AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   General Chat (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=6)
-   -   Triple Play Releases (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=98457)

Sides 2010-10-22 07:23

Triple Play Releases (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy)

Basically i was trying to preorder Inception today, and came across the Triple Play issue/version. From what i understand is, you get the film on Blu-ray, DVD and as a Digital Copy. The other thing is, it is just 5 quid more than the Blu-Ray or DVD only release.
So what do you guys think of it, should anime and others follow this model? Obviously the advantage is, if you still don't have a blu-ray player yet, getting this release enable you to watch the DVD or Digital Copy(?) until you can afford a blu-ray player, and you don't have to buy it again.

Ending 2010-10-22 07:37

IMO, the only reason to get a DVD/BD release is because it's too big to download (either because of 3D and/or high quality) or localized language. Digital releases can be burned on any media later on or watched on any device with a little bit of tinkering.

DragoZERO 2010-10-22 11:09

I think it's absurd but it's okay if it's an alternative, as in, they have combo/triple play, BD & DVD choices. Not do like Disney does and only have the combo pack.

Jinto 2010-10-22 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sides (Post 3309838)
Basically i was trying to preorder Inception today, and came across the Triple Play issue/version. From what i understand is, you get the film on Blu-ray, DVD and as a Digital Copy. The other thing is, it is just 5 quid more than the Blu-Ray or DVD only release.

This is because the disks cost next to nothing while you are actually paying for the content the value creation chain and the packaging (+delivery).

synaesthetic 2010-10-22 11:20

I personally had this idea a while ago to start an online music store called "Then and Now" that sells albums on vinyl LP, and after checking out and ordering your LP, a digital FLAC or MP3 320kbps download of the same album is made available for a small surcharge.

Vinyl is pretty cool, and a good turntable setup can sound phenomenal, but getting your LPs on your portable device isn't the easiest thing in the world--you have to record them via line-in analog at real-time recording speeds--pretty big problem when you have lots of LPs.

This would give consumers a digital copy of the music to listen to while they wait for their LP to ship. Plus they could continue to use the MP3s on their portable devices even after they've received the LP, without having to muck about with analog line-in recording and editing.

I don't see why movie vendors couldn't do something similar.

Sides 2010-10-23 04:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by synaesthetic (Post 3310033)
I personally had this idea a while ago to start an online music store called "Then and Now" that sells albums on vinyl LP, and after checking out and ordering your LP, a digital FLAC or MP3 320kbps download of the same album is made available for a small surcharge.

I don't see why movie vendors couldn't do something similar.

Yeah i kind of like this idea. Paying for the content rights in gerneral, rather than for each medium.

Random32 2010-10-24 13:12

I don't really see why the average person would want a DVD and a BluRay, but I would gladly pay 5 more quid for a real disk + digital version.

synaesthetic 2010-10-24 15:50

I wouldn't, since you can just rip the disc yourself for free. :heh: