AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Toradora! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=84)
-   -   Toradora! - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=75509)

Pellissier 2008-12-17 08:23

Toradora! - Episode 12 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Toradora!, Episode 12.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
Spoiler Policy
  • Any spoiler that reveals future events, even under a spoiler tag, will be deleted.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a title for the spoiler!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    to locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting prohibited spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

typhonsentra 2008-12-17 10:16

Can't wait to see how things turn out for between Taiga and her father.

wistfulloner 2008-12-17 14:07

My only wish for this episode is for the animation to be improved from the previous episode's.

typhonsentra 2008-12-17 14:24

I don't really have an eye for these things but it looked fine to me. Then again there aren't too many shots where it'd really matter in this show. Taiga's facial expressions were priceless throughout the episode though, very cute.

stormy001_M1A2 2008-12-17 14:44

The teacher need some serious counseling.

Taiga is pretty agile, she actually land perfectly after being tossed.

And the scene between Ryuji and Minorin argument is pretty well done. Kudos to the writer who keep it taut and easy to follow. Very good ep, I like it a lot.

Deathscyther 2008-12-17 15:37

Good episode:)

It was kinda a set-up episode for the next one, but it was very enjoyable:D

wistfulloner 2008-12-17 15:38

Oh, my, god, Taiga was absolutely adorable and neat in the ponytail... When she starts acting weird after Kitamura took a bite, that was a scene to remember. The part when she gets frightened of Ryuji's make up... that was absolutely priceless. I take back what I said, this episode was picture perfect.

The teacher part was totally random, but it's a nice touch to the skit.

It seems that Ryuji's concern for Taiga surpasses his crush on Minori... :)

I didn't quite understand everything due to the lack of subtitles, but I can tell the beginning was emotionally deep. Can someone explain why Taiga had that expression at the end?

SageGaiGar 2008-12-17 15:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by wistfulloner (Post 2113025)
Oh, my, god, Taiga was absolutely adorable and neat in the ponytail... When she starts acting weird after Kitamura took a bite, that was a scene to remember. The part when she gets frightened of Ryuji's make up... that was absolutely priceless. I take back what I said, this episode was picture perfect.

The teacher part was totally random, but it's a nice touch to the skit.

It seems that Ryuji's concern for Taiga surpasses his crush on Minori... :)

I didn't quite understand everything due to the lack of subtitles, but I can tell the beginning was emotionally deep. Can someone explain why Taiga had that expression at the end?

Spoiler for Taiga expression at end:

ani_d 2008-12-17 17:09

Seems like Minorin got upset because Taiga is with her father again. The father might be a liar and shouldn't be trusted. And that's the first time we saw Minorin get upset so that says a lot. :)

I loved Ryuuji's yankee make up with eyeliner and stuff. They shouldn't have taken it off:heh:

FireDetei 2008-12-17 18:09

Spoiler for ep 12 and minorin:

roan 2008-12-17 18:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by FireDetei (Post 2113276)
Spoiler for ep 12 and minorin:

The common way of interpreting that line is simply
Spoiler:

Kaoru Chujo 2008-12-17 21:17

I have no idea what's wrong between Taiga and her father, but Minorin's strong reaction shows that there is something pretty bad there. I don't think it can be abuse, but.... I have been pretty frustrated with Ryuuji through this whole thing: how dare he interfere in her family life. She knows her father and he doesn't. He is just misapplying his own experience to her. Don't we all, lol.

Great Ami stuff in this episode. I like her when she isn't being a selfish and aggressive b.

kyomagi 2008-12-17 21:25

Can anyone say for sure why Taiga looked shocked at the end? Did her father abandon her again? What did that sign say?

Peanutbutter 2008-12-17 21:27

Spoiler for Ep 12:

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyomagi (Post 2113661)
Can anyone say for sure why Taiga looked shocked at the end? Did her father abandon her again? What did that sign say?

Spoiler:

kyomagi 2008-12-18 00:01

thanks a bunch. I wonder how this mini arc will end next week

does anyone know where i can download the new opening and ending theme?

wistfulloner 2008-12-18 07:43

Taiga's apartment seems to be cleared out. Are they renovating the place or are they moving out?

kyomagi 2008-12-18 08:11

not sure if its cleared out. It just looks like it is. It seems after this last episode shes not going anywhere

houkoholic 2008-12-18 08:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by kyomagi (Post 2113891)
does anyone know where i can download the new opening and ending theme?

The new opening and ending themes aren't even out yet in the anime or on CD. Also I'm pretty sure it is against forum rules to ask for direct downloads.

Quote:

Originally Posted by wistfulloner (Post 2114401)
Taiga's apartment seems to be cleared out. Are they renovating the place or are they moving out?

They are moving out, at least that's what Taiga's father says as the apartment is "too small for two people".

You really should wait for subs....

kyomagi 2008-12-18 08:50

I highly doubt that will happen now. After he ditched her at the play, and Ryuuji realizing that hes a jerk, will most likely talk her out of it next week. Plus this is only a 3 episode mini arc it seems.

Kinny Riddle 2008-12-18 09:48

Once again, I have to conclude: Taiga looks much, much cuter in a ponytail. :love: :love: It's about time the image thread get some ponytail Taiga fanart in.

Artwork improved from last episode. Character dynamics remains top-notch. Ryuji shows he's no mere wimp when getting into a bust-up with Minori, when hearing her say things he feels is just wrong, from his perspective so far anyway, and he might be wrong himself, but he doesn't know that at the moment. It must feel miserable for anyone to have to get into a fight with the girl of his dreams, but it takes a certain attitude to be able to actually stand up to her if they think she's wrong.

Things will become clear in the conclusion episode next week.

Ami's character also became more interesting, ending up being the one to cheer Ryuji up after the bust-up. She has indeed changed since the trip to the summer house.

I wonder if Kitamura was eating Taiga's crepe on purpose, when he already has someone else in mind. Or is he simply just carefree to not make a big deal about these "indirect kisses"? Taiga is so adorable when she panicked and force fed the Kitamura-bitten crepe into Ryuji's mouth, and then regrets doing that afterwards. :love:

The Shadow Brigade finally made their appearance, ferrying the deranged Yuri-sensei away to the dreaded "Morgue". Ironically, her vengeful prank on her class in organizing a pro-wrestling show turns out to be a blessing in disguise for Class 2-C, as it turned out every other class decided to have their own cosplay cafe. :heh:

Trivia: Besides the student council president Sumire in another cameo, Tomiie Kouta, the unlucky protagonist of the Toradora Spinoff, also finally gets a dialogue line in. (Sumire's sister can also be glimpsed for a while. )