AnimeSuki.com Forum

AnimeSuki Forum (http://forums.animesuki.com/index.php)
-   K-On! (http://forums.animesuki.com/forumdisplay.php?f=90)
-   -   K-On! - Episode 7 Discussion / Poll (http://forums.animesuki.com/showthread.php?t=81592)

Master Chibi 2009-05-20 01:11

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kaioshin Sama (Post 2405494)
I'm actually going with quiet bookish megane girl type or possibly tsundere myself. Loli actually seems like it would be to.......not obvious......dynamic.

Well gotta cover all the bases somehow~

Ascaloth 2009-05-20 01:30

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 2405517)
Get off your high horse, seriously.

Look, my expectations for the series were based on the nature of this series that we saw in the first two episodes, and the nature of this series completely veered off course! Apparently I cannot type English since you do not understand?...

So, let me get this straight. You saw the first two episodes of "cute girls doing cute things" that simply revolved around a high school light music club (where the organization of said club is dismal even by high school standards, for that matter), concluded that the dominant theme of this series is "srsfknbsns musicmaking" simply because it revolves around said club, and proceed to deduce that 5 more episodes of "cute girls doing cute things" is veering off course from what you believed was the main theme of "srsfknbsns musicmaking"....?

Ok, maybe the above is off from what you're trying to say, but c'mon, you gotta give me more to work with here. :cool:

MidnightViper88 2009-05-20 01:34

This thread is in a critical condition...

*insert Wahbulance image here*

Reckoner 2009-05-20 01:50

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascaloth (Post 2405572)
So, let me get this straight. You saw the first two episodes of "cute girls doing cute things" that simply revolved around a high school light music club (where the organization of said club is dismal even by high school standards, for that matter), concluded that the dominant theme of this series is "srsfknbsns musicmaking" simply because it revolves around said club, and proceed to deduce that 5 more episodes of "cute girls doing cute things" is veering off course from what you believed was the main theme of "srsfknbsns musicmaking"....?

Ok, maybe the above is off from what you're trying to say, but c'mon, you gotta give me more to work with here. :cool:

Sigh. I guess I'm going right back where I started, but why not? First I'll quote a post a couple pages back that someone else made as I thought he illustrated quite well what I was looking for in this show.

Quote:

Originally Posted by vedicardi (Post 2404673)
I don't think people want sole focus on music, but focus on character interaction that has something to do with the music. The stuff where Mio is presenting the lyrics to the other club members, the moment in episode 7 where everyone was playing "air" instruments. These are some of the highlights of the show, because as I said before, they are interactions using music as a basis.

At least that's what I want. I guess I can't really speak for everyone, but I think if there was more of that, the show would be considered "better" by most.

Cute girls doing cute things is not out of sorts with what I was looking at. When I read the synopsis of K-ON! I thought I was going to see a group of girls clumsily form a band in a comedic way, but in the end it would come off as heart warming in their attempts to succeed. Perhaps there would even be a little drama as bands are almost always with drama... I also thought I'd hear some nice music (However one must consider the genre of music which was fairly obvious to me) I don't think this is something unreasonable to expect.

First episode... We get to see the four band members slowly come together, two of them have been friends since young and apparently had a dream to form a band ever since seeing a concert. Another one thought it would be a fun experience. The last was just you're typical ditz girl who wanderered into a situation that she didn't fully comprehend. We get to see a little peformance at the end and then we find out that this ditz girl cannot play any instruments, let alone a guitar! Ah, looks like all the ingredients are there to meet what I was attempting to see here! Oh, and I enjoyed the OP and ED that showed much promise to the show's future and the band's future.

Second episode... The four girls who formed a band come to realize that Yui needs to buy a guitar. Apparently Yui cannot afford one, especially not the one that she set her eyes on. Looks like the friends are going to have to bail her out. They all get together to do clumsily get jobs and pull together their efforts in order to buy Yui a guitar. In the end we realize that we have a little rich princess who owns the guitar store and bails Yui out of a little pinch by lowering down the price of such a guitar. A group of girls clumsily forming a band. Check. A little nice comedy to lighten up the mood in my day? Check. Hey the story is set up now, time to look foward to next week...

And after that you can pretty much just go to the previous episode threads or look at my past posts to see my position on this show developed over the last 4 episodes or so.

