AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Monster (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=38)
-   -   Episode 28 - Just One Case (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=23244)

Crowley 2004-11-03 11:27

Episode 28 - Just One Case

The Munich storyline continues with Richard's investigation into his past and present, with annoying dead serial killers to boot. Thoughts?
Spoiler:

Spastic_Hobo 2004-11-03 18:31

all i can say is wow. This episode was frekin awesome.

Spoiler:

hooliganj 2004-11-03 21:18

Spoiler:

FireBorn 2004-11-03 22:28

Wow. Very good episode. Everything connects in the end and we're left in suspense.. very nice..

Yamano667 2004-11-03 22:48

wow..I enjoyed this episode .. :D this is the best series ever :D

audiophile 2004-11-04 01:52

i absolutely love this series.
such a good epi.

Melty Snow 2004-11-04 06:07

That was one powerful episode. Surprised me even more than many thriller movies. Can't wait for the next episode, which doesn't seem like good things will happen, especially with the title "Execution"

The kid's face was pretty scary.

ChainLegacy 2004-11-04 20:20

Yeah, as others have said, kickass ep. Probably my favorite so far. I really like how everything is coming together; at first I was confused as to why we were seeing all of this Schuwald stuff, but now the importance is evident.

Ed Elric 2004-11-05 00:47

Awesome ep! More is revelaed about Johan and what he is doing ^^

I like Johan he's so cool @@

avmoghe 2004-11-05 01:42

Before I comment on this episode.... there's something strange that stuck out to me about this episode.

Anime Kraze ep 28 (14:40) - Schuwald experienced bankruptcy twice in the past.

Soldats ep 26 (15:46) - The three times that Schuwald filed for bankruptcy.....
(In the next sentence, Johan again states that Schuwald filed for bankruptcy 3 times)

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember the Anime-Kraze ep 26 using the number 3 as well.

Is this a subbing mistake? Or a mistake in the show? If so, can someone explain why this discrepancy is present. I considered the possibility that Johan was lying karl and Lotte, but that just seems inane. Why change the number of bankruptcies from 2 to 3.. that just seems too wierd.

How many times has Schwald gone bankrupt? And why are the two numbers different?

Needless to say, if its going to spoil anything, do NOT reply, or use spoiler tags specifying that its a spoiler for a future episode.

hooliganj 2004-11-05 01:53

I'd have to go to the manga to double-check, something I've specifically been avoiding so that I don't accidently drop any more spoilers around here. If I remember correctly, Schuwald is currently recovering from one of his bankrupcies, so that his total number is 3, but during the interview in this episode, the secretary refers to the two previous times, and does not include the most recent, since it isn't completely "in the past." So Johan didn't lie, there is no discrepency, and no error in the translation, you just have to consider the secretary's statement from a slightly different point of view.

Before anybody argues that this guy seems pretty rich for a man who can't pay his debts, it's his businesses that go bankrupt, not him.

avmoghe 2004-11-05 02:04

Actually episode 26 specifically said that Schuwald came back from his bankruptcy rejuvenated. Schuwald has already rejuvenated from each of his three bankruptcies.

I dont recall where it was stated that Schuwald was currently in a bankruptcy. Can you give me the episode number?

Edit - If you watch the scene where they take him to the sign where he's supposed to disappear to, he still remembers the old site with the lake. That must have been years ago that he came to the place. Now the lake is completely gone and ther is a huge building structure there.

runpsicat 2004-11-05 04:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by avmoghe
Before I comment on this episode.... there's something strange that stuck out to me about this episode.

Anime Kraze ep 28 (14:40) - Schuwald experienced bankruptcy twice in the past.

Soldats ep 26 (15:46) - The three times that Schuwald filed for bankruptcy.....
(In the next sentence, Johan again states that Schuwald filed for bankruptcy 3 times)

Anyone can correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I remember the Anime-Kraze ep 26 using the number 3 as well.

Is this a subbing mistake? Or a mistake in the show? If so, can someone explain why this discrepancy is present. I considered the possibility that Johan was lying karl and Lotte, but that just seems inane. Why change the number of bankruptcies from 2 to 3.. that just seems too wierd.

How many times has Schwald gone bankrupt? And why are the two numbers different?

Needless to say, if its going to spoil anything, do NOT reply, or use spoiler tags specifying that its a spoiler for a future episode.

Apologies for my delayed response, but that's the GMT+9 timezone for you :).

Dictionary reference

I hope this answers any concerns people may have. :)

avmoghe 2004-11-05 16:46

Hm. Thank you. That eliminates the possibility of a subbing mistake.

So, it has to be a mistake in the show/manga itself.

