AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Reviews & Recommendations (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=15)
-   -   Anime for my brother. (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=3444)

wnkryo 2003-12-25 20:25

Anime for my brother.

He like anime with super crazy powers, and has alot of action.
Similar to DBZ.

Xiandu 2003-12-25 20:57

Condor Hero gets pretty crazy
Shadow Skill is cool
E's Otherwise, no scratch that forgot the ending is horrible
Chrno Crusade is TIGHT
Fullmetal Alchemist maybe, losts of cools stuff going on with alchemy

sothis 2003-12-25 20:58

Scryed is great for super powers and action.

Youko Recca 2003-12-26 01:31

Flame of Recca
Yu Yu Hakuho
s-CRY-ed
Naruto

....I GUARANTEE these will be all that is needed.

HellRaver 2003-12-26 14:00

Scry-ED
Star Ocean EX
Tokyo Underground (lots of strange powers there)

Lain 2003-12-26 17:14

Give him Hellsing. It'll make him a little less stupid along the way.

Hellychan 2003-12-26 17:20

Get Backers!! :D

jir0 2003-12-26 20:30

nothing surpasses the crazy power of a horn that grows out of your head which also produces robots. FLCL. of course.

i used to like DBZ because of all the light-ball things they threw around...like fireworks.

wnkryo 2003-12-26 21:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hellychan
Get Backers!! :D

Nah, he doesnt like that >.< But Scryed is a really good one.

Some other good ones to mention still would be nice. Something with kick ass martial arts isnt is also what im looking for becuase it seems he also likes that.

BTW, thanks all for you help.

Thelastguardian 2003-12-26 23:47

watch evangelion.

It is so good that I garantee you after your brother finish both TV and OVA alike he will have his eyes bug out, and he will have a whole new understanding and experience of our wonderful world :D . But to have this effect you must have him watch the show from start to end non-stop inside a dark room alone ;) . This serie is a must for any anime fan.

wnkryo 2003-12-26 23:51

Quote:

Originally Posted by Thelastguardian
watch evangelion.

It is so good that I garantee you after your brother finish both TV and OVA alike he will have his eyes bug out, and he will have a whole new understanding and experience of our wonderful world :D . But to have this effect you must have him watch the show from start to end non-stop inside a dark room alone ;) . This serie is a must for any anime fan.

I am wary to stay far FAR away from this. Becuase it's to complex, with to much talking ;) .

Let me make some sound affects of the type of anime im looking for: "BANG BANG, shapoooof, BROOOOWWWW, kABOOOM, KIyAAAAA". Ehem, you get the picture... hopefully =/

OFFSPRiNGCo16 2003-12-27 01:44

Just as Youko Recca said,
Flame of Recca
Yu Yu Hakuho
s-CRY-ed
Naruto
are all good choices. Some others to check out might be Orphen (has some cool magic, pretty powerful stuff :)) and urmm....Hunter x Hunter might be good. But if he was looking some with really super like powers, Yu Yu Hakusho is probably the way to go. Similar powers to DBZ, and it has a better plot. (What doesnt have a better plot than dbz?) Flame of Recca is also kind of high on the power scale...although in a slightly different way and Scyed is just big power + lots of action = coolness. (Although it was just a good series and not great it may be just what your bro wants)

JAppi 2003-12-28 09:49

I would suggest:
One Piece
Konjiki no Gash Bell

Xiandu 2003-12-28 15:59

Well seeing as how no seems to pay attention to the fact he looking for fighting anime mostly. Let me step in and make some suggestions.

Grappler Baki, if he likes fighting anime then he should definitely love this one, i know i do and i love fighting anime

The New Fist of the Northstar, sorry forgot the japanese name, very bloody and violent as hell but good fighting

Shadow Skill tv, very good fighting and cool characters

Condor Hero, very old anime but the story and fighting are top notch

Scryed, now i haven't seen it, but i know the fight scenes are very big and drawn out like dbz

hope this helps your brother out some, when i think of some more anime, i will pop back in, well happy hunting.

ShounenOnmyoujiiscoo 2007-03-02 20:17

Well I know of one that has powering up and has a lot of fighting in it
all of the Hunter X Hunter series parts

the url http://anidb.info/perl-bin/animedb.p...=anime&aid=132

SeijiSensei 2007-03-02 20:40

This doesn't qualify in the bang, crash, boom genre, but if you're willing to try and expand his horizons a bit, have him watch a bit of Hikaru no Go. I know it's about Go, but really it's a great anime and should appeal to younger viewers. (From your description, I'm guessing he's younger than you, perhaps preteen/early-teens?)

Whitemoon648 2007-03-02 22:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by wnkryo (Post 50380)
He like anime with super crazy powers, and has alot of action.
Similar to DBZ.

Has he seen Bleach?.

Or Mai-Hime/Otome ( Full of action, fantasy, super power and awsome BMG)

Rurouni Kenshin

Gash Bell

Fate/Stay night

Crystal_Method 2007-03-02 23:05

You guys realize that this is a thread from 4 years ago, right? I mean I don't think there is any need for giving suggestions after 4 years. :heh:

Whitemoon648 2007-03-03 02:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by Crystal_Method (Post 849781)
You guys realize that this is a thread from 4 years ago, right? I mean I don't think there is any need for giving suggestions after 4 years. :heh:

oh darn. I didnt notice it eaither ROFL .