Ascaloth 2009-05-20 02:02

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 2405614)
Sigh. I guess I'm going right back where I started, but why not? First I'll quote a post a couple pages back that someone else made as I thought he illustrated quite well what I was looking for in this show.

Cute girls doing cute things is not out of sorts with what I was looking at. When I read the synopsis of K-ON! I thought I was going to see a group of girls clumsily form a band in a comedic way, but in the end it would come off as heart warming in their attempts to succeed. Perhaps there would even be a little drama as bands are almost always with drama... I also thought I'd hear some nice music (However one must consider the genre of music which was fairly obvious to me) I don't think this is something unreasonable to expect.

First episode... We get to see the four band members slowly come together, two of them have been friends since young and apparently had a dream to form a band ever since seeing a concert. Another one thought it would be a fun experience. The last was just you're typical ditz girl who wanderered into a situation that she didn't fully comprehend. We get to see a little peformance at the end and then we find out that this ditz girl cannot play any instruments, let alone a guitar! Ah, looks like all the ingredients are there to meet what I was attempting to see here! Oh, and I enjoyed the OP and ED that showed much promise to the show's future and the band's future.

Second episode... The four girls who formed a band come to realize that Yui needs to buy a guitar. Apparently Yui cannot afford one, especially not the one that she set her eyes on. Looks like the friends are going to have to bail her out. They all get together to do clumsily get jobs and pull together their efforts in order to buy Yui a guitar. In the end we realize that we have a little rich princess who owns the guitar store and bails Yui out of a little pinch by lowering down the price of such a guitar. A group of girls clumsily forming a band. Check. A little nice comedy to lighten up the mood in my day? Check. Hey the story is set up now, time to look foward to next week...

And after that you can pretty much just go to the previous episode threads or look at my past posts to see my position on this show developed over the last 4 episodes or so.

To summarize, the amount of non-music-related content that is present in any one episode of this series is inversely proportional to how good you personally think the episode was, regardless of the quality of the non-music-related content in the first place. Noted. :cool:

(No, I'm not going to go over the previous episode threads for your posts; it's just too tedious for a lazy bum like me. :cool:)

yezhanquan 2009-05-20 02:12

"Quality of the non-music-related content": It is going down ep by ep.

Kyourin 2009-05-20 02:14

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascaloth (Post 2405636)
To summarize, the amount of non-music-related content that is present in any one episode of this series is inversely proportional to how good you personally think the episode was, regardless of the quality of the non-music-related content in the first place. Noted. :cool:

somehow I'm beginning to realize Reckon's point :)

but yeah .. instead of bashing it .. I just enjoy it to the fullest :) lots of people have different views and expectations .. one cannot force those to another

p.s. K-ON ep 8 upcoming 1:29am laterz XD seeing the maid uniform stuff .. it would prolly disappoint Reckon and the others more ^^

Reckoner 2009-05-20 02:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascaloth (Post 2405636)

(No, I'm not going to go over the previous episode threads for your posts; it's just too tedious for a lazy bum like me. :cool:)

Trying to mathematically quantity something like that is silly. You missed the entire point of the post and frankly I've grown tired of responding tonight.

This will be the last things I will say... I do not wish to see the animation of moe blobs for 20 minutes every week. Where is the even basic character development? The group bonding? Any drama? Plot build up? The trials of completing such a task? Much of what I have seen in the past episodes has been superflurous activities that didn't progress the series very much at all, and yet we get to see the band magically become good by the concert episode by doing nothing forcing us to suspend our belief even though they went through the trouble of illustrating the point in the beginning that Yui doesn't know how to play guitar and has trouble focusing....

And likewise, I'm too lazy myself to go back to my old posts.

Ithekro 2009-05-20 02:28

The seeming self imposed aggravation may be blocking one's senses when it comes to seeing character development, group bonding, and even increase in musical skills. There is not very much of this per episode, but there is some in each one. Mostly it is group bonding and minor character development with some indication that Yui is getting better with the guitar by practising at home. The other three seem to know their instruments already and just need serious polish on group play and the ability to write music that they play.

As for them being good at the concert, that is a little open to interpretation. The song wasn't all that good, and their ending was sloppy. It was what it was...a first serious attempt. Also they've had something like six months to get that far (If the festival was in November).

One would assume that an additional member will add drama (in one form or another) since you now have an outsider joining a core group. Well will see, either this week or next what comes of this.

