AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   Kami nomi/TWGOK (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=104)
-   -   Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=105013)

Pellissier 2011-06-20 05:06

Kami nomi/TWGOK II - Episode 11 Discussion / Poll

Welcome to the discussion thread for Kami nomi/TWGOK II, Episode 11.

Thread Guidelines
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Spoilers or hints about future events must not be posted in this thread.
    If you need to reference something that would spoil a future event, reply directly with a private message, or seek out a more appropriate thread.
  • Discuss your expectations of the episode if it has not aired yet.
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on-topic.
  • Do not post multiple times in a row. Please edit your existing post if you wish to add additional thoughts.
Episode Thread Spoiler Policy
  • Any comment that discloses events, characters, plot or other information before it is revealed in the anime is expressly forbidden whether or not it is behind spoiler tags.
    Spoiler tags should still be used where appropriate.
    Please consult the AnimeSuki Spoiler Policy for more information.
  • Adding a Spoiler tag:
    Just highlight your spoiler and click the button found
    on the "Quick Reply" and "Reply to Thread" forms.
    Make sure that you include a useful title!
  • Please use the Report button if you see any inappropriate spoilers:
    Click the button found to the left of the post, just under the poster's avatar.
    Using the Report button is anonymous and helps the Moderators
    locate and deal with problems quickly.
  • Posting inappropriate spoilers may result in a ban.
    Note: Reporting a post does not mean the poster will be banned instantly.
    The Moderators will use bans if warnings are repeatedly ignored.

Midonin 2011-06-20 13:29

Kaminomi II-XI - Bonesaw is Ready!

One of my favorite words in the English language is "inspiration". That was the key to this ending. As Keima said, we need ideal endings. Again, I can sympathize with Jun here. Pushing ideals onto people often results in rejection, but if they can be inspired to take action on their own through a little impassioned speeching (which she is apparently fond of - I approve!), then the world can become a little brighter. The entire sequence when the ED kicked in was great.

Seeing Jun being excited for a marathon is amusing considering her voice actress, who, in another reality, had the exact opposite reaction to such a thing. Chihiro consulting Ayumi about guitars also rings a bell - perhaps Ayumi would recommend a red Mustang? I also liked the return of Keima's...er...body double.

For the final capture of the series, it was great. That's my emotions talking, but emotions are one of the most vital elements in storytelling, in addition to storytelling. Looks like, just as it was last season, things will wrap up with another adventure of Keima in Game Land. Should be a blast.

Flower 2011-06-20 13:56

D'awwwwww. What an excellent episode and arc conclusion.

Ya know ... the really, REALLY did a good job with Jun in this arc. She really comes across much better than in the manga as an endearing character.

Another example of the animators doing a very good job with this series. Kudos to them once again.

8/10 vote from me for this episode.

Edit: Although, now that I think about it, I was kinda disappointed that they did not mention in Keima's plan for Elsie to deliberately ask Ayumi and Chihiro for help....

ReddyRedWolf 2011-06-20 13:57

Dammit Keima is one smooth operator.

EroKing 2011-06-20 14:07

Quote:

Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf (Post 3660012)

Man, I thought of the exact same thing, he is just too good.

Spoiler for Best End:

Kinda surprised to see Jun going for the kiss, that was so hawt :love:

ars89 2011-06-20 14:46

nice ending to Jun's arc. Like how hey showed them at a wrestling match, brought back some memories when i was so into pro-wrestling as a kid. Didn't expect her to go for the kiss, but feels like that was the better option in the end. Lol Elsie totally forgot about the loose soul.

kache 2011-06-20 14:50

Wow, Keima is really a genius. Preparing everything to that extend was awesome. :heh:

Riga92 2011-06-20 14:52

This episode made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Jun's arc was one of my favorites and Manglobe did a great job adapting it. In fact, I think their adaptation is better than the manga's version.

Flower 2011-06-20 14:57

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riga92 (Post 3660058)
This episode made me feel all warm and fuzzy inside. Jun's arc was one of my favorites and Manglobe did a great job adapting it. In fact, I think their adaptation is better than the manga's version.

Agreed ... they have done an excellent job in making the capture targets really "come to life" without diverging from the original story, and have done this in a tasteful and believable way that imo only makes the story better! It is not easy to do that!

Kudos to them!

If there are other seasons I hope they keep up the level of quality they have thus far....

SilverSyko 2011-06-20 15:46

It's rare that an adaptation is even better than the source material, and when the source material for that adaptation is already excellent, then that's just outstandingly impressive. Good on ya Manglobe.

I really hope to see a continuation. This is just too good an adaptation to stop here, and the series gets even better farther down the road.

