AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Gundam (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=40)
-   -   Why is Gundam Seed Destiny so controversial? (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=27039)

dom33 2005-12-28 16:19

Why is Gundam Seed Destiny so controversial?

first off i'm surprised shinji103,wingdarkness,or eidolon sniper-sensei didn't make this topic first.
okay now we all know destiny sucked and was the bigest letdown in gundam history.but we wonder why?well servral obvious reasons are reat of seed,old cast god-moding/plot devicing,nerfing shinn and his piloting skills but i belive the true cause to be the lack of planning.i mean i heard episode 41 wasn't going to be ANOTHER clipshow.that's proof.

neodrag38 2005-12-28 16:20

I thought a thread on this subject was already made.

dom33 2005-12-28 16:22

there was? it's prolly gone now.

Last_Hope 2005-12-28 16:28

DID GSD really fail?

It certainly didn´t live up to the expectations of those wanting to see something more than a superrobot show, but as a superrobot/"superhero" show is GSD that horribly? Since that is what GSD is...?

In my book Destiny is approved, far from the best but far from the worst.

Not trying to prove anything here really (if anyone thinks I´m referring to neodrags avatar and sig). But Destiny feels like it can be put in the same category with One Piece rather than, as close as, SEED. That´s what I think make so many people so frustrated with Destiny, you try to put it somewhere it don´t belong.

mangatron 2005-12-28 16:33

I think GSD was not enjoyable with the immense amount of re-used animation. Became....how shall we say,...."I've seen that before somewhere" :heh: :heh:

mikyu 2005-12-28 16:35

everything on GSD was a fail for me ... but what exactliy? .. hmmm

the first episode, I mean ... the appearance of Neo and his drugies.

SlugZilla 2005-12-28 16:44

GSD suffered from a multitude of flaws:
Unexciting combat, unoriginal gundams, boring plot, horrible pacing, lack of development for Shinn, the ending.

Knightmare213 2005-12-28 16:50

The main reason why Gundam Franchise exists now is for video/DVD sales, as well as the model sales such as Freedom Gundam 1/60 HG. The model sales weren't so bad, I believe, and the DVD sales are all high.

So in point of view of Bandai, Destiny was a successful series due to its high items sale.

I think some of us think that Destiny is a failure is because there were too many recap episodes, stocked animations (especially the battle scenes) and poor and plot-copied story.

tetsuo69 2005-12-28 16:52

GSD was worth the watch ^_^ or who the F***K would be stupid enough to watch all 50 Ep? and still hate every single Ep? Rofl
only people with out a life would still watch 50 ep that they find stupid/pointless/shitty/crap.. and would also expect the extra ep to make up for what they thought was a shitty/crap gundam series... seriously

mikyu 2005-12-28 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Knightmare213
I think some of us think that Destiny is a failure is because there were too many recap episodes, stocked animations (especially the battle scenes) and poor and plot-copied story.

I actually think it was a failure not only cause of recaps and so on ... the development of ALL characters were bad :frustrated:

Quote:

Originally Posted by tetsuo69
GSD was worth the watch ^_^ or who the F***K would be stupid enough to watch all 50 Ep? and still hate every single Ep? Rofl

I watched all 51 episode because I had hopes.

tetsuo69 2005-12-28 17:04

Quote:

I watched all 51 episode because I had hopes.
i watch the first 5-7 Ep of Turn A after i notice that it was bored as hell i stop.. but i guess we dont all think the same ^^

Quote:

Not trying to prove anything here really (if anyone thinks I´m referring to neodrags avatar and sig). But Destiny feels like it can be put in the same category with One Piece rather than, as close as, SEED. That´s what I think make so many people so frustrated with Destiny, you try to put it somewhere it don´t belong.
i think i agreed with you one this one

Arutima 2005-12-28 17:06

-EA never pull a good fight
-lack of character developement for everyone
-some characters (Athrun, Cagalli) loosing their awersomness they had at the end of GS
-pacing (two recaps episode in the ten last episodes, anyone? )
-too much reused animations make baby jesus cry
-scripters pulling a breath of fire IV plot (main character at the beginning is a "villain" for the last part of the story) .some likes , others hates it like the plague
-reviving Mwu is one big mistake (his death GS made me sad =( , and it had meanings that got destroyed with him coming back in GSD)

Demongod86 2005-12-28 17:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by dom33
first off i'm surprised shinji103,wingdarkness,or eidolon sniper-sensei didn't make this topic first.
okay now we all know destiny sucked and was the bigest letdown in gundam history.but we wonder why?well servral obvious reasons are reat of seed,old cast god-moding/plot devicing,nerfing shinn and his piloting skills but i belive the true cause to be the lack of planning.i mean i heard episode 41 wasn't going to be ANOTHER clipshow.that's proof.

Who says it's a failure? I happened to think it was quite a successful anime. The only things that irked me were the missed opportunities to have Shinn see the big picture (Fukuda FINALLY got the message at the VERY VERY END), and the constant reused animation. That, and shamelessly trashing Freedom to get SF in for more model sales. Aka ep 34. But overall, it was quite enjoyable.

neodrag38 2005-12-28 18:03

You think it's successful because you got what you wanted. All that seemed to matter to you is having a repetition of how GS ended except to a one-sided level when it comes to your hate for what was once the main character for GSD.

mangatron 2005-12-28 18:07

One thing I forgot to mention, another thing I didn't like, was that in the end,....no one told Shinn he killed Captain Todaka. I mean, it's almost as if Todaka's sacrifice was anything but a sacrifice....I guess only the Orb's know it then...but come on, at least let Shinn find out whatever way possible.

neodrag38 2005-12-28 18:17

Well, what do you expect? It's clear that character deaths only occur to become overdone flashbacks. Though Todaka doesn't even get that does he?

Owaranai Destiny 2005-12-28 22:02

GSD failed in the sense that it did not live up to its hype as well, I suppose. The three druggies, who had so much hype around them simply faded out into simple side characters, and its probably only Stellar that had any impact on what little character and plot development.

Repetitive scenes, overdone emphasis on old characters (You know they won't die) and meaningless episodes of flashbacks as well a unoriginal Gundam designs...Need I say more?

Vallen Chaos Valiant 2005-12-28 22:19

And what the @#$% happened to Girty-Lue!!!!:frustrated:

I loved that ship! There was almost infinite tactical potential in that work-of-art, and yet they just kept it out of the war until it was used as an escape vessel, just to be blown up!

So much potential... wasted...:upset:

mangatron 2005-12-28 22:28

Uhm, just a question. Why are people referring to the Extended's as Druggies? Seriously, of all the episodes that showed the Extended's, not once did I see them orally take medication. All they had were their nice comfy domed love beds.....:uhoh: :heh: :heh:

FogHog 2005-12-28 22:46

a certain director and writer couple caused GSD to fail