Emil Scherbe 2004-11-05 20:16

It's nither translation nor adaptation mistake.
In original manga, Johan and Lotte talked
that Schuwald's bankruptcy is three times, Gauk's secretary said twice.

I think it's not so strange.

Johan might knows about it more than Gauk's secretary.
Johan might research about Schuwald very well and heard directly from him.
Gauk's secretary's knowledge about Schuwald might be limited concering to Gauk's relationships.

avmoghe 2004-11-06 12:58

I think its very strange.

Usually when two different characters state contradictory facts, its usually explained why they did so (in a mystery show such as this, it is of even more importance). Usually such statements function as clues to the investigator that someone is lying. In short, the contradictory statements serve some purpose.

If your theory about Johan knowing more than the secretary is explained in the show/manga, all is well. I'll just wait for that explanation.

Either way, going to watch the episode again. Last time, I was just too caught up on that statement and didn't pay careful attention to the rest of the show.

Emil Scherbe 2004-11-06 19:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by avmoghe
If your theory about Johan knowing more than the secretary is explained in the show/manga, all is well. I'll just wait for that explanation.

Johan is knowing Schuwald enough to make Schuwald to believe that Farren is his son.

Anime-Kraze ep26
2:19-2:25
Richard "How did he know about Schuwald's son and that son's background.
so well that Schuwald completely believed in him"

21:51-22:00
false Margot Langer "That guy you call Farren could barely speak.
The one who said he was Farren's friend begin mentioning things
greater detail."

stpehen 2004-11-06 19:49

The number of times Schuwald went bankrupt is of absolutely no significance to the story.

hooliganj 2004-11-07 02:19

Quote:

Originally Posted by stpehen
The number of times Schuwald went bankrupt is of absolutely no significance to the story.

Most of the things that avmoghe picks out to debate are largely irrelevant, but it's not like there's a whole lot else going on in this forum, and Monster is the kind of story that's fun to pick apart, especially since it holds up so well.

avmoghe 2004-11-07 03:38

You realize its IMPOSSIBLE for someone who doesn't read to manga to decipher what is and what isn't significant to the story, right?

Generally speaking in mystery novels, or mystery shows, there is a reason for every contradictory statement that is made. There is usually an explanation of why the statement was made, along with how it serves as a clue to someone investigating the case.

I certainly expected there to be a very good reason for the statement here. Its not like I'm TRYING to find irrelevant things to argue about.

Trax 2004-11-09 14:34

Hmmm... 2 attempts at Richard's life, being stalked. And all the pieces falling into place. Will they live to tell about it though. Looks like Johan is keeping a close eye on things, and could trace Richard to 2 more people that he probably wants to get rid of. It looks like the next episode may have something like this happening. Very suspensefull episode.

avmoghe 2004-11-16 19:49

Ok.. just finished watching the rest of the episode again. Finally we get back on track with the story.

Aside from the whole issue of the number of times Schuwald has faced bankruptcy, much better episode than the previous slow, plodding ones.

Best episode since episode 22 (Lunge's trap). Hoping it sticks with the current pace and concision for the rest of the series.

Crowley 2004-11-23 05:12

You do realize what website you're at, right? AnimeSuki is, oddly enough, not just a forum, it's mainly a bit torrent index. Go to the main animesuki site, it has recent torrent links. If you go to the "Series" page you can scroll down to Monster, click it and you'll see all the torrents by all the groups that have done it.
You can read the "Best sub groups" thread in this section for help deciding which group to get the series from.

If you don't know about bit torrent, here's an excerpt from a certain group's FAQ, keep in mind that it wasn't written for animesuki, so some references are off:
Quote:

BitTorrent is a method of distributing our fansubs, and is quite efficient. What it does is it makes the user upload different parts of the file to each other, while downloading other parts from other users. Therefore, one may download very fast, without the need of a high-speed source. To use BitTorrent, download the client at http://download.bittornado.com/downl...w32install.exe and install. Then, go to our BitTorrent Archive and click on a link to download a .torrent file. The Torrent file is actually a small file, and you open it after you have downloaded it, to open the Save As screen. Select the directory to save the file, and click Save. Now, leave that window on for as long as possible, (3-5 days) even after it is done downloading so other users may download from you. But if you are a horrible horrible person, click Finish when it is done downloading.

jalana 2004-11-23 14:28

Er... who are you responding to, Crowley? O.o

LazyWulfran0 2004-11-23 18:43

Dammit, Crow's losing it. He must be driven mad by grief since I left.

Crowley 2004-11-24 05:18

Nooo ;.;
Some newbie asked where to get Monster, and I pointed out the insanely obvious, considering the site we're on. Must have been deleted... or something. :help: