AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Manga (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=156)
-   -   Beelzebub (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=79139)

Mizuno 2009-03-13 02:06

Beelzebub

Beelzebub
http://img8.imageshack.us/img8/9265/011yvj.jpg

Sypnosis: Serialized in Weekly Shounen Jump in February 2009. The story is about this invincible delinquent who found this mysterious baby by accident and the baby became attached to him. It turns out the baby is in fact the next Demon King in line and now Oga Tatsumi (the main character) is chosen as his parent. Burdened with the responsibility to raise the kid while avoiding the kid to grow up to a demon that ends all mankind, what kind of trouble awaits the legendary Oga?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Only 3 chapters are out so far, but it's absolutely hilarious. I was sold from the first chapter and haven't been disappointed yet.

Also, there was apparently a one-shot version of this manga in one of last year's Jump Issue.

blade82 2009-03-13 02:50

i like this manga (fight and gag) thts just what i need.
it's just hilarious he can't find someone more evil than him.

PNGO 2009-03-13 17:06

Amazing new manga, I have really high hopes for this one :)

kakakka 2009-03-13 21:13

This one sets my sister and I laughing when we were reading this. I hope they do longer than 3 chapters.

incube 2009-03-14 05:43

Very interesting plot... and the girl is some kind of demon sent to protect the baby? oh nvm ill just read it and find out by myself xD

Mizuno 2009-03-15 00:39

Chapter 4 is out.

Spoiler for 4:

LeaD36 2009-03-15 16:50

i read the first 2 scanlated chapters and man, this manga is in for da lulz

Mizuno 2009-03-16 02:40

The last page in chapter 4 cracks me up the most, "the demon lord's warcry... DAA BUU!!!" :heh:

But it needs more Hilda panel time. :p

Riker 2009-03-16 03:24

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizuno (Post 2275731)
But it needs more Hilda panel time. :p

Hear, Hear!

p.s. Last few posts had pink avatars.

Mizuno 2009-03-16 05:32

Indeed. And if you include sig, that's 7 straight pink posts (including this one). :p

And did I mention baby's hair is pink?

Wargumm1i 2009-03-16 16:01

Does anyone think that the Demon maid and Oga might start an relationship? I mean they are the ones who are going to raise the demon king.

Mizuno 2009-03-16 16:53

Hilda hasn't fully acknowledged him yet. I think eventually there'll be times where she'll get flustered by his evilness... ;)
Nothing more wins the heart of maiden than getting saved by a prince on his white horse or in her case, some sort of Dark Knight. :heh:

I think wait till the demon lord grow up a bit and he's able to talk, he might start calling her mama... :heh:

Mizuno 2009-03-22 23:47

ch 5

I wonder if someone can confirm whether the demon lord wants Hilda to be the baby's "mother" or just his nanny. The translation says mother but I think it would have been better for it to be left as "parent". I checked ははおや and it can also mean female parent.

At first when I read it, I thought there's the implication that the demon lord wants Hilda to be the mom... as in a concubine.

The page in question,

I read a chinese scan and the demon lord said "Just think of yourself as his mother. I'm counting on you." whereas the english scan says "I've intended for you to be the mother. I'm counting on you." Obviously the word choice and tone is different, and hence a bit misleading. But what I gather is, he wants Hilda to care for the baby and nothing else.

Anyway, it was a fun chapter. I LOL'ed when the baby wet the bed, I mean room... :heh: and Oga went ahead and tie a knot to his little elephant hahaha... :D No diaper is able to absorb all those urine.

kakakka 2009-03-23 09:19

You know what's ironic?
Oga dreamed of ocean at the beginning, but he never thought about getting the baby to the ocean to solve the baby wet problem.He went straight to diapers :heh:

kittybear 2009-03-23 14:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by kakakka (Post 2292061)
You know what's ironic?
Oga dreamed of ocean at the beginning, but he never thought about getting the baby to the ocean to solve the baby wet problem.He went straight to diapers :heh:

Guess oga is the one to blame for the rising of sea level:heh:. He wont drown the japan is piss but drown the world in holy urine:heh:

Vree 2009-03-23 15:26

I'm loving this manga to death xD Boy, the manga I used to think as "funny" don't even come close to the extent this one continues to crack me up. Oga's narration...Rules soo hard! A must read!

Although, I was kind of disappointed that after avoiding being forced into accepting the kid in chapter 1 he still ends up having to accept it out of fear of being shocked by his crying in chap 2. I'm yet to see a manga hero who does NOT let himself to be scared into dubious contracts by his supernatural sidekicks. Damn it, Oga, and I really hoped that you'll be it, too.

X207 2009-03-23 15:39

lol this manga is rather funny, i'll most likely follow it closely.

Bonta Kun 2009-03-23 16:35

Just decided to check this out as it was there on OM and HOLY CRAP its awesome!!

Only a few chapters out and already I think this could be a real fav of mine, I mean we got one real actually bad ass lead, a super lovely gothic gigaboobs lass, and a demon king baby!:D

just win!

kakakka 2009-03-23 16:41

They seem to be focusing on characters now. I hope they don't much affect the fun scenes :D

Mizuno 2009-03-23 21:11

The thing that got me was when they said that in the silence, only the demon lord's warcry is heard. ROFL, you would imagine something similar to warcraft orcs yelling but instead you have baby going Daa Baa DU... :heh: