AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Older Series (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=34)
-   -   (CR) Walkure Romanze (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=120186)

Midonin 2013-06-19 14:59

Walkure Romanze

From the makers of Princess Lover!, comes the second game about royalty and high class, but this time with jousting.

Game Site
Anime Site

Story:

Quote:

Walkure Romanze's story revolves around Takahiro Mizuno, a student studying at an academy with jousting as its main focus for sport. Takahiro acts as an advisor to the riders of the sport. Takahiro goes through each day tediously until the time of the annual competition draws near. Due to some odd circumstances, his childhood friend Mio Kisaki is enrolled into the competition. She has never even ridden a horse before in her life, and Takahiro senses the fear in his friend and becomes Mio's coach.
Princess Lover did not share the same voice cast as the game, but I suspect this one might. Otherwise, not much to go on other than "it's going to air this fall."

MisaoFan 2013-06-19 15:03

I skimmed through the pics, and looking at the summary, it looks like I might check out!

Flower 2013-06-19 15:48

:twitch:

Jousting?!

Umm ... well, I must admit I would not have anticipated such a plot line.... :\

LoweGear 2013-06-19 15:56

I don't know much about the VN except for pics of it, but any title that can make women in plate armor look HAWT is worth following in my book :)

Sumeragi 2013-06-19 16:02

I know the story, and I love it. Hope they can create a good adaptation.

Kirito 2013-06-19 16:05

Cool this finally gets an anime. I'm following the manga version of this and am really liking the premise of jousting, which is unique because basketball and baseball seem like a popular concept when it comes to sports anime.

I enjoyed Princess Lover and I hope this will be a great adaptation.

NoemiChan 2013-06-19 16:43

Must watch ROMANCE>>>>!!!!!

*tores clothes

sky black swordman 2013-06-19 16:50

Considering the number of girls, I'm think harem, romance, and drama. I'm in for the girls!:heh:

Folenfant 2013-06-19 18:36

Quote:

Originally Posted by LoweGear (Post 4729360)
I don't know much about the VN except for pics of it, but any title that can make women in plate armor look HAWT is worth following in my book :)

This guy knows the score.

relentlessflame 2013-06-19 19:50

I never completely finished this game for whatever reason, but I'm about 2/3 of the way through it (and will get around to finishing it at some point). In general, I quite liked it and think that it's a good choice for a TV anime (with your expectations firmly in check in terms of what sort of plot can be done in a one-cour show).

Spoiler for Very general premise information:

Reek of Blood 2013-06-19 21:11

Outside of some H-doujins i read few months ago, i'm completely blind about this VN. Hoping it won't turn out as mindnumbingly boring and dull as Princess Lover is.

Mazryonh 2013-06-19 22:11

I hope they will retain the game's seiyuus this time. It would be the first time that Kei Mizusawa (AKA Rino Kawashima in eroge) has gotten a starring role in a mainstream TV anime series, since she voiced Celia in the original Walkure Romanze game.

Midonin 2013-06-19 22:18

Rino Kawashima is one of my favorite VAs overall (Yukari Aoyama is second), so I do agree the chance for her to show her acting chops on a late night anime (in more than a minor role) would rock.

Mazryonh 2013-06-19 22:29

Quote:

Originally Posted by Midonin (Post 4729695)
Rino Kawashima is one of my favorite VAs overall (Yukari Aoyama is second), so I do agree the chance for her to show her acting chops on a late night anime (in more than a minor role) would rock.

Sometimes not much comes out of it, sadly. Harumi Sakurai (AKA "Kazane," her eroge pseudonym) did a great job in her starring roles for Angel Beats! and H2O: Footprints in the Sand, but neither led to lasting mainstream anime success for her. Her acting is beyond reproach, so I can't for the life of me understand why, unless the stigma of regularly voicing 18+ productions was too much for her nascent fame to bear.

It'd still be great if Kei Mizusawa ("Rino Kawashima" is her 18+ productions pseudonym) beat the odds and rose to mainstream fame and acclaim through this role, however, assuming they retain the game's seiyuus this time around.

Marcus H. 2013-06-19 22:39

So based on relentlessflame's synopsis, it's Koi to Senkyo to Chocolate with jousting.
Nonetheless, I hope it is better handled than the anime adaptation of Princess Lover!.

hyl 2013-06-19 22:48

>_>
While "Kawashima Rino" is one of the better known eroge seiyuu in the industry (eventhough she has been doing more side-characters instead of main heroines lately), there is almost no chance that she will breakthrough as a regular seiyuu.

Also i didn't like the original VN that much, because i found most of it pretty boring and i ended up dropping it half way.
edit: maybe it got better in the other routes but i didn't like Mio's story and i originally played it for her route because of her seiyuu :p

Mazryonh 2013-06-19 23:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by hyl (Post 4729717)
Maybe it got better in the other routes, but I didn't like Mio's story and i originally played it for her route because of her seiyuu :p

Yep, Ai Shimizu has already made it as a mainstream seiyuu despite her work in eroge. I still don't know what separates those who do make it in that arena vs. those who don't, if acting ability isn't a problem.

Sheba 2013-06-19 23:11

It's just that Mio suffers from the "default heroine syndrome", aka her route is kinda plain. And she can't really hold a candle in term of charisma to Celia, the blonde ojou-sama. Celia's route is full of f yeah moments as far as jousting and VN are concerned, her chemistry with the MC feels the most natural imo. Finally, she is in my eyes the quintessential character type that Ricotta does the best, the oujo-sama and big sister type. In other word, my favorite type of character (which is one of the reason I supported Meiya Mitsurugi over Sumika Kagami in Muv Luv =p).

So yeah, MC x Celia shipper here.

hyl 2013-06-19 23:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mazryonh (Post 4729734)
Yep, Ai Shimizu has already made it as a mainstream seiyuu despite her work in eroge. I still don't know what separates those who do make it in that arena vs. those who don't, if acting ability isn't a problem.

You are aware that Shimizu Ai was first a mainstream seiyuu in the early and mid 2000's before doing eroge roles somewhere in 2009 after she was unable to get many roles after 2007 or 2008?
Most eroge seiyuu's are either newbie seiyuu's without many roles and who haven't had a "break" or "older" seiyuu's who don't get many (if any) roles in animes these days on a regular base.

DragoonKain3 2013-06-20 01:16

Has a childhood friend? I'm in!