AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=138)
-   -   xxxHOLiC Rou Adayume OAD (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=99987)

Lilith 2010-12-24 01:21

xxxHOLiC Rou Adayume OAD

Schedueled to release in Spring 2011, from CLAMP now:
Quote:

xxxHolic Volume 19 will be released on March 9th with the new OAD. The title is xxxHOLiC ・Rou Adayume. The staff is comprised of the same people from the previous OAD, and Nanase Ookawa is writing the screenplay. CLAMP will again be illustrating the case cover.
The official website has a nice splash picture. Watanuki presumes his postion as the shop's master... my eyes get teary when I remember this goofy slave, and now he's so mature... guess we'll never see him again getting worked up over trivial things.

I have several questions:
-The length? 25 min like a normal episode or 45 mins like ROU OVA?
-The story?? Now, I don't follow the manga, but I understood that the manga is set 4 years after the incident, and ROU OVA was set 10 years. So Adayume will be...?
-Why release set of OVAs instead of a nice set of 11 episodes? :(
-Kinda unrelated, but... Will Tsubasa's final Arc get animated?

Cosmic Eagle 2010-12-25 22:34

Alright...very much looking forward to this...

-Sho- 2010-12-25 23:09

Yup , i'll watch this. I wonder when they'll make a 2nd season cuz with all those ova i'm lost.

orion 2010-12-31 18:05

So how old is Doumeki going to be now? Was he 26-28 in Rou? I'd say how old Watanuki is but is his time stopped?

Lilith 2011-01-01 01:06

26~28 I guess you're right.

As for Watanuki, he did seem more mature (maybe cuz of the smoking and the woredrobe...) but I think he's stuck just like Yuuko. :( But maybe in the manga it's explained more, the anime didn't tell us why Yuuko was gone or Watanuki's wish consequences (not aging and prisioner in the shop).

karumofin 2011-01-02 13:40

sorry, no.
the last ova was so abysmally bad that im not even going to check this one out.

orion 2011-01-02 22:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilith (Post 3417208)
26~28 I guess you're right.

As for Watanuki, he did seem more mature (maybe cuz of the smoking and the woredrobe...) but I think he's stuck just like Yuuko. :( But maybe in the manga it's explained more, the anime didn't tell us why Yuuko was gone or Watanuki's wish consequences (not aging and prisioner in the shop).

Yuuko died (her time restarted) in the beginning of Rou and got reborn in Rou as a Izuna user.

Lilith 2011-01-03 06:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by karumofin (Post 3419299)
sorry, no.
the last ova was so abysmally bad that im not even going to check this one out.

What why. :( The music, the art and the story of the Izuna were very good. Personally, my only complaint was how abrupt everything seemed in the beginning (Yuuko's death and Watanuki's decision).

Your post made me wonder how popular Holic is now that Tsubasa ended and Yuuko's gone...

Quote:

Originally Posted by orion (Post 3419831)
Yuuko died (her time restarted) in the beginning of Rou and got reborn in Rou as a Izuna user.

I guess this is a possibility. But if she really existed, then Watanuki's wish is grante and he no longer needs to run the shop... right?

Shiroth 2011-01-03 07:08

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilith (Post 3420294)
What why. :( The music, the art and the story of the Izuna were very good. Personally, my only complaint was how abrupt everything seemed in the beginning (Yuuko's death and Watanuki's decision).

Your post made me wonder how popular Holic is now that Tsubasa ended and Yuuko's gone...

A lot of the people who didn't enjoy the last OVA are not manga readers, so you can understand why all these sudden changes in the story for them are not going to be enjoyed. There's even a few manga readers who didn't enjoy it that much, though personally i like how it's telling a 'future' story of the manga. Looks like Adayume will do the same.

Cosmic Eagle 2011-01-03 08:50

Admittedly, the last OVA was rather abrupt. Even when compared to the current manga

orion 2011-01-03 20:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilith (Post 3420294)

I guess this is a possibility. But if she really existed, then Watanuki's wish is grante and he no longer needs to run the shop... right?

From what I understand of the situation, Watanuki has a problem of his own that was in TRC manga and not revealed in Rou. So he still has a reason for being in the shop. He can be less depressed now.

The problem I have with the OADs is that we are getting a snapshot in time and not an explanation of the backstory.

thundrakkon 2011-03-31 01:30

I finally got around to watching the second OVA. As a non-manga viewer, it was confusing to say the least. I still enjoyed it, but felt pretty sad watching it.

Is this OVA set near the end of the manga, or is it somewhere in the middle of when the anime series ended and the end of the manga?

karumofin 2011-05-09 08:15

So just watched this, was a big improvement over the last one. I enjoyed it, although it does make me sad that there isn't just a new season, there should have been plenty of metrial by now.

-Sho- 2011-07-22 10:53

Watched Rou & this. I was lost , dunno wth happened...

tyciol 2011-07-27 23:43

I always love new stuff from series like xxxHolic and all that but...

Is it just me, or do you basically keep a notepad document in with your anime files to remind yourself what order everything comes in? These titles get me all confused :)