AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Naruto/Boruto (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   [Manga] Chapter 339 Discussion (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=42180)

Syaoran 2007-01-26 08:39

[Manga] Chapter 339 Discussion

Welcome to the weekly manga chapter discussion thread .

As per the forums rules, please don't ask or mention where to download the (licensed) manga. Also remember not to post or link to any translations of the manga, since this is illegal as well. Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome) but please do not discuss scans, raws, translation groups, etc.

Also note that only moderators or designated members will be able to create this thread.

Naruto 339: 新術・・・ - New Jutsu...

Short Summary
After Shikamaru set off the explosive tags with his cigarette, a huge explosion followed above the hole, Hidan in the middle.

The explosion torned Hidan apart, making him unable to do anything, but he isn't dead yet. His head remained intact.
He's laughing out loudly at Shikamaru. Saying he actually got him.

Hidan yells at Shikamaru that his god, Jashin will punish him for what he did. This doesn't impress Shikamaru at all, brushing of Hidan's belief as bullshit. He believes in Konoha and its Will of Fire. It's Shikamaru who's going to punish and that being said, he pulls a string, making another tag explode. Huge piles of rock are burrying Hidan in his grave, while he screams he'll kill Shikamaru no matter what, he only needs his head and Jashin. The only thing left is a hole filled with smoking rocks.

In the meantimes, Naruto, Chouji, Ino, Kakashi and Yamato are standing in front of Kakuzu. Naruto created two bunshins and is in between Kakuzu and his teammates. Kakuzu looks at Naruto: "Mass Kage Bunshin... so you're the Kyuubi Jinchuuriki."

Captain Yamato asks Kakashi for a status report on the situation and Kakuzu's abilities. Kakashi explains that they engaged two Akatsuki members. One of them is being taken care of by Shikamaru and the people who left as his backup. The other one is Kakuzu, who's able to split parts of his body. The masks can split of when needed.
To Kakuzu this sounds silly and he decides to wait while they're talking.
When Kakashi tells Yamato about the five hearts and having killed him twice already. Kakazu is also able to use high level jutsu and manipulates all elements.

Just when Kakashi is done explaining, Naruto's 2 bunshins rush towards Kakuzu. Ino and Chouji call after him that it's no use attacking him up front. Yamato also called him, but Naruto says he heard what they said.

Naruto's bunshins try to get to Kakuzu's sides, but one of them gets caught in his strings. The second bunshin looks attentively to what's going to happen. To Kakuzu's surprise, the bunshin that got caught is disposed while the other turns around to leave. Kakuzu manages to catch him as well.

Kakuzu tries to taunt Naruto by asking him if kage bunshin is all he can do. Naruto is analyzing what he just saw and learned and comes to the conclusion he'll need at least 3 Kage Bunshins depending on Kakuzu's fighting style and speed. Kakashi understands what Naruto did. He used the first encounter as a simulation to gain fighting experience against Kakuzu. This means Naruto finally uses Kage Bunshin to its full potential. Onces Naruto has seen throught Kakuzu's attack pattern, he creates three new bunshins.

Kakuzu gets a little nervous when he sees the three bunshins creating a ransengan sphere on their own. Kakashi is speechless while Yamato seems confident about Naruto's jutsu.
Ino is wondering what Naruto's holding while Chouji noticed its huge chakra.

While they're creating an elementental rasengan, Kakashi remembers the training, where Naruto told him this was the best he could do at that moment and how he asked Naruto to hit his wind rasengan as hard as he can into Kakashi's regular rasengan. Naruto couldn't believe how stupid that sound sounded, but he did as Kakashi said.

Naruto reminds Kakashi of the fourth, the way he was standing there.
Back at the battle, Ino and Chouji are astounished by the jutsu Naruto is preparing. It's hard to believe!
Kakuzu feels uncertain about it, not knowing what it is and he only thinks about dodging it.

