AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Sports & Entertainment (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=153)
-   -   DC and Marvel Animation (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=86164)

Albafica 2009-09-11 08:57

DC and Marvel Animation

So it is a thread about fans of DC and Marvel Animation or people who watch it.

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/7489/presentationb.jpg

I watched Batman TAS (+new adventure), Superman TAS, Batman Beyond, Static Choc, Project Zeta when I was small; it was cool. Well I don't watch every episode of course ha! I don't like Project Zeta so much.

I was bit bored about animes and mangas, so I begin to watch Justice League Of America! I watched 2 seasons now, and this serie is amazing. Every episodes are good, no one is bad in my opinion (alway a story in 2 part).
Characters are very cool, with strong females characters like WonderWoman and HawkGirl. Batman is very funny sometimes :heh:.
The last episode of Justice League is awesome, focused on Hawkgirl.

I will watch Justice League Unlimited soon!

It's nice to discover something new, different from animes/mangas. America have a lot of good cartoons (France do sh*t animation). Well new super heroes cartoons are a bit irritating with this childish design, like Teen Titans, Legion of Super Heroes, The Batman... It looks like anime/manga...
They should do another kickass DC serie again!

http://img3.imageshack.us/img3/3222/marvelanimation.jpg

About Marvel animation, I watched Spider-man (I don't speak about first series because I don't watch it :D), X-men (1992), X-men evolution, Wolverine and the x-men. I love Spider-man and X-men (1992). X-men Evolution was a bit disappointing, Rogue (ultra sexy :D) and Gambit were amazing in 1992 serie.

Currently I'm watching Spectacular Spider-man. The chara design is a bit "strange", look "kiddie", but it's a very good show in my opinion. The "smallville" of Spider-man? :heh: There are fights, romance, friendship.
Oh and the OP is always in my head :D.

Gin 2009-09-11 09:36

http://i664.photobucket.com/albums/v...Rocks-Mr_T.jpg

solomon 2009-09-11 10:51

Growing up, I leaned towards A-list DC animation more so than Marvel, visually and narratively I found them to be a bit more hit and miss. X-Men is excellent of course.

But for me you can't beat the triumvirate of Batman, Superman and Justice League. Great cartoons but also really good television in general.

Gin 2009-09-11 11:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by solomon (Post 2638172)
Growing up, I leaned towards A-list DC animation more so than Marvel, visually and narratively I found them to be a bit more hit and miss. X-Men is excellent of course.

But for me you can't beat the triumvirate of Batman, Superman and Justice League. Great cartoons but also really good television in general.

Superman is the worst super hero ever imo. He has too many powers and his only weakness is Kryptonite, which everybody seems to have.

-KarumA- 2009-09-11 11:40

True but still Superman the series back int he 90's was awesome
I grew up with Batman and Superman as well as Spider-man TAS and X-men
I love the 90's cartoons, they're not so restricted to rules as cartoons are now

You should also check Spider-man Unlimited D: which I didn't see in your list up yet

However back on topic, yes Justice League is very amazing as a cartoon, as expected lol
There is good interaction with characters and good focus XD I love it and boo that it ended

Marvel seems to be leaning more to anime style now, the last series I followed was the new FF4 series which was very anime-wise but it was so kiddish >.>;

I wish they would remake more in the old style

Albafica 2009-09-11 12:05

No I didn't watch Spider-man Unlimited, is it good? Because I saw a website which say it's very bad :heh:. There is a Spider-man 3D too, I watch one episode, I stop it... So ugly!

At begining I prefer Marvel, but after watching a lot of DC animation, I prefer DC. Characters/plot seems more "mature" no?

About Justice League, yeah there are some interaction like Batman x WonderWoman and HawkGirl x Green Lantern :D.

Quote:

Marvel seems to be leaning more to anime style now, the last series I followed was the new FF4 series which was very anime-wise but it was so kiddish >.>;
What is FF4? Final fantasy 4? *_*

I prefer the old style too, characters seems more mature!

I like Superman but I prefer Batman.

Evil Rick 2009-09-11 12:14

My all time favourite will always be Spyder-man, the animated series. :D

http://img36.imageshack.us/img36/645...sl500aa240.jpg

Dilla 2009-09-11 12:41

I co-sign with everything mentioned above plus X-Men and X-Men: Evolution.

I heard from MARVEL fans that the Spectacular Spiderman cartoon from last year was surprisingly good, despite the more kiddie animation. Any truth to this?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Albafica (Post 2638277)
About Justice League, yeah there are some interaction like Batman x WonderWoman and HawkGirl x Green Lantern :D.

Spoiler:

And did anyone have access to Wolverine and the X-Men series? It was only on digital cable so I couldn't see it.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedi...enanimated.jpg

Albafica 2009-09-11 12:47

It's a good show. The chara design is kiddie, but the story is really interesting, and comedy is fun. You should try an episode.

When I saw screeshots of Spectacular Spider-man, I didn't want to watch it, but I try an episode, and it was very good!

You should try it!

Spectacular, Spectacular Spider-man! Spectacular, Spectacular Spider-man!

PS: Mary Jane is cool *___*, black cat too.

ChainLegacy 2009-09-11 18:38

Coincidentally I recently started watching Justice League on and off as well, I'm on the last season of Unlimited. I grew up with Batman: TAS and I read somewhere that Justice League continued that Batman's story so I checked it out, and it is indeed very good.

My all time favorite was Spider-Man: TAS, though, and probably always will be. I remember rushing home from second grade to catch the latest episodes, lol. It is a damn shame it had to end where it did, they could have continued the story but for economic reasons I believe it had to be cancelled.

