to watch the Lucky Star OVA.

I can feel some sarcasm in there: implying that he would rather watch cr** shows like Ga-rei Zero and Kurogane no Linebarrels instead of the Lucky Star OVA (we can all assume why... but I might be reading too much between the lines)

Cat Megex 2008-11-22 21:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by margafred (Post 2068094)
Spoiler for Episode 8 of Kannagi:

Spoiler for cameos:

stormy001_M1A2 2008-11-22 23:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falkor (Post 2068606)
I can feel some sarcasm in there: implying that he would rather watch cr** shows like Ga-rei Zero and Kurogane no Linebarrels instead of the Lucky Star OVA (we can all assume why... but I might be reading too much between the lines)

I think you are not and the director make it very clear how much loathing he has for his former studio. Let's admit it, these 2 series is horrible and he made a cheeky remark that he preferred horrible anime than anything Kyoto Animation churning out. After all his dismissal was actually put as official announcement which a major damage to his pride ( more accurately his face which is something we Asians very particular about) and sent off with such uncalled for comment that he is not ready to be a director.

Konata cameo can be seen in TV they watching, in weather report section. (1:59 min)

Kaoru Chujo 2008-11-22 23:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Falkor (Post 2068606)

Hey, that's possible. Although I don't think Ga-rei Zero is a bad show, from what I've seen of it. But I couldn't get through even one episode of Linebarrels, myself.

arkxkra 2008-11-23 02:16

good episode.
Daitetsu imagination was too powerful, can make into 1 movie lol :heh:.

Raniie 2008-11-23 04:54

An episode devoted to Daitetsu... and to simply sum it all up. Daitetsu, I'll let Nagi comment for me from episode 4.

Utau 2008-11-23 07:19

Spoiler for ep 8:

overall, I give it an 8/10.. a rounded up score.
with how the things are going, i can see where this is gonna end.

"I can see the ENDING."

:rolleyes:

Deathkillz 2008-11-23 15:28

Daitetsu has such a wild imagination :heh:
The best part has to be when his head exploads from overload and when he decides to himself that he must protect Jin for the evils that is Nagi.

Random but enjoyable episode :)

Seravy 2008-11-23 23:01

Funny episode. Daitetsu's concern over Jin is really something eh :D (such a true friend!). I lol'd and silently *cough*'d/*ahem*'d at Jin admiring Daitetsu's phsyique :heh: