AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Pumpkin Scissors (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=65)
-   -   Pumpkin Scissors Episode 14 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=40984)

xris 2006-12-31 13:27

Pumpkin Scissors Episode 14 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Pumpkin Scissors, Episode 14!

Thread Guidelines
  • No telling or asking for RAWs.
  • Try to keep spoilers from the Manga out of the anime thread.
    If you need to in reply to someone with a reference to the Manga, either PM them or use clearly marked Spoiler tags (see example below).
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if not aired.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Try to keep the discussion on topic and future episode spoilers out of the thread whenever possible.

Spoiler Tag Usage

Using Spoiler Tags is easy. Using this...

[spoiler=title]Don't forget to use the spoiler title[/spoiler]

....will get you this...

Spoiler for title:

Lost 2007-01-01 01:10

It occurred to me from 13's preview that episode 14 will

Spoiler:

Burner of Anime 2007-01-01 02:11

Also means we're about 2-3 episodes away from 'Darth' Alice and the appearance of Section1. :uhoh:

I can only pray they animate the mansion fight properly as befitting the level of hurt seen in the manga.

Sonhex 2007-01-01 13:12

No episode this week. Ep 14 airs 8th Jan. In case anyone wonders where it is...

Mgz 2007-01-01 21:33

hmmm, character dev and story processing has been slow so far :<

Burner of Anime 2007-01-01 21:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonhex (Post 785915)
No episode this week. Ep 14 airs 8th Jan. In case anyone wonders where it is...

The only answer for this is 'Arrrgh!"

No Darth Alice and the gatecrashing boatcar. :(

Deathkillz 2007-01-02 06:28

nono! >.< i want to see alice hacking the heads off some random guys XD
~ but its quite inconvenient carring around such a weapon...think its retractable? :p

aznhkpd 2007-01-03 03:18

Althought most fillers really get me mad i liked the last one. Kinda of like an easy start for this ep. This one looking at the preview seems to have more char dev and a developing storyline

Sonhex 2007-01-03 08:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Burner of Anime (Post 786272)
The only answer for this is 'Arrrgh!"

No Darth Alice and the gatecrashing boatcar. :(

Lol, Darth Alice. :)

I've been waiting a long time for her to see Mahne in action. I posted this image off the website a while back, shows the weapon in some detail:

Sonhex 2007-01-06 18:16

Ep 14 aired tonight, so the raw maybe out early too, anyway here's some caps from 2chan.

Spoiler for ep14 caps:

Mentar 2007-01-08 16:57

It is time, my friends.

It is time.

I'm using any ratings above 8 very very sparingly, and I've only pulled two tens in my entire life on this board, but finally Pumpkin Scissors has hit paydirt.

I'll give it a 9 especially for the great animation and the fact that this episode finally managed to give me some goosebumps, even though I knew what was about to happen. Which is quite a feat.

We're finally on the main track. It seems that they have been saving budget for the main storyline in the second half. Things are finally going to get REALLY good.

Bravo!

Dagger 2007-01-08 22:42

It makes one wonder... if they could fit all the awesome stuff in a single cour, why risk driving away fans by making (most of) the first thirteen episodes really unappealing? :(

Cyz 2007-01-08 23:28

Episode 14 screenshots courtesy of Random Curiosity

Sonhex 2007-01-09 07:34

As Mentar said, fantastic episode, perhaps the best yet by virtue of the skillful building of tension paired with slick animation which is certainly equal to if not better than episode one. All the characters are correctly drawn, smoothly animated and the pacing just right.

However it's the introduction of Hans which is the biggest revelation here; he's genuinely terrifying and an opponent unlike any Section III have dealt with before. The scene early one when he torches two soldiers is brutal and gruesome in the extreme - the most violent scene so far in this show. His chant of 'Cold, cold' is just ...well chilling.

9 from me also, and I hope the second half of the series is like this all the way.

Deathkillz 2007-01-09 13:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sonhex (Post 793971)
However it's the introduction of Hans which is the biggest revelation here; he's genuinely terrifying and an opponent unlike any Section III have dealt with before. The scene early one when he torches two soldiers is brutal and gruesome in the extreme - the most violent scene so far in this show. His chant of 'Cold, cold' is just ...well chilling.

well put O.o i just cringed at the sight of burning flesh >.<

well the show just got 10 times darker...i had chills running down my spine in this ep...it was well delivered ~

and its always the guy with the buck tooth thats evil :heh:

ps ~ anyone else saw the promotion for the alice's uniform after the preview? :heh:

Sonhex 2007-01-09 16:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deathkillz (Post 794237)
ps ~ anyone else saw the promotion for the alice's uniform after the preview? :heh:

Lol, that girl in the blonde wig was doing her best to look the part wasn't she. It did look like it was filmed in the foyer of Gonzo HQ. And was that a swastika on her dagger? :eyebrow: :heh:

Guido 2007-01-09 21:09

The Flame Still Burns

Now you see the good rewards that are reaped once waiting patiently after being exposed to a great deal of fillers.

I have never read the manga, but I give thanks that the show has returned to the main storyline.

Ok. There's a lot of corruption running into and out from the military. Their clients, such as Mione's Waterworks Company, pumps their lustrous money to keep happy the higher-ups that run the militia in order for certain types of priviledged favors.

Of course, Alice and the rest of Section III are proving that neither run out of energy every time that kept on prosecuting the criminals right on the spot for everyday nor that they'll be bought.

Also, I finally learned a bit more about Section I's function, and it is codenamed 'Himmel'.

Spoiler:

The best thing about the episode was how the introduction was established. It was insanity and crazy stuff with the Hans guy.
Spoiler:

A best return back to the manga material in this episode.

However, how an irony that Oreld saves the girl from those three pimps, who were trying to take advantage over her, by doing... ahem* putting his hands first on the spot which would be considered also sexual harrasement.

I mean it confuses me that Alice did not rectify or gave Oreld a good whack for his indecent action, though he fulfilled two purposes: first, to protect that girl; and second, accomplishing his ecchi habits.

Cyz 2007-01-09 23:56

Seen episode 14.

--> Well that was really interesting. Another soldier of Invisible 9 shows up: 908 HTT Dunno what the HTT stands for but I'm sure we'll know on the next one. I guess this type of soldier just burn everyone to death no? I guess what Machs said makes sense because dying while burning is not really humane...unless you're going to be cremated dead :heh: Are all Invisible 9 soldiers creepy looking? I mean Oland is creepy and that flamethrower guy kepy saying "Cold" is also creepy :heh: Anyway, what a good way to save that girl from being molested....by molesting her too. Oreld knows his stuff....sort of. You know, I'm guessing Hunks wants them to arrest that guy over and over again so they'll get the money from the mouse-like rich guy....or maybe not. Things really started to get interesting and I hope it continues. That makes 3 Invisible 9 units that showed up from the series. So that leaves 6 more?

Skane 2007-01-10 01:09

Wow, even with the lack of popularity in Pumpkin Scissors, somebody still went ahead to troll-vote it. Kinda like kicking a dog while it's down. :p What's the point?

Anyway, it gets a 9 from me. It helps that the flamethrower is one of my favourite weapons. Inhumane methods of killing be damned.

Cheers.

Mentar 2007-01-10 02:09

The funny thing is that by download numbers, Pumpkin Scissors isn't unpopular at all. In fact, it's getting more downloads than the SS-Eclipse and a.f.k versions of Kanon combined (!)

It's just that fewer people are talking about it here ^_^