Vault Dweller 2009-09-11 19:14

I also watched Batman TAS, X-Men and Spiderman in the 90s as a kid, great shows, especially Batman which I now own on DVD. Justice League is pretty good too, one of my favorite episodes has to be the 2 parter called “Injustice for All” where Lex assembles a group of villains but doesn't include the Joker who shows up anyway. I love the interaction between Lex and the Joker in these episodes as well as how the rest of the villains are creeped out/afraid of the Joker.

I also like X-Men Evolution and Batman Beyond, especially the awesome movie Return of the Joker. I will also admit that I like Teen Titans (It helps if you can overlook the clumsy attempts at anime style expressions.) I haven't really watched any of the most recent shows, just from the ads I find the new Ironman show visually unappealing, I haven't watched anything Batman related past Batman Beyond and I haven't watched a Spiderman show since the 90s.

Albafica 2009-09-12 02:05

About Wolverine and the X-men, well it's not a bad show, but I don't really like the chara design. Look at this Rogue, she's not sexy at all! It's like Spectacular Spider-man, a little bit "kiddie", but it's entertaining...

My favourite hero was Spider-man but more I watch Batman' show more I like him (I have the tape: Mask of the Phantasm in my home :D)...

But Spider-man is funny :heh: and Felicia is hot.
Spider-man show (90' serie) was good but I didn't like clone arc...
If you like Spider-man, you should try Spectacular Spider-man, very funny and entertaining show.

About Justice League, my best episode is "Star-Crossed": treason, love, fight, friendship, sadness, there is everything in that episode.
A show which bring together heros of DC is great, Marvel should do it. But I don't know if it can be as good as Justice League.

Yeah "return of joker" was really good, I love Batman Beyond! Terry is cool :D.

Teen Titans, I watch 3-4 episodes and I don't like it; but perhaps it's a good show... Well and these heros are not very charismatic in my opinion (I hate Robin :heh:)...

BanishingBook 2009-09-12 02:09

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gin (Post 2638207)
Superman is the worst super hero ever imo. He has too many powers and his only weakness is Kryptonite, which everybody seems to have.

Now there are other things that can pound Superman, aside from Kryptonite. That's just his basic weakness, kinda like a bullet for human beings.

Supes is also weak to magic and can be knocked out by beings such as Mister Miracle, Darkseid, and -insert Forever People name-

@Albafica: The only thing I hated about Terry Mcguiness is definitely he's no Bruce Wayne.

Biologically he's Bruce's son but he doesn't inherit his father's genius.

Albafica 2009-09-12 02:19

Quote:

@Albafica: The only thing I hated about Terry Mcguiness is definitely he's no Bruce Wayne.

Biologically he's Bruce's son but he doesn't inherit his father's genius.
Yeah but look at Bruce Wayne in Batman Beyond :heh:. I like Terry because he's yound and funny but I prefer Bruce of course (playboy :D).
About the biological thing between Terry and Bruce, yeah... I don't really like this revelation :rolleyes:.

MakubeX2 2009-09-12 03:03

Does anyone think those studios will have the guts to faithfully animate frame-by-frame, scene-by-scene from the edgier comics where we have gore and sexual themes going on anytime soon ?

I, for one, suggest they have a Batman episode based on the timeless "Killing Joke" to test drive audience reception before proceeding.

PS :- Blackest Night is an instant classic in my book now with Dick "Batman" Grayson up aganist his Parents with the Drakes joining in the fun. Oh the hilarity.

Albafica 2009-09-12 03:22

No I don't think they can do it. Look at X-men 1992, Wolverine can't kill an human :heh:. There is a lot of censure in USA no?

About "killing joke, I don't know if the audience would be good enough... But I really want to see this comics animated. Why not in a movie or OAV?

kenjiharima 2009-09-12 03:41

Marvel cartoons animation at times doesn't feel like it doing what it needs to do, but after seeing the HULK VS and Wolverine and the X-men and their projects they're improving.

But still since the old 80's re-run of the blue Batman and Super Friends, pretty much DC's animation style has grown and evolved on me through the years.

BanishingBook 2009-09-12 04:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2639474)
Does anyone think those studios will have the guts to faithfully animate frame-by-frame, scene-by-scene from the edgier comics where we have gore and sexual themes going on anytime soon ?

I, for one, suggest they have a Batman episode based on the timeless "Killing Joke" to test drive audience reception before proceeding.

PS :- Blackest Night is an instant classic in my book now with Dick "Batman" Grayson up aganist his Parents with the Drakes joining in the fun. Oh the hilarity.

No, I think it's best not to make it "edgier" by adding sex and gore. It doesn't make it more appealing, it's the story! The girls are sexy, the action makes me stand from my seat; is there anything I am missing? Just my imagination. = \

It's okay for DCAU or Marvel Animation to put gore and sex(or implied sex) on Direct-to-DVD's. But mainstream doesn't sound good. What about the kids who'd watch them? They are too young for sensitive issues and themes like violence, sex, poltics and what else. Maybe 8 years from now they can search for that kind of material but definitely not when they are twelve year olds.

P.S. Ohhh the Graysons are back from the dead :) I hope Dick's will is as strong as Bruce Wayne :)

Dilla 2009-09-12 04:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by MakubeX2 (Post 2639474)

Doubt it, not because they can't, more because they won't. I wouldn't really care for it, personally.

Albafica 2009-09-12 05:15

Blue Batman haha :D, nostalgic. I have a tape about it in my home!

Oh and there is a new Batman telecasted in France: "Batman l'alliance des héros", "Batman the brave and the bold" in America. Someone watch it?
It seems funny...

I want to watch WonderWoman 2009, I will try to get it!