Naruto's jutsu is taking the shape of a huge shuriken. Fuuton - Razenshuriken! The 3 bunshins disengage, leaving the dangerously looking jutsu resting on Naruto's hand...

I hope you like my summary :)
Gonna work on an illustration now. It will probably be added within a few hours. I've gotta pack my stuff and return home.

Mr. Johnny 5 2007-01-26 09:11

So it IS true....Naruto has Kyuubi eyes on....since the previous chapter. This one has close ups where you can obviously see his Kyuubi eyes....without any other symptomes that shows that he is in Kyuubi stage. (No extended wiskers etc...only his eyes)

To me it seems that he has this power under his control...without going beyond his own self.

Shikamaru seems really finished with Hidan....so i wonder what Sakura, Sai & Pakkun will do....And it seems that Ino & Chouji realize the power of this new Rasengan...

That is rather impressive..because of the Kyuubi eyes i think he can have access on his own will to an endless supply of chakra...without consuming his own chakra.

Rachy 2007-01-26 09:17

Ugh Shika didn't get the ring, Hidan's left alive .. All points to Hidan showing up again =).

I had a wierd image in my head of Zetsu digging up Hidan and Hidan being like

" It's about time, it's bloody crampt down there and it smelt like crap! blahblah.."

Then Zetsu giving a really wierd/evil look and eating Hidan's head :(.

Hopefully he gets out by himself or if Zetsu helps him he doesn't eat him.

shaselai 2007-01-26 09:17

it wouldve been badass if Naruto could make a wind element and rasengan on each hand.... he is still using the old and obvious way of doing things

Luminion Lancer 2007-01-26 09:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by shaselai (Post 812394)
it wouldve been badass if Naruto could make a wind element and rasengan on each hand.... he is still using the old and obvious way of doing things

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Rurik 2007-01-26 09:34

So, indeed Hidan is Unkillable? He just can be stopped? It seems Kakuuzu was reffering to immortality as just Longevity, or Hidan it still not done for, and His God Jahsin is more than just a Religius figure…

Spoiler:

And Naruto is doing his best as to impersonate Krillin from Dragon ball as he can, last page should tell you a lot about it.

As I said when the whole Manipulation thing came to surface, Naruto would probably end up creating a Long range attack Jutsu which he lacked, one that would had consisted in Naruto literally throwing his rasengan.

Spoiler:

Sabaku Kyu 2007-01-26 10:01

Man, it sucks to be Hidan. Zetsu will probably dig him up to recover his ring, but he'll spend eternity as a talking head if Kakuzu is dies. I like the way they made Hidan look so freaked out and Shikamaru look like he could care less.

Naruto's fight is not very impressive so far. He may be using the clones more efficiently according to Yamato, but it looked like Naruto using the same strategy as always, hopefully the next chapter will be entirely devoted to Naruto's fight so we get to see more of him in action.

And I'm nitpicking with this, but that training scene with Kakashi and Naruto annoyed me for two reasons. First, they resorted to one of the most overused clichés in anime/manga (two characters charge towards with each other with an attack, pass each other, pause for a moment, one character falls). Second, you would think that two Rasengan colliding with each other would result in a explosion, not a brief flash. Anyway, done with the ranting. Looking forward to the next chapter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rurik
Also, By Kakashi Observation, Naruto has used his first attack of clones to gain experience fighting Kakuuzu.

What is not sure to me if Naruto has been releasing the Jutsu, or the were getting destroyed by Kakuuzu, if its like the second then I was wrong in the last thread, and Naruto will gain experience regardless.

I think he gets the information regardless, but that solution does make you wonder why he has never noticed this effect in battle before Kakashi told him about it. Of course, Naruto is usually in a frenzy when he fights so he could've been getting the information and not even realizing it.

Rurik 2007-01-26 10:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu (Post 812417)
I think he gets the information regardless, but that solution does make you wonder why he has never noticed this effect in battle before Kakashi told him about it. Of course, Naruto is usually in a frenzy when he fights so he could've been getting the information and not even realizing it.