I was also shocked they actually made Jun kiss Keima on the lips this time, when it was just a simple on-the-cheek kiss in the manga. Way to up the ante there.

Elestia 2011-06-20 15:51

Manglobe is just teasing us with a possible third season with that scene with Chihiro and Ayumi.

In the words of Kurogane:

Quote:

MANGLOBE Y U DO DIS?

jho 2011-06-20 16:02

i know some people i really respect who don't appreciate this series, but personally i like it a lot and it feels good just watching it. looking forward to the future arcs.

AzureWrath 2011-06-20 16:55

Really like the anime so far. I find it much easier to understand the anime too than the manga as the translations + the animation in the anime make them much easier to grasp. Sometimes I can't even figure out what the manga was trying to say, but watching the anime makes it much clearer.

Now Jun was one of my favorite arcs too. I would have never figured that Keima would use encouragement and reinforcement to help her through her troubles. I would have defaulted to loosening up. I guess that is why Keima is the God and I'm a mere human~~~

ID555 2011-06-20 17:42

Quote:

Me likes that pic very much too.

They played this a little more seriously than in the manga. When they were holding hands in the basketball court, Keima actually tried to kiss Jun :heh:

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 3660115)

I was also shocked they actually made Jun kiss Keima on the lips this time, when it was just a simple on-the-cheek kiss in the manga. Way to up the ante there.

Nope, I think she kissed him for real there (unless she kissed him on the side of his mouth)

SilverSyko 2011-06-20 17:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by ID555 (Post 3660200)
Nope, I think she kissed him for real there (unless she kissed him on the side of his mouth)

I double checked and it turns out you're right. :heh:

That's odd though, I could've sworn remembering it was on the cheek. I must be confusing with another manga I guess. :eyespin:

viperdk1 2011-06-20 18:15

Quote:

Hngh. That is all.

Anyway, for the episode itself...wow. What an incredible rollercoaster of emotions (I sorta predicted in my head that Jun and Keima would share that seat - those must've been wide seats :D).

One thing struck me during this episode that I don't think I thought earlier in the series (or in the first series for that matter) - Keima seems to be more than just a god of conquest.

Quite frankly, if it wasn't for the fact that he is a otamegane and was lost in the world of games (thus being so far detached from reality that he'd be in outer space :p), he'd be a very good psychologist (seriously, he probably has a better understanding of the human psyche than many people would credit him with - the "people don't like ideal" speech on the basketball courts made me realise this).

Smooth operator doesn't quite cut it. That was genius. He got Jun away from the negative influences that made her doubt her role in life as a teacher and reinforced the notion to her that people should strive for their ideals (which I personally feel is a sound logic). He also managed to (through the instructions he gave to Elsie/Ayumi?/Chihiro?) convince the other people in his class to get behind Jun as a teacher. Perfect score for Keima there.

I fully understand the flaws in Jun's character too (I'm sure if I rewatched the two series' again, I'd be able to pick out the problems in all the other girls - but this one was most evident to me).

Sure, support and help people strive to achieve their ideals by all means (good teachers are capable of this - my maths teacher in high school was brilliant at this and I aced my GCSE...I'm getting off-topic, lol) - but you can't push people too hard towards those ideals.

She pushed the basketball team too hard towards becoming better players, and they quit as a result. She was pushing too hard on the students under her wing too (the marathon thing was possibly a backlash towards what Keima said, but the fact is that it was over the top by a merry distance) - hence those students showed disdain towards her.

Another 'flaw' is that she appears to be too easily knocked back. One word can be said to her to lead her into doubting what she's doing, I feel. I know people like that (I used to be one myself) - and it makes a lot of sense for her character in general. Ideals are intangible - so having those ideals doubted by other people can make you think whether your ideals are worth following.

I was lukewarm about Jun as a character at the start of this arc - but she's probably my favourite female character at the end. Her kissing Keima at the end - perfect end to the arc (the teacher-student relationship here wouldn't be impossible - she's what, 21? He's 17/18? I've seen larger age gaps than that :)). Just a shame she won't remember a thing of it :T_T:

Perfect 10 from me. Excellent episode by all means. :)

Master Chibi 2011-06-20 18:32

I'm glad everyone else thinks that this adaptation is amazing.

I only had one gripe with this arc:

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9592/imposs.png

You can NOT ride a bike with that type of skirt, unless you want it riding up way past your ass. JUST CAN NOT BE DONE.

ISWEAR

Shiroth 2011-06-20 18:35

Quote:

Originally Posted by SilverSyko (Post 3660115)

Personally i found the kiss on the cheek better, because it shown that Jun still keeps in mind the student and teacher relationship that the two share.

It guess it was changed to a kiss on the lips to keep it the same as the past kiss scenes. Ah well.

