AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Video Games (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Torchlight 1 & 2 (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=89763)

Nosauz 2009-12-26 23:18

Torchlight 1 & 2

Do you love diablo? Did you play the Mythos beta? Well this is the game for you! Get your crazy min maxing ass back into a game that is basically a great diablo clone, this is a great to get and it's currently on sale for five bucks on steam

SageGaiGar 2009-12-27 00:33

I picked it up when it was 9.99 >_< Good game and the sale I for 4.99 I think is only good for today. Normal price is 19.99 so it's fine.

I *love* being able to send my pet to sell stuff.

plmko 2009-12-27 03:47

Its cheap so who can complain.

Vexx 2009-12-27 04:10

Hmmm, seems like this was discussed somewhere... but whatever. Yeah, I considered it a great buy for $10 ( when last on sale). Steam is having a sale through the end of the month on a number of their "small gems".

I like playing this one on "hard permadeath" ... it encourages alertness.

Vexx 2012-04-27 22:57

Waking this thread up for Torchlight 2 ... I just got a pre-order email from them.

It looks like they partnered with PerfectWorld Entertainment and multiplayer will be an intrinsic part...

http://torchlight2.perfectworld.com/

synaesthetic 2012-04-27 23:48

TORCHLIGHT 2 :D :D :D

Vexx, I will hijack you for multiplayer co-op dungeoneering shenanigans. :heh:

Vexx 2012-04-27 23:58

I'm *probably* going to get Tera next month ... I just have to survive the budgetary outlays of the next few weeks (property taxes, a trip to a graduation, new glasses for the Small Tsundere, etc)

synaesthetic 2012-04-28 00:04

If you do, come to Celestial Hills. :)

-Sho- 2012-04-28 04:11

I want a release date T_T

Ak3mi 2012-04-28 09:32

I think I read somewhere on Pc gamer that Torchlight 2 most idealy will be released a 2 or 3 months after Diablo 3. If I find the thread il post it here.

If diablo 3 fails to impress me Torchlight 2 here I come :D

Hoaviet 2012-05-21 05:02

Torchlight II

This any good, missed out on the beta weekend and don't have a beta pass

Peoples who played it

Worth the cash or not

Ak3mi 2012-05-21 05:18

There is already a thread on Torchlight 2, but it wasn't very active.
I played the beta a little, from what I played I think it will be a very nice game to play with your friends. Torchlight 1 was heavy dungeon crawling and people didn't like it too much, so with 2 they have large open area's with cave's and such to explore.
The look of the game is nice, and the armours are whacky and cool from what dropped for me.
If you don't like diablo 3 then pick this game up when it comes out. If you want to see more footage check this: http://www.pcgamer.com/2012/05/18/to...-this-weekend/. Follow the links in the description for what class you want to see too.

Torchlight 2 does have some competition when it comes out, Path of exile will also be coming out at the same time (most likely) which is a f2p Hack and Slash.

Paranoid Android 2012-05-21 15:57

My friends and I got the $60 4-pack that includes 4 copies of Torchlight 1 and 4 copies of Torchlight 2. Cheap as hell.

I like the part where the lead designer was the one for Diablo 1 and 2 but I don't like this 'published by Perfect World Entertainment' (what did you dooo D: <)

Torchlight 1 is quite unimpressive. But the co-op aspect of the sequel seems to be promising. I'm simply thinking back of how my friends and I played magicka xD

Firefly00 2012-05-21 18:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ak3mi (Post 4169666)
There is already a thread on Torchlight 2, but it wasn't very active.
I played the beta a little, from what I played I think it will be a very nice game to play with your friends. Torchlight 1 was heavy dungeon crawling and people didn't like it too much, so with 2 they have large open area's with cave's and such to explore.

I got in on this too; had a great time taking an engineer through it, seeing as this class was the closest to what I tried to do with TL1's alchemist.

Quote:

The look of the game is nice, and the armours are whacky and cool from what dropped for me.
They get kudos, as noted in this thread on the official forums, for managing to keep away from female armor being more for fanservice than function. And now, here's what said engineer and his avian companion look like...

Spoiler for Image and Caption:

Quote:

Torchlight 2 does have some competition when it comes out, Path of exile will also be coming out at the same time (most likely) which is a f2p Hack and Slash.
Which is itself quite fun and challenging in its own right, now that they've revamped monster behavior and added traps and totems. The Viper Strike/Puncture/Vulnerability combo still works wonders for putting bosses, champions, and assorted nuisances in their place...

Spoiler for Explanation:

tootbrush 2012-05-22 16:49

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 4170395)
I like the part where the lead designer was the one for Diablo 1 and 2 but I don't like this 'published by Perfect World Entertainment' (what did you dooo D: <)

Actually, the lead designer, Travis Baldree, gained fame with FATE and later Mythos. The guys from Blizzard North (the Schaefer brothers, Matt Uelmen, Peter Hu) do other work at Runic/on the game.

PWE published Torchlight too. After its release they bought a majority stake in Runic. So far it looks like they don't really care what Runic does.

Paranoid Android 2012-05-23 08:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by tootbrush (Post 4171875)
Actually, the lead designer, Travis Baldree, gained fame with FATE and later Mythos. The guys from Blizzard North (the Schaefer brothers, Matt Uelmen, Peter Hu) do other stuff.

PWE published Torchlight too. After its release they bought a majority stake in Runic. So far it looks like they don't really care what Runic does.

Oh oops. I didn't look too much into that. The game mechanics resemble Diablo so much and I read somewhere that they have Blizz North people.

Firefly00 2012-05-24 19:08

"Endex; all operatives off the field."

The stress test concluded at 1900 EST; it's not unreasonable to conclude that development has rounded third base and is in the home stretch. I put in a marathon session last night with a different sort of engineer build; in so doing, got to asemble the Estherian gear aesthetic...

Spoiler for Imagery:

Paranoid Android 2012-05-25 07:10

there's a lotta detail on that backpack looking thing compared to everything else
o__o

Are there any special particle effects for certain gear? It would be nice if all set gears gave off certain auras and uniques had minor fx :P

Firefly00 2012-05-25 17:26

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paranoid Android (Post 4175419)
there's a lotta detail on that backpack looking thing compared to everything else

I suspect that's because the backpack is a static model; it doesn't have to animate like the clothes do.

Quote:

Are there any special particle effects for certain gear?
Yes; weapons with elemental damage have appropriate auras (the first greatsword has +poison; the claws have +ice) - in cases where there are multiple elemental enhancements, I think the last one on the list is the one whose aura is shown. I've already suggested the idea of having them rotate (that is, change aura every X seconds; all effects would still be applied normally in combat).

Quote:

It would be nice if all set gears gave off certain auras and uniques had minor fx :P
Also suggested that they do something to make set pieces a bit distinct from those of their base aesthetic. For example, the metallic accents for the Formal Regent set could be gold.

(29 May) And speaking of imagery, a fellow beta tester was nice enough to compile complete outfits of all the aesthetics (Estherin excepted) that were dropping natively therein (it covered all of Act 1; with stuff native to Act 2 showing up in the store once you hit the level-21 cap)...

Daniel E. 2012-06-23 23:03

I just heard the "chance to disenchant" was removed in Torchlight 2, and I was wondering if anyone that played the beta could confirm this.