Well, I think we need to wait and see, it would be still a little bit contradictory if Naruto can learn regardless, because even if in some moments Naruto has been in a frenzy, in one point he should had noticed something different when his clone disappeared. Its already 3 years since Using that justu, he cant be that lost :rolleyes:

And we Need to take in account what Kakashi meant about when he said when the Jutsu is released the Experience goes back to the original.

Souten no Seigyoku 2007-01-26 10:48

Quote:

Sabaku Kyu wrote:
I think he gets the information regardless, but that solution does make you wonder why he has never noticed this effect in battle before Kakashi told him about it.
Because that "feature" didnt exsist until after the time-skip. Kish added that as a plot device to explain his DBZish "advanced training" method. Just like he added the Danzou character (leader of Roots) after the time-skip."

Danzou was considered for hokage. Wimps arent considered for hokage. Why wasnt he in the Sarutobi v Oro fight or defending the village? Cus he didnt exsist! Yea he's old, but so was Chiyo-baa and she kicked butt. Old dont mean weak.

Danzou- plot device added post time skip
Kage Bunshin able to retain memories & help learn faster- plot device added post time skip.

Sabaku Kyu 2007-01-26 11:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku (Post 812453)
Because that "feature" didnt exsist until after the time-skip. Kish added that as a plot device to explain his DBZish "advanced training" method. Just like he added the Danzou character (leader of Roots) after the time-skip."

Danzou was considered for hokage. Wimps arent considered for hokage. Why wasnt he in the Sarutobi v Oro fight or defending the village? Cus he didnt exsist! Yea he's old, but so was Chiyo-baa and she kicked butt. Old dont mean weak.

Danzou- plot device added post time skip
Kage Bunshin able to retain memories & help learn faster- plot device added post time skip.

Obviously. It's just that even when creating plot devices, authors will want to make explanations that avoid contradictions with the backstory otherwise you end up with gaping plot holes. The contradiction of Naruto's clones giving him experience everytime they disappear but Naruto not realizing it, is not a blatant so we as readers could accept it easily. But it could also be that Kishi was trying to avoid this contradiction and made it so Naruto has to release the jutsu in order to gain the experience. That's what we were discussing

As for Danzou, he's crippled and may have lost his ability to fight a long time ago. We don't know how strong he was when he was competing with Sarutobi, but he was likely very strong. Also, as leader of an underground covert unit he's not often seen or mentioned by the public and he disliked Sarutobi, so that's why he wasn't seen in the attack against Konoha. Of course, the official reason he wasn't seen is because he didn't exist like you said. But Kishi created a backstory for him that avoids the contradiction.

Rurik 2007-01-26 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Souten no Seigyoku (Post 812453)
Because that "feature" didnt exsist until after the time-skip. Kish added that as a plot device to explain his DBZish "advanced training" method. Just like he added the Danzou character (leader of Roots) after the time-skip." .

However, the fact still remains that Kakashi said release the Jutsu, so it could be possible that Naruto did exactly that in this chapter.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sabaku Kyu (Post 812475)
Obviously. It's just that even when creating plot devices, authors will want to make explanations that avoid contradictions with the backstory otherwise you end up with gaping plot holes. The contradiction of Naruto's clones giving him experience everytime they disappear but Naruto not realizing it, is not a blatant so we as readers could accept it easily. But it could also be that Kishi was trying to avoid this contradiction and made it so Naruto has to release the jutsu in order to gain the experience. That's what we were discussing.

Exactly what I was thinking.

Zu Ra 2007-01-26 11:29

Aha Kishi yet again he has left us wanting for more and this is first time Naruto is using Kage Bunshin for anaylizing/experience . But this time the info from Kage Busnhin Experince is being processed
. The training had more than one advantage .