Flower 2011-06-20 18:48

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shiroth (Post 3660235)
Personally i found the kiss on the cheek better, because it shown that Jun still keeps in mind the student and teacher relationship that the two share.

It guess it was changed to a kiss on the lips to keep it the same as the past kiss scenes. Ah well.

For the record, the scene is on the last page of ch 46 ... and it sure looks to me like it was on the lips and not on the cheek. Besides, it was on the lips that was the established pattern for every single capture.

Master Chibi 2011-06-20 19:24

That's the last page of chapter 41 actually.

And it was very much on the lips~

Clarste 2011-06-20 19:51

Not sure how this was better than the manga, but it certainly wasn't worse. Although I kind of missed the line that Keima had also planned for Ayumi and Chihiro to support Elsie.

As for the resolution, I think it's always important to remember that Keima has feelings too. While he is basically lying to all these girls to get their attention, in the end he goes after the ending he thinks is best. And when it comes to ideals it's pretty obvious that he would have strong feelings on the matter. He could've told Jun to hold back for the sake of others, but do you seriously think Keima of all people would ever recommend that to anyone? Of course he'd tell her to go all out for her ideals and ignore what other people say. That's how he became a god, after all.

If you go back to the other arcs you can see that this is a pretty common theme. He says basically the same thing to Chihiro, and has a similar idea behind his speeches to Kanon, Shiori and martial arts girl who I forget the name of. The moral of the series in general is to stop paying attention to what other people think and to be yourself as best you can. Self-confidence comes from the self, and all that. And that's certainly the one thing that Keima strives for.

Flower 2011-06-20 20:00

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Chibi (Post 3660260)
That's the last page of chapter 41 actually.

And it was very much on the lips~

Oops! My bad! Thanks!

Two points for you! :D

judasmartel 2011-06-20 21:03

Hey, is it me or is it the couple at 7:35 the ones we saw in Episode 8 with the ToAru reference? Only that the male isn't wearing the ToAru High's uniform.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clarste (Post 3660278)
Not sure how this was better than the manga, but it certainly wasn't worse. Although I kind of missed the line that Keima had also planned for Ayumi and Chihiro to support Elsie.

As for the resolution, I think it's always important to remember that Keima has feelings too. While he is basically lying to all these girls to get their attention, in the end he goes after the ending he thinks is best. And when it comes to ideals it's pretty obvious that he would have strong feelings on the matter. He could've told Jun to hold back for the sake of others, but do you seriously think Keima of all people would ever recommend that to anyone? Of course he'd tell her to go all out for her ideals and ignore what other people say. That's how he became a god, after all.

If you go back to the other arcs you can see that this is a pretty common theme. He says basically the same thing to Chihiro, and has a similar idea behind his speeches to Kanon, Shiori and martial arts girl who I forget the name of. The moral of the series in general is to stop paying attention to what other people think and to be yourself as best you can. Self-confidence comes from the self, and all that. And that's certainly the one thing that Keima strives for.

Kusunoki Kasuga.

Now the first part of the episode is the stuff we wanna see in this arc! Keima scored an instant date with that one! With LC's help, of course.
I actually thought LC failed in that fake ticket, but it turned out to be a nice "event trigger" score for Keima.

No wonder he's called the "Capturing God" for a reason. Now, he can see the ending! First time I heard that from him for a long time!

EDIT: That was the best capturing strategy I have ever seen from Keima.
I have said in the earlier topics that teacher types are one of the easiest women to capture, at least in VNs.
It's just that most people shy away from teacher types because:

1. They think that a student-teacher relationship is impossible, and
2. Teacher types are often the most time-consuming to capture, as the student needs to establish himself as her equal. In extreme cases, that could take forever.

More often than not, teachers have a huge gap from their students, and that increases with the age gap involved.
For example, a middle school teacher has a larger age gap from her students than say, college teachers.

Actually, establishing oneself as an equal to another is pretty much as simple as normal socialization by humans.
You may simply want to know a person's interests, dislikes, and overall personality. And then get around them.
Just don't let the huge student-teacher gap get you down.
After all, she's no longer your teacher outside the school grounds.

We have to admit that Keima was at first willing to try the usual teacher path, which would take a lot of time.
Now, the loose soul has entered Jun and she was going aggressive on Keima, and that screwed him up.
So he tried to settle with quick fixes (drive her nuts to the max, getting Nikaido to help), which frankly, are just wrong routes to go.
When these quick fixes failed, he decided to use the right route, but not before getting a clue from the faculty room:
Jun was once the captain of Maijima's basketball team which led the school to a national championship.
But a lot of players quit from the team because she forced her ideals on them.