Ascaloth 2009-05-20 02:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Reckoner (Post 2405658)
Trying to mathematically quantity something like that is silly. You missed the entire point of the post and frankly I've grown tired of responding tonight.

You're making the assumption that I was actually attempting a "srsfknbsns" mathematical quantification of your opinion, which is hardly the case. I was merely making a description of what your last reply looked like to me, and if I missed the point, whose fault is it? Certainly not mine, since I went to all the trouble to make your post as understandable as I can make it. :cool:

Quote:

This will be the last things I will say... I do not wish to see the animation of moe blobs for 20 minutes every week. Where is the character development? The even basic character development? The group bonding? Any drama? Plot build up? Much of what I have seen in the past episodes has been superflurous activities that didn't progress the series very much at all, and yet we get to see the band magically become good by the concert episode by doing nothing.
Better. Much more concise. I could start pointing out the answers to your questions, but since you've made the mistake of allowing me to get on your nerves, I think it's best you sleep it off for today. You'll probably feel better off next time, and I've got other things to do anyway. ;)

monir 2009-05-20 02:38

Do we yet know the episode count for this series. I haven't been keeping track. If it is a two cour series, then viewers like Reckoner who was attracted to the show after the first two episode, may see some fruition to their expectation about the type of drama the first two episodes hint at. Of course, I don't know how the manga pans out in regards to the flow of the story, or the sort of focus about the band and its eventual success.

Anyway, since the viewers like Reckoner who aren't satisfied by how the show is going about it is in the minority, I suppose the stories' appeal is there as long as we can accept the notion, it's not for everyone.

Peace be with us all!

And both Ascaloth and Reckoner could use some sleep at this point. :cool:

KiNA 2009-05-20 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 2405691)

NOOOO!!!

What am I supposed to do with my popcorn now?

:(

Ascaloth 2009-05-20 02:47

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 2405691)

Pffft. Speak for yourself, I'm not the one getting heated up here. Me, I've got the remaining episodes of ARIA to blow through by today. :p

Quote:

Originally Posted by KiNA (Post 2405701)
NOOOO!!!

What am I supposed to do with my popcorn now?

:(

Ah. Perfect for an ARIA session. *takes KiNA's popcorn* :p

MidnightViper88 2009-05-20 02:48

We now interrupt the "Y SO SRS?" discussion to force you back to your regularly-scheduled program...

I noticed in this episode, for everything Sawako did to possibly embarrass herself during the Christmas party, KyoAni sparred her during the end of the episode during the New Year's segment by taking out the part in the manga where she had an elongated prayer and multiple drawn omikuji...I guess she already looked pathetic enough as it is... :p

monir 2009-05-20 02:52

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ascaloth (Post 2405703)
Pffft. Speak for yourself, I'm not the one getting heated up here. Me, I've got the remaining episodes of ARIA to blow through by today. :p

Ah. Perfect for an ARIA session. *takes KiNA's popcorn* :p

I just finished Bamboo Blade. Don't make me hit you with my Shinai, well... the remote control that will be referred to as my Shinai for the time being. And besides, I'm too pumped up to go to sleep anyway.

So, do we have an episode count announced for this show yet?

MidnightViper88 2009-05-20 02:54

13 confirmed episodes so far, only up to 10 have episode titles to them...Nothing yet on what happens beyond...

Ascaloth 2009-05-20 02:56

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 2405707)
I just finished Bamboo Blade. Don't make me hit you with my Shinai, well... the remote control that will be referred to as my Shinai for the time being. And besides, I'm too pumped up to go to sleep anyway.

*cowers* :p

KiNA 2009-05-20 02:56

I dont think its enough material for 24 episodes.. most like 13 episodes. Altho, for more Mio moeness, I dont mind a 100 episodes series :3

Lending aohige wise word in Basquash.. I dont care about story, I just here for Mio's moe :heh:

monir 2009-05-20 02:57

Thanks Midnight. I suppose the show's going to stay short and sweet for the maximum impact over its fans.

yezhanquan 2009-05-20 03:03

Quote:

Originally Posted by monir (Post 2405717)
Thanks Midnight. I suppose the show's going to stay short and sweet for the maximum impact over its fans.

And it should follow the fine tradition of Lucky Star and Hidamari Sketch: the later parts of the manga turning out to be more awesome than the anime itself.