@Sayaoran

Great Summary ^o^

Mists 2007-01-26 11:39

Finally, I knew this was coming...some sort of counter for Sharingan so he can keep up with Sasuke.

Though I still wonder about what Naruto learned with Jiraya and 'that jutsu' we finally get some kickass moments, probably the best chapter of Pt2 (while all the other ones were easily dwarfed by a chapt in pt 1, regardless how much action there was).

Though I have a feeling it's the end of HIdan and Kazu.

It was a nice touch for Kakashi to see the 4th.

I can foresee Naruto doing fake ninjutsu with his clones to confuse Sasuke.

I still believe that the time for Oro to take Sasuke's body is up! it's been time over!

I still believe Kazu and Hidan were looking for some other beast since you can tell Kazuzu recognizes Naruto as the Kyubi. I wonder if the beast is the painter...

I wonder if the painter has better abilities/jutsus?

Big_Papi 2007-01-26 11:39

Looks like naruto has been doing some exclusive training of his own will... and also notice narutos stance ......

http://idata.over-blog.com/0/02/02/6...en_kienzan.jpg

chuckcsf 2007-01-26 11:42

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mists (Post 812491)
Finally, I knew this was coming...some sort of counter for Sharingan so he can keep up with Sasuke.

How is that a counter to the Sharingan?

Zu Ra 2007-01-26 11:47

Sai maybe inferior in jutsus in comparision with Chidori and Rasengam . But what he lacks in Justsus he makes up with brains . It will be intresting to see if this arc ends Naruto Centric or the back-up leaving Naruto provides assistance .

IMO Hidan isnt useless yet I really dont think kishi will kill-off such a good chara just like that . Hidan is bound to make a last ditched effort somehow to take Shika down with him . And why Choji and Ino even in the team most importantly what are they doing standing around not helping Shika once the back-up has arrived wasnt Asuma their sensei too . Idle Spectators

Souten no Seigyoku 2007-01-26 11:53

Well if that's the case, then I think Naruto gets the info when the bunshin is either released or defeated. He was dense enough pre-time skip for me to believe he didnt realize it.

Going by the summary, its a great chapter. Pity some of the advanced spoilers were wrong like him using his bunshins to see 360 degrees. He seems to have grown a brain all of a sudden. Its silly that they didnt do this emmediately after the time skip. the 2.5yr skip wouldve explained it better than "oh he got smart in 2-3 days."

chuckcsf 2007-01-26 11:54

This Chapter was really short.... one thing I am still eager to know is, is Naruto a lot faster now or will Kakuzu all of a sudden a lot slower that Naruto will hit him with that new jutsu?

Also with his Kyuubi eyes, is his will now able to overpower kyuubi's will? Or is Naruto actually kyuubi that's why Yamato said he is a different person?

chuckcsf 2007-01-26 11:58

Quote:

Originally Posted by Syaoran (Post 812370)
To Kakuzu's surprise, the bunshin that got caught is disposed while the other turns around to leave.

So Naruto released the clone....maybe???

DeDe 2007-01-26 11:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Geta Boshi (Post 812498)
IMO Hidan isnt useless yet Hidan is bound to make a last ditched effort somehow to take Shika down with him.

How is he going to make a last ditched effort buried in a huge hole? When he is in pieces? A little too late for that.

Quote:

really dont think kishi will kill-off such a good chara just like that
Didn't Kishi kill off Sasori and the Sound 5? Whoops.

Quote:

Originally Posted by miss rave (Post 812393)
Ugh Shika didn't get the ring, Hidan's left alive .. All points to Hidan showing up again =).

Not really. Now that Shika has his revenge, Hidan doesn't have any purpose in the story. And Naruto is about to kill his partner. Maybe Zetsu comes and eats him.

I think Kishi would have had to blow Hidan into a million bits in order to convince some that he's finished. Folks, he is not coming back. Shika won. Kishimoto said the fight is over.