Now the problem lies with the time constraint, as they have the loose soul to deal with.
Keima comes up with a fast way to establish himself as Jun's equal:the wrestling match event.
And instantly,Keima scored 10,000 attraction points from Jun! But not after Jun ran away in disappointment once again.

Then at school, Keima came up with an amazing event trigger which involved LC and the entire class!
And how I love Keima's speech about ideals! The real world lacks ideals, after all.
And it's a teacher's job to instill her students the ideals that the world lacks, making it a better place to live in.
And then, of course, the usual kiss to the lips to kick the loose soul off Jun! Only that LC completely forgot about it until the last minute!

If I am to rate his capture strategies from the first season up to this point, I would give his strategy for Jun a perfect 10!
A perfect strategy flawlessly executed! That's the Capturing God for you! He makes capturing women a lot easier than we think.

Essa Maneira 2011-06-20 22:11

Now i realize how Keima is manage to finish the conquest to Jun, as his line says: "i can see the ending", he make and execute his plans, and how to make this characters joined in his cast. now i can see clearly that Keima is a "God of Conquest" not on VN but also in reality.

yajra03 2011-06-20 23:52

a really great adaptation, can match its manga counterpart.

paladinenvec 2011-06-21 00:35

Outstanding chapter!!!!!
Spoiler for Chapter 11:

~Yami~ 2011-06-21 06:15

ugh.... Katsuragi.... I'm burned with jealousy.... how can you get every girls that easily.... (this is a looott better than the manga... I admit it)

overall, I always think that the conquering in second season aren't my favourite arc at all but this second season is obviously a lot better than my prediction
This season successfully made me love all of the conquering arc

10/10 from me for this episode
I don't like Chihiro and Nagase arc in the manga but the anime successfully made me become a fan of them.....
more clear and of course more lovely and emotional

ID555 2011-06-21 07:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Chibi (Post 3660232)

http://img199.imageshack.us/img199/9592/imposs.png

You can NOT ride a bike with that type of skirt, unless you want it riding up way past your ass. JUST CAN NOT BE DONE.

ISWEAR

Have you considered that they might stretch? Like stretchy jeans? Aha! Haha!

Master Chibi 2011-06-21 08:18

Quote:

Originally Posted by ID555 (Post 3660714)
Have you considered that they might stretch? Like stretchy jeans? Aha! Haha!

No way, she's definitely wearing the business woman get up, there's no stretchy anything involved~

ID555 2011-06-21 08:35

^Yeah.......

Actually I imagine that Jun hikes that tight skirt almost all the way up when she's riding the bike; they just can't show that in TWGOK :love:

Crontica 2011-06-21 11:53

Excuse me 20/20 FUCKING MAGNIFICENT!

Anyone that rates this badly will be shot, shot again, then shot again to be shown how they got shot. :cool:

katsudon 2011-06-21 12:00

i'm sad we won't see her again until season 3, maybe.... her (Aki Toyosaki) voice is amazing and really fits Jun

Clarste 2011-06-21 21:24

Why would we see her in season 3? Her student teacher stint ended in this episode, and she even promised Keima that the next time they met it would be as a full teacher. At best she would return after she graduates college. We hardly ever even see the former captures that attend his school, so what kind of contrived reason could there be for him to meet a college student who doesn't even remember the capture?

We'll probably never see her again in the anime. Ever.

RDF2050 2011-06-21 21:29

Just....DAM........wow the plan he use to capture her is so brilliant. Only him can do that.

10/10 for me. I really want to know what would happen if the class somehow knows what Keima really is besides is a "gamer freak".

Kotohono 2011-06-22 02:37

Keima's "keikaku doori" moment with getting Elsie to bring the class was epic :heh:, he's definitely a genius. He really planned this episode out quite well, and he helped Jun a lot, another great capture finishes I really hope for a third season now.

Sumeragi 2011-06-22 11:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Master Chibi (Post 3660232)

ISWEAR

Check the scene right after the OP in episode 9. You'll see that Jun's legs are long enough and the pedals small enough for her to not have to ride her skirt up.

Kyouka 2011-06-22 14:45

I love the last arc episodes with the songs during the episode

larethian 2011-06-23 12:05

despite having read the manga, can I just comment on how genius the adaptation is. and the last service pic was perfect.

ThereminVox 2011-06-23 20:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by larethian (Post 3663943)
despite having read the manga, can I just comment on how genius the adaptation is. and the last service pic was perfect.

Took me a few times seeing it to realize she's in pro-wrestling gear.

Divini 2011-06-24 05:33

It's rare that I can watch an anime to an already outstanding manga without nitpicking at the adaptation.

It's almost as if I'm watching the entire story again, fresh, and getting absorbed in it all over again. And I dare say even MORE absorbed in it despite knowing the plot already. That's hard to do.